Two Disney ships returning to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Disney ships returning to the US

All four Disney ships have been hanging out in Europe for the last few weeks, but as of yesterday, both the Wonder and Fantasy are finally heading back to Port Canaveral. The Fantasy stopped at Southampton first, although sadly with the national lockdown, we couldn't see her. We suspect she was stocking up on food, as I remember being told by crew before that they always get their best quality food in Europe at British stops.

The Dream is still in Brest, France and the Magic is still hanging out on our doorstep in Dover, so a couple of them remain here...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

It sounds as if they are slowly getting prepared to begin cruises. I hope it happens soon for the industry, which has to be greatly suffering. With the positive news coming out recently concerning vaccines, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to brighten a bit.
    11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Originally posted by Pris View Post
      It sounds as if they are slowly getting prepared to begin cruises. I hope it happens soon for the industry, which has to be greatly suffering. With the positive news coming out recently concerning vaccines, maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to brighten a bit.
      That's what I'm thinking too. I can't help but wonder whether, at some point in the future, it will be a requirement to have had a vaccine before boarding a cruise? That would certainly help hugely to reassure people.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Pris
        Pris commented
        Editing a comment
        That would certainly work for me. At 72 years old, I am considered to be among the early ones approved to receive a vaccine, following health care workers and nursing homes, here in the states, and I will surely be there the first chance I can.

• chezp
        chezp commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I'm glad to hear that's how it's going to be rolled out in the States too. That's the approach here too. Care home residents and staff first, followed by those over the age of 85 and social care workers who go into people's homes, then those over the age of 75, then I think it's those over the age of 65 and those with underlying health conditions under the age of 60, then those over the age of 50, then the rest of the population with details of the order in which the rest of the population will be vaccinated still to be decided.

And now I think about it, over here anyway, cruising is more popular with older people, so that approach would certainly work for cruise lines in Europe... I appreciate it's not the same for Disney though in terms of the demographic who cruise with them!

It is good to hear that they are starting to come back to the states. I just wish they could have done so in time for our cruise. Oh well, WDW will just have to do for my 50th birthday. The news about park hopping starting back in January has me happy and worried at the same time for the crowd levels.
      Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Originally posted by manticorjenn View Post
        It is good to hear that they are starting to come back to the states. I just wish they could have done so in time for our cruise. Oh well, WDW will just have to do for my 50th birthday. The news about park hopping starting back in January has me happy and worried at the same time for the crowd levels.
        I know how much you were hoping to do that cruise for your 50th and my heart goes out to you, as I know what that likes, given I know what I want to do for my 50th in December 2022 - hopefully a trip on the Disney Wish. I'm sure the parks will still be magical for your special birthday. And I guess, given the year we've all had, at least you can celebrate! My brother-in-law turned 40 in April and we were in strict lockdown, so it was a day at home for him with the family. He's planning to hopefully celebrate next year, like so many others who've had milestone birthdays this year.

Comment

• manticorjenn
          manticorjenn commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure hope I get to celebrate. With the way cases are spiking and the recent changes to the rules of our state, I may not be able to travel. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well. I really don't want to go to the third choice of my friends throwing me a Disney themed party here with social distancing.

That’s great news! Hopefully this is a sign that cruising may resume soon!
        Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

That does seem like progress toward the return of cruising.
          Cam
          28 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
          X