Why is everyone saying....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone saying....?

That Disney should rethink opening but yet I've yet to hear "Universal, Sea World and Busch Gardens should rethink the decision they made?" Is it just that Disney is larger and therefor a larger target or is everyone under the assumption that Disney alone will add to cases and not the other parks? Or is it that since those other parks are already open, just let them do whatever?

I honestly think that since the other parks have all been allowed to open, that Disney should be given the chance to do so as well. I think Disney will do more than the other parks for telling people to wear masks. A Vlogger I watch has been to the other three parks where plenty of people have not been wearing masks and he hasn't observed anyone being told TO wear them. And that's not to mention - and I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of haters for this but it is the truth - IF YOU DON'T FEEL SAFE GOING, THEN DON'T. Just because Disney chooses to open does not mean people have to go there and if people choose to go, then they accept the risks involved. I think people should stop bashing Disney for going through on their plans when 3 other parks - to my knowledge (I think Legoland and Fun Spot have opened too but not sure) - have already done just that.
    Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Okay, you asked...

New cases in Florida went from 3000 on Monday to 9585 today with a percent-positive of 18.53%. Hospitalizations and deaths are increasing. Those along with that high a percent-positive shows that there is nearly uncontrolled spread.

Federal guidelines are that a region must maintain a 5% or lower percent-positive for 14 days before moving on to the next reopening level. Florida's is nearly 20%, verging on catastrophic! Florida ignored the guidelines and opened businesses and salons well before the guidelines specified that it was at all wise to do so.

Florida is one of the states cited by the European Union as its reason for imposing a ban on American travelers to EU countries.

NO amusement park in Florida should have reopened yet. As soon as Universal management observed people ignoring the mask and distancing requirements, they would have been much smarter to have closed immediately for the rest of that day, announcing repeatedly why they were doing so. Maybe then people would start to get that this disease will spread like wildfire unless we behave responsibly--wearing masks and distancing. (ETA #1: Not that I think Universal would actually do that. They want to recover their losses like everybody else. The point is something has to get people to quit acting like babies and behave responsibly.)

Sadly, the many people disregarding mask wearing and distancing will infect and kill numerous others. People appear not to understand that we have no tools against this disease but masks, distancing and hand washing to control its spread.

We are in just as dire straits as people were in 1918. Ignoring that fact will be a death sentence for many more thousands of Americans.

ETA #2: FL percent-positive daily here: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/lo...ovid-19-tests/

Totals reported today, June 27--
    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla.June 26, 2020

The state of Florida saw a 18.53% daily positive rate for coronavirus on Friday.

The rate on Thursday was 9.55%.
    Last edited by Her Dotness; 06-27-2020, 04:29 PM.
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

I'll jump in here as well.

