Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confession time... what are you not a fan of?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confession time... what are you not a fan of?

Ok, I'll confess this idea came from another thread, where people were confessing about things they weren't a fan of at Disney World - be it a park or an attraction - so now it's time for everyone to air their views. What is it you're not a fan of?

I'm not a fan of the Studios, although I suspect that may change, as when we next go (probably 2021 now) Galaxy's Edge will be open and I'm one of the minority looking forward to that. I'm also not a fan of Fantasmic!, particularly having seen the Disneyland version - so much better. We're also not fans of thrill rides or coasters. We prefer it when Disney introduce attractions that everyone can enjoy. Mind you, it works, as having done Flight of Passage once, it affected us both and we won't need to worry about getting Fastpasses for it again!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Fantasmic, I've seen it once and have no desire to see it again. Epcot, although since I did the Undiscovered Future World tour about five years ago I've been spending more time there. Columbia Harbor House, it may be because most of the menu is seafood and I'm not a seafood eater but I don't don't understand the appeal or the wonderful reviews the food gets. Neither does my mom and she's had the fish & chips there. And I'm not a fan of the never ending parade of massive multi-year construction projects that seem to be going on in multiple places on property and have been for years now.

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
      And I'm not a fan of the never ending parade of massive multi-year construction projects that seem to be going on in multiple places on property and have been for years now.
      I hear you on that one - I think we all do. I know it will be worth it eventually, but it would be nice to visit WDW for once and not see construction walls everywhere....

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I am not a fan of all the overpriced add-on events.
        ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL

Comment

Stitch.....anything Stitch

Comment

I know there are lots of fans but...I never really got Illumiations...I'm really looking forward to Epcot Forever! I also still really miss Wishes.

Comment

Definitely, not Fantasmic and saw it once and didn't do much for me. The mass waves of strollers in the parks and on the buses as they take up so much room. Like DMA not a fan of all the new separate priced new events but may consider one eventually as you can do a lot with few people in the parks. The amount everything has gone up in WDW over the last several years with tickets and resorts. It's why I'm now staying in DS for most of my stays now. They don't have the Disney theme which is fine but many of the resorts are just as nice for about a third of the price Disney is charging. Plus you get many of the same benefits as you would in a WDW resort. I've been priced out of the WDW resorts for the most part and definitely the deluxe category. It was fifteen years ago I stayed at Jambo in a savanna view room with a good deal for $200 per night. Even with a discount most of the deluxes are still over $400 a night. This is insane and will just get worse. How long will I keep going to Disney? We'll see and hope I can continue going as gotten so expensive and may have to consider other places for my vacations in the future!
              Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
              WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

I am not a fan of Fantasmic. I have seen it twice now in WDW and it just does nothing for me. I also am not a fan of the after hours events and all the price increases. We don't go as often as everyone else, so the constant construction doesn't effect us as much. I too don't like the constant stream of strollers and inconsiderate parents that ram into you just so their precious child can get to some place two seconds sooner than if they were patient and calmly walked the stroller behind you.
                Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I’m not a fan of character meetings. I just can’t get into it. I can’t stand Stitch. I’m also not a fan of parades. We also never have our photos taken as I absolutely hate having my picture taken. I don’t like that all the value resorts are themed like playgrounds. Not everyone that can only afford a value has kids. Why can’t they have a normal looking value resort? I also hate It’s a Small World. It’s like punishment going on it. 😩
                  CINDY

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
                  1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
                  20 Weeks till WDW!!! Woohoo!!😁

Comment

I'm not a big fan of parts of Illuminations or of Fantasmic. I can't ride roller coasters or most thrill type rides. The eternal price increases are making it much more difficult to go and it seems there is never a slow time there anymore.
                    12/18-POFQ~4/2018-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

I’m not a fan of WDW’s Fantasmic, either. Does it make anyone else wonder, given the many of us who don’t care for it, why it always seems so packed and popular? The absolute hoards of people who flock in and out of that theater just boggles the mind. Joel occasionally likes to see it, but it certainly isn’t an event that keeps us in the park after dark.

