Disney's Vero Beach & Hilton Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Vero Beach & Hilton Head

Hi. I'm hoping to get some reviews on Disney's Vero Beach and Hilton Head Resorts. Thinking about a trip with DH in 2021. What did you like or not like about it? How were the views from the room. We love relaxing on a balcony with a nice view, especially of the beach. What activities did you enjoy at the resort or the surrounding area.

It’s been several years since we visited HHI. We loved it. The room views are of the marshy waterway or the landscaping between buildings. Our favorite pool is the themed one at the main resort. We usually visit when the weather is a little too cool to take advantage of the beach. There are some restaurants and shops within walking distance. They are located on the marina/lagoon beside the resort. The cast members have always been very friendly and entertaining. There’s shuffleboard, cornhole, pingpong, and a nighttime firepit with s’mores. It’s a relaxing vacation.
    We have never been to Vero.

Comment

Hilton Head is wonderful and the Cast members are the best. It is a very laidback resort. We stayed in a two bedroom and it was huge and was well equipped with everything you would need. There is a quick service restaurant but no sit down restaurant. There are a lot of great restaurants in the area and some that you can walk to at the marina next door. The Beach is not at the resort but actually across the street. You can bike there, drive over or take the resort shuttle which runs frequently. At the beach, there is a good sized beach house, pool (there is also a pool at the resort) and a quick service restaurant. There are activities scheduled throughout the day. If you want a relaxing vacation, this is the best place.

Comment

• Disney Dork
        Disney Dork commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds lovely and would be the type of vacation we're looking for. Thank you for all the details!

Originally posted by Jambo View Post
      It’s been several years since we visited HHI. We loved it. The room views are of the marshy waterway or the landscaping between buildings. Our favorite pool is the themed one at the main resort. We usually visit when the weather is a little too cool to take advantage of the beach. There are some restaurants and shops within walking distance. They are located on the marina/lagoon beside the resort. The cast members have always been very friendly and entertaining. There’s shuffleboard, cornhole, pingpong, and a nighttime firepit with s’mores. It’s a relaxing vacation.
      We have never been to Vero.
      Thank you for all the great information! We're starting to like the idea of more relaxed vacations.

Comment

It's been a number of years since we visited both, but out of them, we preferred Vero Beach. We had a view of the sea and it was very peaceful. We also preferred the resort as it had on-site dining. If you want to go to a restaurant at Hilton Head, you have to walk off property or drive.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Disney Dork
          Disney Dork commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm starting to lean towards Vero Beach for those two reasons...the beach view and the onsite dining. I'm sure we would venture off property but it would be nice to dine at the resort too.
      Working...
      X