Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you experienced all forms of Transportation to get to the parks/resorts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you experienced all forms of Transportation to get to the parks/resorts?

I can say Yes to that question.... and I plan on doing that for my next trip as well. Most of my Disney trips either with my family or with my kids I never had to use the Ferry, we never rented a car. But in my trip in 2015 I made sure I did all Transportation.

I love the boats, the monorail, the buses and the ferry.

What about you, have you rode all of them too?

Thank you for participating!
    1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn, 2018 All Star Music with the Heidke Family!

I’ve done them all. I don’t really like the ferry at MK, but I’ve done it a few times.

ETA: If you count Minnie Vans, I haven’t done them all. We probably will check that one off the list in July.
    Last edited by joelsmom; 04-14-2019, 11:21 AM.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      You can count that. I haven't rode one, but I did see one. I don't remember the price, it seems to change frequently.

• joelsmom
      joelsmom commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure it will be more than I really want to spend, but we have a reservation at Artist Point for the Snow White dinner, plus another day for breakfast at Boma. I will probably drive to one of them but take the Minnie Van for the other. I'm thinking the Minnie Van will be convenient for breakfast, since I think we would have to take the bus to AK and then another bus to AK Lodge. I think in July, I wouldn't mind driving to the TTC and taking a boat over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner.

Yes, we’ve experienced the monorail, buses, ferry, Friendship Boats, walking, and years ago a rental car to get to the parks.
    We have also used a taxi several times and Lyft once when it looked like the bus wasn’t going to get us to our ADR in time.
    ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL

Comment

Yep, we've done them all and, in terms of getting to Disney World, we've done DME, rented a car, used a town car, so we've got that pretty covered too. And yes, we've used a Minnie van!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

We've also done them all, including a rental car twice. Friendship Boats and monorail would be my favorites, though I don't mind the buses.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

If you count taxis/Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans as part of the "all" then no. I've never used a taxi at Disney and we don't have smart phones so we can't use the other three forms either

What we have used over the years:

Golf carts at FW and the Treehouse Villas when we stayed there
          The bus system more so years ago than now - this includes the internal bus system at FW
          The monorail - all three "lines"
          The ferry from the TTC to the MK
          The launch from the MK to FW
          The launch from Epcot to the DHS
          The boats from POR to DTD and back
          We've walked from the Contemporary to the MK
          Years ago, we took whatever boat took you took Discovery Island
          We use DME to get to Disney
          We use Quicksilver to get back to the airport
          We use a rental car to drive around

What else is there? Am I forgetting something?
          Last edited by CinderAbby; 04-14-2019, 03:17 PM. Reason: found typos that bothered me
          Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

We have never rented a car ever for any vacation and we’ve never used a taxi, Uber or Lyft at WDW either. We depend on the buses most of the time but have also used the monorail, ferry and friendship boats.
            CINDY

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
            1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
            Granddaughter’s 1st trip-September 20-26, 2020!🥳
            8 Weeks till WDW!!! Woohoo!!😁

Comment

We’v used all modes of transportation. My favorite is the monorail and my least favorite is the Friendship Boats. We even took a few taxis when we transferred from one hotel to another.

I know this isn’t a mode of transportation, yet, but I’m really looking forward to the gondolas.
              Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

We have not used them all. Since we use DME and the buses we have never used the ferry to get to MK. We used the friendship boats at POR to get to Disney Springs. We used the monorail to get from Epcot to the Contemporary for dinner at California Grill and a taxi to get to MK for the train tour one morning. So, we have a ways to go yet.
                Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I've done rental car, ferry, monorail, busses, friendship boats, taxi, and walking. Only one I haven't done is the Minnie van.
                  "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

I've done them all, including the Minnie van.....I will not ever use the gondolas.

Comment

Originally posted by rella View Post
                      I've done them all, including the Minnie van.....I will not ever use the gondolas.
                      I'm with you on the gondolas. I am not interested in them at all.
                      "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Originally posted by rella View Post
                        I can’t wait for the Skyliner! Hopefully it’s open by the time we stay at Pop in September! 😊
                        CINDY

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
                        1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
                        Granddaughter’s 1st trip-September 20-26, 2020!🥳
                        8 Weeks till WDW!!! Woohoo!!😁

Comment

• lovewdw2
                          lovewdw2 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You will have to let us know what you thought...

We have done them all, except for the Minnie Van and renting a car. The Skyliner should be great.
                        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Used all of them and most of the lines. The only one I haven't used is the boat launch at OKW but many of the others. Buses, monorail, ferry, walking, running through the rain, taxi and Lyft.
                          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                          X