Some Disney Magic on our doorstep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Disney Magic on our doorstep

We headed down to Dover today to see the Disney Magic, who's currently in port as part of a repatriation mission to get crew members home. We knew she was in early this morning, but had no idea how long she'd be staying and didn't want to miss her. Of course, she's still there now and it's now the evening over here.

It was so lovely to see her, even if it was a bit surreal, knowing she had no passengers on board.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

I was hoping you’d get to see the Magic. So glad you did! I read online (DCL Blog maybe?), that she might stay there until her refurb later in the year, but who knows. At this point, everything is up in the air.
    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

How nice that you got to see the ship. I'm sure the crew members are anxious to get home.

Comment

It is so nice that you were able to see the Magic. I sure hope I get to sail on her in December for my birthday. My fingers, toes, arms and legs are all crossed hoping we get to take the cruise.
        Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I was also hoping that you two would get to see her when she arrived at Dover. A wee bit of Disney Magic!
          Cam
          27 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
            I was hoping you’d get to see the Magic. So glad you did! I read online (DCL Blog maybe?), that she might stay there until her refurb later in the year, but who knows. At this point, everything is up in the air.
            She's still there this morning. However, according to this article, there's a slightly disturbing reason why she's still there.
            Disney Cruise Line is now in the process of finally repatriating hundreds of its crew members from some of its cruise ships. Disney transferred crew

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Mouseketeer View Post
              How nice that you got to see the ship. I'm sure the crew members are anxious to get home.
              I'm sure they are, but from what I've read this morning, it may be a while yet before that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
                It is so nice that you were able to see the Magic. I sure hope I get to sail on her in December for my birthday. My fingers, toes, arms and legs are all crossed hoping we get to take the cruise.
                I really hope it works out for you. Yesterday Mark asked if we could still do the Panama canal cruise in November, but I told him there were too many variables. There's no way I want to add in international travel at the moment. If they were sailing from the UK, that would be a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post

She's still there this morning. However, according to this article, there's a slightly disturbing reason why she's still there.
                  Thanks for sharing. I do hope those crew members get home soon.
                  Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post

This is disturbing and I feel for these crew members.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

This is disturbing and I feel for these crew members.
                      So do I. I have no idea what's going on, but the Magic is still in Dover. I guess she may be here for some time...

Comment

I hope DCL is able to get all the kinks worked out and get the crew members home soon.
                        Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
                          I hope DCL is able to get all the kinks worked out and get the crew members home soon.
                          So do I. She's still there this morning, but I have no idea whether the crew are still on board. I looked last night and didn't see any further updates.s

Comment

Any updates? Is the Magic still docked in Dover?
                            Louise

Comment

According to the Disney Cruise Blog they are still in Dover.
                              Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X