Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Springs Getting Deliveries (Updated in post 24 with reopening date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Springs Getting Deliveries (Updated in post 24 with reopening date)

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/05/d...reopening-ec1/

As I've said previously, make what you will of this. However, it does appear that Disney Springs is getting deliveries.
    Last edited by joelsmom; 05-08-2020, 03:20 AM. Reason: Update
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Excellent!
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Not an area or development that excites me much.

I'll get excited when I read/hear news of such deliveries to resorts and parks.
      “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Luke read this today and also that some think the 3rd party restaurants in Disney Springs will open first and soon. We'll see!
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the third party restaurants re-opening.

Over here, from what we're being told, it will still be a long time before any restaurants re-open, so I'm kind of jealous...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Very exciting! I’ve been thinking all along that Disney Springs will probably open first with resorts and parks to follow later. Even though we have no new information, it’s a start.
            Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
              Very exciting! I’ve been thinking all along that Disney Springs will probably open first with resorts and parks to follow later. Even though we have no new information, it’s a start.
              Something else I just thought of reading this. In Shanghai Disney, the first things to re-open were parts of Disneytown (their version of Disney Springs) and the resorts. That was back on 9 March, so nearly two months ago now and no sign (as of yet) of the park re-opening. It will be interesting to see whether the other parks follow that pattern...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post

Something else I just thought of reading this. In Shanghai Disney, the first things to re-open were parts of Disneytown (their version of Disney Springs) and the resorts. That was back on 9 March, so nearly two months ago now and no sign (as of yet) of the park re-opening. It will be interesting to see whether the other parks follow that pattern...
                And, apparently, this past weekend tourist areas were allowed to open in Shanghai. I'm certain there were many restrictions, but I'm glad to know that Disney is not trying to jump the gun just for the sake of money. I'd like to think that they are studying the situation and working to do it as close to right as is possible in these difficult settings.
                11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

• joelsmom
                  joelsmom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am sure we all hope that, and I really do believe that is their plan. Just a day or two ago, they, along with reps from Universal Orlando and Sea World were all questioned about opening, and none of them would even come close to stating a timeline. Caution and a slow roll out will give me much confidence when I return.

Originally posted by Pris View Post

And, apparently, this past weekend tourist areas were allowed to open in Shanghai. I'm certain there were many restrictions, but I'm glad to know that Disney is not trying to jump the gun just for the sake of money. I'd like to think that they are studying the situation and working to do it as close to right as is possible in these difficult settings.
                They certainly do seem to be. If I remember right, schools re-opened either last week or this week there and there was a lot of rumour that Disney would want the theme parks open again for that, but that's not happened. I would imagine that all of Disney wants to see Shanghai get it right, as then they can hopefully apply whatever they do there in the other theme parks.

Comment

We’re non-essential CM’s laid off? I imagine it will be a while to re-hire them and replace/train those who won’t return. Especially older CM’s in the vulnerable category.

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the third party restaurants re-opening.

Over here, from what we're being told, it will still be a long time before any restaurants re-open, so I'm kind of jealous...
                    It depends on which state you live in whether restaurants are re-opening. In Kentucky there is not date for reopening yet, but restaurants are not listed at all for May.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I just saw this article on the DFB, which leads me to believe Disney Springs will open soon.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/...eopening-soon/
                      Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
                        I just saw this article on the DFB, which leads me to believe Disney Springs will open soon.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020/...eopening-soon/
                        Well, if the employees of Margaritaville have indeed been informed that CityWalk will be re-opening next week, but there’s been no public announcement by UO, it makes me wonder if they are planning a soft opening. The same thing could be happening at Disney Springs, with the deliveries apparently happening. It’s speculation, of course, but something is happening, isn’t it?
                        Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

Originally posted by donaldduckfan View Post
                          We’re non-essential CM’s laid off? I imagine it will be a while to re-hire them and replace/train those who won’t return. Especially older CM’s in the vulnerable category.
                          That's a really good point about older Cast Members who are vulnerable. I'm sure a lot of them won't want to return to any job where they're coming into contact with people, although they may have no option, depending on their situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

It depends on which state you live in whether restaurants are re-opening. In Kentucky there is not date for reopening yet, but restaurants are not listed at all for May.
                            Ah, of course, we're back to everything varying from state to state. I keep forgetting that, as over here, it's the same - well, with the exception of Wales and Scotland, which both have their own devolved governments, so they can differ somewhat from what England does.

Comment

• Her Dotness
                              Her Dotness commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Not only state to state but differing levels within a city or state. It can get confusing.

We were talking yesterday which restaurants we like would be reopening. It was a mix of "Yes, that one may" and "No, that one's in St. Louis County."

St. Louis City and County are still on stay-home orders whereas our county which comprises the western half of the city area west of the Mississippi River began reopening yesterday.

Then, there's East St. Louis which is on the Illinois side of the Mississippi. It's technically in the St. Louis metro though in Illinois and is on lockdown still with slightly different rules than St. Louis itself.
                              Last edited by Her Dotness; 05-05-2020, 01:32 AM.
                          Working...
                          X