No announcement yet.

Anyone gone to Disneyland gluten free?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gone to Disneyland gluten free?

Has anyone gone to Disneyland and been gluten free? I'm taking my family there for the first time this summer and I'm trying to get good ideas for meals and snacks besides just bringing our own into the parks.
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. -Walt Disney

Previous trips Feb 1996 Poly, Aug 2010 GF, Aug 2013 WL, Aug 2016 Swan, Aug 2018 Poly, Feb 2019 ASMU, Aug 2019 DL??????

Since our numbers are somewhat less here than on PassPorter, I suspect there may not be anyone who’s been to Disneyland recently who can suggest things/places they enjoyed.

Is the need for g-f recent or one you’ve managed at WDW? I’d think special food needs are handled similarly at DLR and likely quite a few snacks are available at both.

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Comment

• ecmommy
      ecmommy commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured the odds weren't great but I thought I'd give it a try. Everyone is so friendly and helpful here.

I don't know how DL handles special food needs but I wouldn't be surprised if they're handled differently. Having been to both DW and DL many times I can tell you that while they may be owned and operated by the same company the difference between the two in how things are done and handled are enough that if you didn't know better you'd think they were owned by different companies. My advice would be to call DL and talk to someone.
    Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
    Is the need for g-f recent or one you’ve managed at WDW? I’d think special food needs are handled similarly at DLR and likely quite a few snacks are available at both.

Comment

• ecmommy
      ecmommy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I was thinking.

I had a look at the Disneyland website and, for once, it came up trumps with a question someone asked of the mom's panel. There isn't a full list online, according to this answer, but it does have some useful information and links. Hope it helps!

Greetings, Norma! Welcome to the Disney Parks Moms Panel and thanks for your question! We travel a lot with my sister-in-law who eats a gluten free diet...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Thank you so much for the info guys. I will definitely follow up. We go to WDW often and they are so wonderful with dietary restrictions, I am hoping DL is somewhat similar but we rented a car and booked a hotel room with a fridge and microwave just in case.
      All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. -Walt Disney

Previous trips Feb 1996 Poly, Aug 2010 GF, Aug 2013 WL, Aug 2016 Swan, Aug 2018 Poly, Feb 2019 ASMU, Aug 2019 DL??????

Comment

Visited WDW only with gf options. No bun with burgers, deli plate with meats and cheese, fruit bowls etc. I’m not one who thinks “salad” is a great gf option. We used to take our own snacks - hummus with fresh veggies, applesauce, fruits and veggies already cut and meats and cubed cheese.
        Good luck. Let us know what you find

Comment

Working...
        X