Disney Springs opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Springs opening

My daughter and I went early to Disney Springs. It didn’t start out good. The ramp to the Orange garage was coned off. I missed the U turn do had to go further down to go back. We were in the garage at 9:30 am . All the handicapped parking was full.

Going through the temperature check was a breeze. We were actually in just before 10 am. Our first stop was Basin. I love to wash my hands with the sugar scrub. No purchases. We then stopped at Arribas Brothers. I’ve never been in there. Lots of nice goodies. I really liked the color crystals.

We mainly walked around. I stopped at a bakery and got a couple of chocolate chip cookies. They were just ok, nothing special. At 11:15 we got in line at Chicken Guy. They didn’t open until 11:30. It was after 12 noon when we finally got in. We were luck to get a table inside as it was really hot outside.

After lunch we went to Vera Bradley. Just by chance I asked if they had masks, and they did. A turtle print and a fish print. I bought one of each. They were $8.00 each. Jessica chose the turtle one. We left for home after that. It was getting hot and crowded. I was actually sweating where my mask was.

Since DS is so large and spread out I wasn’t worried about the social distancing.... except for when we were waiting in line for Chicken Guy. The people behind us were less than the 6 feet. I asked them to please observe the social distancing. I only saw one hand wash station but there was plenty of hand sanitizer machines all over the place. The cast members were nice... I was just missing the excitement. There was a lot more of Universal TM’s welcoming everyone back. It was more of a party atmosphere at Universal.

More stores will be opening on the 27th. I may go back then. On the whole they did a good job. Plenty of signage. I liked the vibe of Universal better.
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the review and photos!
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Thanks for the news.
          Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

Thanks so much for the review and the photos. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post
              My daughter and I went early to Disney Springs. It didn’t start out good. The ramp to the Orange garage was coned off. I missed the U turn do had to go further down to go back. We were in the garage at 9:30 am . All the handicapped parking was full.

Going through the temperature check was a breeze. We were actually in just before 10 am. Our first stop was Basin. I love to wash my hands with the sugar scrub. No purchases. We then stopped at Arribas Brothers. I’ve never been in there. Lots of nice goodies. I really liked the color crystals.

We mainly walked around. I stopped at a bakery and got a couple of chocolate chip cookies. They were just ok, nothing special. At 11:15 we got in line at Chicken Guy. They didn’t open until 11:30. It was after 12 noon when we finally got in. We were luck to get a table inside as it was really hot outside.

After lunch we went to Vera Bradley. Just by chance I asked if they had masks, and they did. A turtle print and a fish print. I bought one of each. They were $8.00 each. Jessica chose the turtle one. We left for home after that. It was getting hot and crowded. I was actually sweating where my mask was.

Since DS is so large and spread out I wasn’t worried about the social distancing.... except for when we were waiting in line for Chicken Guy. The people behind us were less than the 6 feet. I asked them to please observe the social distancing. I only saw one hand wash station but there was plenty of hand sanitizer machines all over the place. The cast members were nice... I was just missing the excitement. There was a lot more of Universal TM’s welcoming everyone back. It was more of a party atmosphere at Universal.

More stores will be opening on the 27th. I may go back then. On the whole they did a good job. Plenty of signage. I liked the vibe of Universal better.
              Thanks for the review and photos. We love going to Basin. We always go to Basin White at the Grand Floridian. The sugar scrubs are amazing.
              That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
              WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Originally posted by BriarRose4 View Post

Thanks for the review and photos. We love going to Basin. We always go to Basin White at the Grand Floridian. The sugar scrubs are amazing.
                The sugar scrub is my favorite. It’s now $37.00. Even with a discount that’s pricey. Although it does last forever. Wish they had smaller sizes.

Comment

Working...
                X