I’m not a fan of Rivers of Light, either. When we went out of our way to get the dining package after it opened, we left that show saying, “That’s it?” I know they don’t want to do fireworks at AK, but I thought the theater itself was more interesting than the lighted floats, bland music, and twinkle lights in the trees. We prefer the little show at the Tree of Life.

I’m also not a fan of Coronado Springs Resort.

I’ll throw in that Joel doesn’t particularly care for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS, but I like it, so he goes with me .

I also think that the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular is only really spectacular one time. I don’t remember the last time we saw that show, but it was a few visits ago.

I really don’t like Casey’s Corner.

I think I’m done.
                      Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post
                        I’m not a fan of WDW’s Fantasmic, either. Does it make anyone else wonder, given the many of us who don’t care for it, why it always seems so packed and popular? The absolute hoards of people who flock in and out of that theater just boggles the mind. Joel occasionally likes to see it, but it certainly isn’t an event that keeps us in the park after dark.
                        That thought's been crossing my mind reading these responses too!

Comment

I'm not a fan of Fantasmic. Does nothing for me. I think that instead of messing with Illuminations, they should've something with it.

Not a fan of Rivers of Light either. I saw it, as part of a dining package, and I don't plan on going back. The show made me feel underwhelmed.

Not a fan of the long lines in the fastpass queues. I mean, what's the point of the fastpassses if you still have to wait 30+ minutes to get on the ride.

Also not a fan of all the extra cost for after hours events. What was once a perk of staying onsite is now an added cost.
                          "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC)

Comment

Can’t add to the Fantasmic hate list because we’ve never seen it.

I suspect those hordes are WDW first-timers or one-trippers who must see/do EVERYthing. That, or people with far less refined tastes than we Pixies. After all, most of us are such Disney vets that if we haven’t tried something, it’s probably because we’re fairly certain we don’t want to.

Put AK and SWL on our list of don’t-care/don’t-wanna. I yawned through Disney animal shows as a kid, always have thought Disney was for fantasy not reality.

Restaurants we hate? Mama Melrose, which not only didn’t have decaf coffee at 7:00 pm but said they couldn’t make any! And then, both of us got such grossly undercooked vegetables we couldn’t cut them. Never again...we’d drive off property if it were our only option.
                            “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Comment

• joelsmom
                              joelsmom commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well, fortunately there is fine Italian food a brief boat ride away at Il Mulino, Tutto Italia, and Via Napoli.

Really, no decaf? Can’t make any? I don’t even drink coffee, and that one annoys me.

• Her Dotness
                              Her Dotness commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Unfortunately for us, Via Napoli ranks pretty close to Mama Melrose’s.

Drew had a pizza there solo a few years ago one day when I didn’t feel well and went back to the room. He said it wasn’t fabulous (like NY-style or NY-Italian in his books) but good enough.

He was in the mood for veal parmesan or something other than pizza when we both tried VN. The catch for him is he’s allergic to peppers of all sorts, the fresh and hot ones much more than black pepper. The manager rather coldly advised him they had nothing for him but pizza, then. All their other items contained peppers! No, “We can whip up a pasta dish for you, sir, with veggies, olive oil and cheese.” Nope, just a pizza.

I have limited ability to tolerate dairy and gluten so quickly decided I’d have salad.

We concluded that pretty much everything there is made in advance and kept warm or reheated with little possibility of modification for common allergies.

I'm not really a fan of Hollywood Studios, though I love ToT and TSMM and will most likely love Galaxy's Edge. I can skip the WDW Fantasmic for many trips in a row. I don't do most of the thrill rides because they make me motion sick, but I'm glad those are there for folks like Luke who enjoy them so very much.

When I think about it, my dislikes (and likes) are my personal preferences, so I'm glad Disney doesn't listen just to me. WDW has something for everyone.
                            Cam
                            27 Trips to WDW
                            2 Trips to DLR
                            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                            X