Major Florida Theme Parks Presenting Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Florida Theme Parks Presenting Plans

I opted to post this here, because there wasn’t a definitive spot, since it applies to all Orlando area parks.

Disney World and the other big Orange County theme parks are set to present re-opening plans beginning today. It seems Universal Orlando will go first. I think we all know some of the details, based on the policies in place for City Walk and Disney Springs. However, I will be interested to see if these big players propose resort numbers and park visitor numbers, and certainly dates.

https://www.wesh.com/amp/article/uni...ation/32617745

There are other stories online, as well. Yes, this one deals with Universal going first today, but a previous article I saw last night stated that the smaller local parks already have plans with approval to open as early as this weekend (sorry, couldn’t locate that article this morning), and the “big three” will all present plans beginning today. I find this fascinating. Universal is pretty clearly ready to proceed.

Ah, then I found the other article, linked below.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/them...outputType=amp
    Last edited by joelsmom; 05-21-2020, 05:38 AM.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

It will be interesting to see what date Universal is proposing. I found it interesting that Disney doesn't even have a date set to present their plans. I am glad that they seem to be taking a really conservative approach to this.
    11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Originally posted by Pris View Post
      It will be interesting to see what date Universal is proposing. I found it interesting that Disney doesn't even have a date set to present their plans. I am glad that they seem to be taking a really conservative approach to this.
      I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad to see Disney taking a conservative approach. Mind you, I wouldn't expect anything less from Disney.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Pris View Post
        I had the same thought, too. I prefer the more conservative approach for Disney World. Hopefully, all will go well for Universal, but it might also give some more information to Disney on what to do or not to do.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I saw Universal is proposing a June 5th opening for the public with AP holder and cast member previews a few days before. I also saw Disney is canceling reservations through the middle of June. I think Disney is fine with seeing how things go when Universal opens.

One other thing with Disney is that they have four parks, many hotels, transportation (monorail, bus, boat, Skyliner) to figure out. Just thinking about the logistics of everything Disney has to figure out makes my head hurt. I’ve never been to Universal, but I’m pretty sure Disney has a lot more to figure out, which may be another reason they will be opening later than Universal.
          Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

I truly believe, and posted on FB several hours ago, that Disney is going to observe what happens at Universal before finalizing their plans. As mentioned they are much larger and have a lot more to organize than any of the other parks. In addition they are thinking ahead to all the other Disney parks around the world as well.

EDITED to add: It looks like I was wrong, as it was just announced that Disney will submit their plans and date sometime next week.
            https://allears.net/2020/05/21/news-...yJExBTMJgCKscQ
            Last edited by Pris; 05-21-2020, 06:22 PM.
            11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

This doesn’t surprise me. Disney has pretty consistently been a week behind Universal as things have begun to move forward. Announcements are coming a week later. Disney Springs opened a week after City Walk. Their reopening of resorts and theme parks will be more than a week later, though. We already know Disney has cancelled reservations through June 13. They won’t reopen before the 14th, but and I’m just spitballing here, probably a week or two longer. As mentioned, Disney’s logistics are more complex. I’m going to predict, which naturally means I will inevitably be wrong. I’m saying June 21. Anyone else care to make a useless prediction?
              Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post
                I saw Universal is proposing a June 5th opening for the public with AP holder and cast member previews a few days before. I also saw Disney is canceling reservations through the middle of June. I think Disney is fine with seeing how things go when Universal opens.

One other thing with Disney is that they have four parks, many hotels, transportation (monorail, bus, boat, Skyliner) to figure out. Just thinking about the logistics of everything Disney has to figure out makes my head hurt. I’ve never been to Universal, but I’m pretty sure Disney has a lot more to figure out, which may be another reason they will be opening later than Universal.
                I think you're right. Disney will be quite happy to see what Universal do and how it goes. The more experience others have (and I'm counting Shanghai Disneyland here too), the more they can use the data for their re-opening plans. This is something where I'm sure Disney is happy not to go first... for once.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post
                  This doesn’t surprise me. Disney has pretty consistently been a week behind Universal as things have begun to move forward. Announcements are coming a week later. Disney Springs opened a week after City Walk. Their reopening of resorts and theme parks will be more than a week later, though. We already know Disney has cancelled reservations through June 13. They won’t reopen before the 14th, but and I’m just spitballing here, probably a week or two longer. As mentioned, Disney’s logistics are more complex. I’m going to predict, which naturally means I will inevitably be wrong. I’m saying June 21. Anyone else care to make a useless prediction?
                  I was thinking somewhere around there. The fact they're cancelling reservations until 13 June puts it back immediately. I wonder whether maybe they'll do something like a "soft opening" and whether it will be all parks or just one or two as well. I remember reading somewhere that Animal Kingdom could go first, as a lot of the Cast Members are still working, looking after the animals, then Magic Kingdom and Epcot would be last, as all the international college program students have gone home. How they're going to staff World Showcase will be interesting, but I guess if they have limited attendance, they may be able to deploy from elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X