Update on new Disney ships

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on new Disney ships

Apparently the first steel will be cut on the new Disney Cruise Line ships in November 2019. I did some research to see how long it took for previous ships to get from steel cutting to sailing and the Dream had her first steel cut in March 2009 and her maiden voyage was January 2011, so if we're following that timescale, I guess we're looking at a launch date somewhere around summer/fall 2021.
    During today's Port Canaveral Commission Meeting, Captain John Murray, the port's CEO revealed steel cutting for the first of Disney Cruise Line's three

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

I saw this article as well. I can't wait to see the ships and to sail on them. I was so hoping to be able to get on the Magic or Fantasy for my 50th birthday cruise to be able to have sailed on three of the original ships before the next ones sail, but alas, it was not meant to be. So, I will just have to keep cruising and sail on them as time allows.
    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
      I saw this article as well. I can't wait to see the ships and to sail on them. I was so hoping to be able to get on the Magic or Fantasy for my 50th birthday cruise to be able to have sailed on three of the original ships before the next ones sail, but alas, it was not meant to be. So, I will just have to keep cruising and sail on them as time allows.
      That's our attitude. We're fortunate enough to have been on all four existing ships and we'll get round to the new ships at some point whenever they come online...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I am excited to see what the new ships are going to look like!
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Very exciting! I cannot wait to see the new ships, although it will have to be through pictures because I don’t see a Disney cruise in our future for a few years.
          Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Working...
          X