Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Springs Getting Deliveries (Updated in post 24 with reopening date)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post

Well, if the employees of Margaritaville have indeed been informed that CityWalk will be re-opening next week, but there’s been no public announcement by UO, it makes me wonder if they are planning a soft opening. The same thing could be happening at Disney Springs, with the deliveries apparently happening. It’s speculation, of course, but something is happening, isn’t it?
    Reading this, I was wondering exactly the same thing. Some testing would be a really good thing, especially if it's for a couple of weeks, then it would give them a chance to see whether there's any spike in cases from people who are eating at the restaurants. That could help to provide some reassurance if there isn't.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Her Dotness
      Her Dotness commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, testing to check if these reopenings are causing spread would be wise.

The catch is that many places don't have enough tests for even those showing symptoms, much less the random testing necessary to detect spread.

We'll see by month's end how smart it was to reopen in states forging ahead like Florida is.

I'm not believing that any part of any major tourist attraction is re-opening until it happens. I know that here in Washington (state) that the stay home order is in effect through the end of May and even then the re-opening will be done in stages and the stages will be at least three weeks apart if not longer. And that's assuming that the stay home order isn't extended past the end of May. Honestly, with anything related to reopening I'm of the I'll believe it once it's happened mentality. I'm not getting excited by any reports of anything re-opening and I'm not letting myself believe or even think that come the beginning of June that things are going to start re-opening.

Comment

• joelsmom
      joelsmom commented
      Editing a comment
      I get your point, Laura, but this whole pandemic has highlighted the power of the states in this country. Tennessee is re-opening. Phase 1 has already started. Salons are open. Restaurants are open. Stores are open. Yes, there are restrictions, but everything is opening, with the exception of larger venues, including churches. Florida is similar. They have a re-opening plan that has begun, albeit a bit more slowly than Tennessee. Also, local governments have even more control to mandate restrictions. State by state, area by area, this whole re-opening will not be predictable. As for me, I'm still trying to work and then just go home. We did order food delivery over the weekend, but that was our big night IN.

• Her Dotness
      Her Dotness commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately, I fear we'll see where the power really lies within a few weeks after these reopenings.

It's the virus that's in control, not any other entities.

• joelsmom
      joelsmom commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent point, Dot.

Yesterday, wdwmagic.com reported that the Grapefruit parking garage, primarily used for cast members, is open. All I know is what I said in post #13. Something is happening.

Personally, I want to follow this stuff closely, especially as it relates to the trend of the virus.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

I'm curious.

How many of us would go to WDW or DLR if only some DS/DtD shopping, restaurants and a few hotels are open?

I'm a 4-year-old trapped in a senior body. I gotta have my parks, or I'd honestly rather not go.
      “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

• joelsmom
        joelsmom commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, Joel is a definite no go if the parks aren't up and running!!! He has made that abundantly clear!!!

Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
      I'm curious.

How many of us would go to WDW or DLR if only some DS/DtD shopping, restaurants and a few hotels are open?

I'm a 4-year-old trapped in a senior body. I gotta have my parks, or I'd honestly rather not go.
      Well, we certainly wouldn't. Not worth it for the nine hour flight to get there! I think that's part of the point, isn't it? A lot of local people will no doubt be delighted if some of the restaurants re-open. I know I have friends in the Orlando area who would be, but for many people, Disney is about the parks and here's where Disney World has the major issue. 80% of the visitors to Disneyland are locals, whereas only 20% of the visitors to Disney World are locals. I guess maybe if you stay at somewhere like Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Yacht and Beach Club with some added attractions, then it could be fun for a few nights, but I can't imagine going to Disney and not visiting the parks...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

There have been hints that theme parks will open first only to Florida residents. With that in mind, opening restaurants at Disney Springs makes sense.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
          There have been hints that theme parks will open first only to Florida residents. With that in mind, opening restaurants at Disney Springs makes sense.
          And that also makes a lot of sense. It means that people won't be travelling across the country, to begin with at least.

Comment

I think we can all pretty much be assured that Disney will not fill up those hotels (or half fill) if their parks aren't open. I think they are taking a baby step to test the results, which seems like a wise move. At some point, and we all have our opinions about when that might be appropriate, but at some point, they have to test the waters.
            Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ing-on-may-20/

Here’s the article from Disney Parks Blog about phased reopening beginning May 20...Disney Springs only, of course.

Note that this begins with some third party operations.
              Last edited by joelsmom; 05-08-2020, 03:23 AM.
              Susan

Comment

Thanks for the update. Good news to see some of Disney starting to open up, albeit just a small part and, understandably, under a lot of restrictions.

Comment

Working...
                X