A Glimpse Into What Disney Springs Will Look Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Glimpse Into What Disney Springs Will Look Like

I’m not sure if anyone is a fan of Tim Tracker, but he went to a media event at Disney Springs today. His video gives you an idea of what DS will be like when it opens.

https://youtu.be/zkLinoSTQqc
    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Thanks for sharing that. I'm anxious to see how things go tomorrow when there are a few thousand people there. It was interesting that he said he didn't feel like wearing a mask made him feel hotter than usual. I still don't think I could tolerate wearing one for hours on end out in the heat (I can barely tolerate wearing one for an hour in the grocery store. ) but it's good to know that he didn't find it terrible in the 90 degree heat.
    WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

Thanks for sharing that, that's really informative and it looks as if Disney has put lots of good measures in place with reminders everywhere.

I can see how this works for the re-opening of Disney Springs, where they can do the temperature checks at the parking lots and check for face coverings, where there is no other transportation running (I think I heard mention of taxis, but I'm not aware the buses or boats are running), but I'm just not sure how they're going to do it once you add in other transportation.

I too am surprised by his comments about the mask in the heat.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I found it interesting that he mentioned the mask didn’t bother him or make it difficult to breath in the Florida heat.
        Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

And All Ears Net now have a report from the first day of re-opening....
          Disney Springs at Disney World began its phased re-opening of stores and restaurants today. Here's what it was like.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

It looks like Disney has covered everything. Hope it all goes well today!
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
              And All Ears Net now have a report from the first day of re-opening....
              Looks like it is going well so far!
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

That's what I thought from the reports I read.

Comment

Except for the lady who was grilling hot dogs for 8 kids on a table right outside of a restaurant. I also saw on a FB group that there were some issues with people not following the social distancing rules inside the Starbucks as well. But overall it seemed like a pretty successful day. I read that crowds were much lower than they were anticipating which probably helped with the success of the day.
                  WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

Originally posted by allgiggles View Post

Except for the lady who was grilling hot dogs for 8 kids on a table right outside of a restaurant. I also saw on a FB group that there were some issues with people not following the social distancing rules inside the Starbucks as well. But overall it seemed like a pretty successful day. I read that crowds were much lower than they were anticipating which probably helped with the success of the day.
                    Luke was telling me this morning about the family grilling outside Raglan Road. No idea what they could have been thinking! 🙄
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

That will definitely have helped, if the crowds were lower. But grilling hot dogs? What the heck?

Comment

Luke was telling me this morning about the family grilling outside Raglan Road. No idea what they could have been thinking! 🙄
                        Originally posted by chezp View Post

That will definitely have helped, if the crowds were lower. But grilling hot dogs? What the heck?
                        I have no clue what those people were thinking. I read on one of the tweets or FB posts (can't remember which...there were so many) that the family wasn't able to eat at any of the restaurants at DS due to religious reasons. Ok. But why didn't they eat before they arrived? Or pack a lunch that didn't require lugging a grill with them? And then there's just the whole question of why did they think that would be allowed and that it was safe to do???? It's just bizarre.

Comment

I watch a lot of Tim's videos on Universal for Halloween Horror Nights and his experiences and takes on various eateries there and WDW as well.
                          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

What?!?! Grilling hotdogs at DS? How did she even do that? Bring a grill? That’s just odd...
                            Louise

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
                              I watch a lot of Tim's videos on Universal for Halloween Horror Nights and his experiences and takes on various eateries there and WDW as well.
                              He’s one of our favorite Disney vloggers. We watch him everyday.
                              Louise

Comment

Working...
                              X