• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jenifermg0
    started a topic Booking next cruise while on board

Booking next cruise while on board

Booking next cruise while onboard...

Okay. We are going on a cruise in January of 2020 with our friends, Couple #1.
    Our other friends want to go on a cruise in October of 2022.

Is there anyway we could book the 2022 cruise while we are on the one in 2020??
    Or is it too far out?

I know we get certain perks for booking while on board and I would like to take advantage of those.

• Tiggeriffic
    replied
    You can book a "placeholder" for $250, no specific dates necessary. The placeholder carries all benefits of an onboard booking, just no specific date. However, be aware that there is a 24-month expiration - the next cruise must start within that 24-month period to the day. So depending on the dates of your 2020 cruise and the 2022 cruise, it could be tight.

Enjoy your cruises!

Leave a comment:

• chezp
    replied
    Oh I'm so glad it's all worked out for you!

Leave a comment:

• jenifermg0
    replied
    YEAH!!!!
    Talked to the couple who want to go on the next cruise. They are totally good with changing up the date if necessary.
    The cruise was supposed to be for their 20th anniversary in October of 2022. I wasn't sure if I could manage to get it that far out by doing the placeholder cruise and then re-booking later.
    This is gonna work out MUCH better...a lot less stress. Now we just have to cross our fingers for a Marvel cruise! They want to do a SW or Marvel cruise. And since DH and I have done one SW and are doing another SW cruise in January...I'm hoping for Marvel!

Leave a comment:

• chezp
    replied
    You can always book a "placeholder" cruise - i.e. one that's as far in the future as possible - if your cruise dates aren't out, which I don't think they will be by then. They've just added in the rest of the 2020 itinerary this week, so you can expect the start of 2021 to be out by the time you cruise. I can't remember when summer dates come out. If you book for early 2021, then as soon as they announce the dates for October 2022, you can change your cruise.

However, you do need to be mindful that you need to make the change before your final payment is due and you can now only move a "placeholder" cruise once. You'll need to work out if the dates will allow you to do that. I'm not sure off the top of my head. A quick Google search should give you some historic information about roughly when Disney announce their itineraries throughout the year.

Hope that helps!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X