Booking onboard activities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking onboard activities.

So in October we are headed on a cruise with friends.

This is their first Disney cruise.

DH and I are Silver Level for the Castaway Club. Meaning we can book onboard and port excursions about a week to 10 days sooner than our friends.

There are a couple of things on board that we want to do. DH and friend's DH want to do a bourbon tasting and Friend and I want to do a chocolate/liqueur tasting. Can I book both of these for DH and I thru our stateroom and then swap out who attends by calling Disney later? Or is this a no-no? Same number of people are going to be going to the activity. Not trying to book extra slots, just trying to get in a little sooner for our friends if it is kosher.

I haven't encountered this combination, so I don't have an accurate answer. However, I had a similar situation when we took my parents on the Alaska cruise. I was able to just wait until my parents were able to book and book all four of us for the tastings and didn't have trouble getting the ones we wanted. So, you may be able to wait and just book each party for the tastings from their stateroom account.

One thing you may already know is that you will need the friends' reservation number for DCL to swap out the parties as they track everything by that number (if they allow you to do that).
    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn https://www.pixiedustlane.com/core/i...ilies/cool.png

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Another question about booking onboard activities>>>

Any idea where to find a list of activities prior to our booking window???

Comment

I know I previously found a list of things like beverage tastings on the website (I've just had to search for it, as it didn't come up under activities overview) and I checked Personal Navigators from similar cruises, which gave me an idea...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

So frustrating. I get that I can't book for a while but it would be nice to take a look at what is potentially available and decide what we may want to do!
          We are coordinating with another couple and they are in Florida (and four hours ahead of us) so we would like to have it figured out at least somewhat!
          I'm not expecting times and days - just a general list of what is offered so we can make a few choices and back up choices.
          AARRGGHH!! I know, I know...First World problems.

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post
            So frustrating. I get that I can't book for a while but it would be nice to take a look at what is potentially available and decide what we may want to do!
            We are coordinating with another couple and they are in Florida (and four hours ahead of us) so we would like to have it figured out at least somewhat!
            I'm not expecting times and days - just a general list of what is offered so we can make a few choices and back up choices.
            AARRGGHH!! I know, I know...First World problems.
            I'd definitely look at Personal Navigators for similar cruises - the Disney Cruise Line Blog is still pretty good at posting a lot of those and that definitely gives you a clue. I think the best way to do it is to decide which activities you'd like to book, i.e. Palo or which beverage sessions and then just book them if they're available on your cruise and you can make it. That's how we've done it in the past, but yes, it is a bit of a pain.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I was just able to do the bookings for my September cruise. So, let me tell you what we had available to give you an idea of what they're having as options. Beverage Tastings: Stem to Stern Wine Tasting, Champagne Tasting, Cognac Tasting, Bourbon Tasting, Beer Tasting, Whiskey Tasting, Kick Start Your Day Beverage Tasting (Mimosa and Bloody Mary as well as non-alcoholic juice drinks), Mixology (teaching you how to make shots and drinks), Tequila and Margarita Tasting, Chocolate & Liquor Tasting, Martini Tasting, Rum Tasting, and Mojito & Caipirinha Tasting. Most of these were offered multiple times during the course of the cruise. The Chocolate & Liquor Tasting is very popular and fills up fast, but I would just keep checking back if that one interests you.
              Ta Ta For Now. Jenn https://www.pixiedustlane.com/core/i...ilies/cool.png

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
                I was just able to do the bookings for my September cruise. So, let me tell you what we had available to give you an idea of what they're having as options. Beverage Tastings: Stem to Stern Wine Tasting, Champagne Tasting, Cognac Tasting, Bourbon Tasting, Beer Tasting, Whiskey Tasting, Kick Start Your Day Beverage Tasting (Mimosa and Bloody Mary as well as non-alcoholic juice drinks), Mixology (teaching you how to make shots and drinks), Tequila and Margarita Tasting, Chocolate & Liquor Tasting, Martini Tasting, Rum Tasting, and Mojito & Caipirinha Tasting. Most of these were offered multiple times during the course of the cruise. The Chocolate & Liquor Tasting is very popular and fills up fast, but I would just keep checking back if that one interests you.
                Wow, that's quite the selection. I like the sound of the Kick Start Your Day Beverage Tasting, that's one I've not come across before.

Comment

Working...
                X