Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Springs Hits Capacity with Reopening of Disney Owned Stores

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney Springs Hits Capacity with Reopening of Disney Owned Stores

    Here is a link for article about it.

    https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/disne...rlWSuA39aw9ZF4

    Luke also told me there is a 3 hour wait to get into World of Disney, but it has been set up as a virtual queue, so guests can visit other places and return when they get a text.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

  • #2
    Wow, that is crazy and perhaps a sad sign of things to come as we go forward. I must admit all these lengthy waits (albeit with virtual queues) are really concerning me, given my chronic fatigue. I feel like I'll need to plan going to the shops when they all re-open over here on 15 June like a military operation and aim to get there first thing (just like a Disney vacation!) to avoid any wait times.

    Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm not surprised. I suspect it will die down a bit after a few days. No store, Disney or otherwise, is worth that kind of wait to get into, IMO.
      11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chezp View Post
        Wow, that is crazy and perhaps a sad sign of things to come as we go forward. I must admit all these lengthy waits (albeit with virtual queues) are really concerning me, given my chronic fatigue. I feel like I'll need to plan going to the shops when they all re-open over here on 15 June like a military operation and aim to get there first thing (just like a Disney vacation!) to avoid any wait times.
        I've found that if I go to stores very early in the morning, there are no lines and usually very few people. Of course, the stores I'm going to never shut down as they were deemed essential. Nevertheless, I would certainly wait until they have been open for a week or so before even trying to go.
        11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

        Comment


        • allgiggles
          allgiggles commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree. First thing in the morning is the best time to go. This morning I was one of about 10 people who were at our Walmart when it opened at 7:00 a.m. (got some disinfecting wipes!!!). I then left there and got to our grocery store by 7:30 a.m. and was one of about 6-8 people in the store. I saw one other shopper in the produce area and then did not see another shopper in the next 4 aisles I went down. I never thought I'd be setting an alarm to get up and go to the grocery store early in the morning but here I am doing it on a weekly basis!

        • Cam22
          Cam22 commented
          Editing a comment
          You all are making me think we might need to get to stores earlier in the day.

      • #5
        Originally posted by Pris View Post

        I've found that if I go to stores very early in the morning, there are no lines and usually very few people. Of course, the stores I'm going to never shut down as they were deemed essential. Nevertheless, I would certainly wait until they have been open for a week or so before even trying to go.
        I hear you on that. I think I made a mistake going to our local garden centre three days after they were able to re-open. I got there about 20 minutes after opening and had to wait another 20 minutes to get in. That was hard work for me.

        Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
          Here is a link for article about it.

          https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/disne...rlWSuA39aw9ZF4

          Luke also told me there is a 3 hour wait to get into World of Disney, but it has been set up as a virtual queue, so guests can visit other places and return when they get a text.
          I saw a post on a DCP Parent FB page that someone's daughter (a full-time CM) wanted to go visit the WOD store this morning to visit a few fellow CMs and when she got there (sometime before 10:30 a.m.) there was a 6-hour wait. The line apparently stretched all the way to Rainforest Cafe. She decided to try again another day. She was expecting to have to wait in line to get in the store but was thinking it would be 30-60 minutes...not 6 hours. I don't know who/what indicated it would be a 6-hour wait so that may or may not be accurate. But she posted a picture of the line, so I know that was accurate. Crazy.
          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

          Comment


          • Cam22
            Cam22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Eek! 6 hours would definitely not be worth it for me. I'll shop online.

        • #7
          Originally posted by allgiggles View Post

          I saw a post on a DCP Parent FB page that someone's daughter (a full-time CM) wanted to go visit the WOD store this morning to visit a few fellow CMs and when she got there (sometime before 10:30 a.m.) there was a 6-hour wait. The line apparently stretched all the way to Rainforest Cafe. She decided to try again another day. She was expecting to have to wait in line to get in the store but was thinking it would be 30-60 minutes...not 6 hours. I don't know who/what indicated it would be a 6-hour wait so that may or may not be accurate. But she posted a picture of the line, so I know that was accurate. Crazy.
          Wow, that is nuts!

          Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

          Comment


          • #8
            Now, if it were MouseGear reopening, I could maybe understand a wait of that magnitude.

            WOD has some very nice stuff, but someone needs to tell those waiting in line it's not THAT fabulous.
            “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

            WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

            Comment


            • #9
              It was totally insane today. People had bags... the large ones filled with merchandise. I ended up with w medium bag with caramel corn, gummies and chip and dale pretzels... lol
              Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

              Comment


              • #10
                Originally posted by chezp View Post
                Wow, that is crazy and perhaps a sad sign of things to come as we go forward. I must admit all these lengthy waits (albeit with virtual queues) are really concerning me, given my chronic fatigue. I feel like I'll need to plan going to the shops when they all re-open over here on 15 June like a military operation and aim to get there first thing (just like a Disney vacation!) to avoid any wait times.
                The virtual queues at least allow you to do other things or even sit and people watch. I wouldn't be able to stand three hours on my arthritic knees, so I'm guessing there will be some new planning in my future.
                Cam
                27 Trips to WDW
                2 Trips to DLR
                2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

                Comment


                • #11
                  Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
                  Now, if it were MouseGear reopening, I could maybe understand a wait of that magnitude.

                  WOD has some very nice stuff, but someone needs to tell those waiting in line it's not THAT fabulous.
                  I love Mouse Gear and prefer it over World of Disney.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

                  Comment


                  • #12
                    Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post
                    It was totally insane today. People had bags... the large ones filled with merchandise. I ended up with w medium bag with caramel Sounds corn, gummies and chip and dale pretzels... lol
                    Sounds like some folks needed a big Disney fix. Hopefully, all this helps the economy.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

                    Comment


                    • #13
                      Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
                      Now, if it were MouseGear reopening, I could maybe understand a wait of that magnitude.

                      WOD has some very nice stuff, but someone needs to tell those waiting in line it's not THAT fabulous.
                      And just think of the capacity (even with social distancing) you have inside World of Disney, it's such a huge place. That's the bit that really scares me! The number of people wanting to get in there must have been absolutely insane....

                      Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

                      Comment


                      • #14
                        Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post
                        It was totally insane today. People had bags... the large ones filled with merchandise. I ended up with w medium bag with caramel corn, gummies and chip and dale pretzels... lol
                        Wow, well at least Disney started to make some money again with the re-opening!

                        Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

                        Comment


                        • #15
                          That's crazy. I'm not about to wait in line just to do shopping.
                          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X