This is not directed at anyone personally, just a pet peeve of mine. If the rule at Disney or ANYWHERE is that you *must* wear a mask to enter the facility, then those businesses should be enforcing that rule. I have yet to see any store manager/owner around here enforce the rule (that they have posted all over their store). But in the past, I have seen those same managers tell someone to leave the store if they don't have shoes on or aren't wearing a shirt (or the infamous, just have the shirt hanging around their neck). And if someone isn't comfortable being out because other people aren't wearing masks, they shouldn't be punished by having to stay home to protect themselves because *others* are breaking the rules. The rule followers get the benefits of being able to go out in public again without worrying. If people don't want to wear a mask then *they* should stay home -- *they're* the rule breakers (kind of like being in elementary school. The kids who broke the rules didn't get to go out for recess. Their "victims" didn't have to sit at their desk while the rule-breaker got to go out to recess.). I'm not necessarily afraid of catching the virus (though I do worry about catching it and passing it on to others because I'm asymptomatic.) my concern is the spread of the virus in general. How many thousands of people are going to die because people are too selfish to wear masks??? Like Dot pointed out, the percentage of positive cases and more importantly, hospitalizations, have risen dramatically in FL as well as several other states -- all places that returned to socializing way too early and not enforcing the mask rule. I would have no problem with people not wearing masks if the purpose of the mask was to protect the wearer, but it's not. Someone not wearing a mask is barely increasing their chance of catching the virus. They are, however, exponentially increasing everyone else's chances of catching it. Not wearing a mask isn't being brave, it's being selfish and arrogant. Wearing a mask is not infringing on our freedom. Freedom doesn't mean doing whatever we feel like doing. There are rules and laws in place that we follow every single day of our lives yet don't complain about them. No one is being asked to lug around a 50lb. ball & chain. They're being asked to put a piece of fabric over their mouth and nose. If a mask is restricting your breathing, try a different mask. Thousands of medical professionals and other occupations have worn masks for 10-12 hours a day for years and years and years. They don't pass out and they don't fall over dead because they wear a mask (and many of them have respiratory issues but still manage to wear their masks!!!!). If people weren't contagious until they started showing symptoms, my feelings would be different (assuming people stayed home if they had symptoms -- but they won't). But since we can all be asymptomatic carriers, we should all be wearing masks...until there is a treatment or until we can all test ourselves frequently with instant results. Of course, that assumes people who would get a positive test result would actually stay home...but they won't ("I don't have any symptoms, I feel fine, so I'm going out. And I'm not wearing a mask.") I don't remember what website my husband showed me last night but it showed the spread of this virus compared to various things like measles, mumps, chicken pox, ebola, rotavirus, and the flu. In February, this virus was spreading slowly and was more like the flu and some other common viruses. As of May, it was spreading more along the lines of measles and mumps prior to there being a vaccine for those things. That's scary. And that was before the cases in all of those states started spiking again. And the amount of people who claim they can't wear a mask due to a medical condition is out of control. The number of people who *truly* can't should be very small. And most of the people who truly can't wear a mask also know that they'd end up in the hospital on a ventilator if they contracted the virus so they stay home anyway. Vent over....

As far as Disney opening...I'm on the fence but leaning more towards them delaying the opening...unless they're actually going to enforce the mask wearing rule. I think the reason that Disney is getting so much attention is because all the other parks are already open. Frankly, I think the other parks that are already open are part of the problem -- they opened way too soon and aren't enforcing their own rules. I know they need to make money and their employees need to work to pay the bills. I get it. But what's going to happen when the employees start to get sick because of the non-mask wearers (and the people who walk around with food/drinks constantly so they don't have to wear a mask) and then there is no one to work at the parks (and other businesses)?? Guess what, they'll have to shut down or significantly reduce their already reduced hours. It would be a PR and logistical nightmare for Disney to delay their opening but it will be an even bigger one for all the parks if they have to shut down again a few weeks after they open. I would not want to be working at a theme/amusement park (or grocery store for that matter) right now and I'm glad my daughter is 99% sure she's not going to do the DCP in Fall even if it's not cancelled (which we're fully expecting it to be).
      WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

To answer Darlene's post, I am not understanding why Disney has to be delayed on their opening. They have been closed since March and I understand that they need to start making money again. I don't understand how Universal, Legoland, and Sea World all opened way before Disney. I think they were bit hasty to think all was okay. It doesn't help that Florida opened way too soon either, like beaches & restaurants & bars . What is wrong with doing a gradual phase, like my state of Pennsylvania! I was just saying tonight to my son, that the Governor of Pa should get some kudos by opening in phases. granted there are going to be rises of cases of the Covid-19, but certainly not like Florida.

I want Disney to open and yeah I plan on still going on my September trip, even with all the modifications that will be in place when I go. To be perfectly honest I HATE wearing a mask, especially outside. I still don't understand why we have to wear one outside if people are more than 6 feet away from me. The air is not contaminated. But it is really hard to wear one outside in the heat as I found out today when I was at Home Depot today. Plus I know I will have to wear one being in Disney, but I will manage. I will do the right thing. But there will be times where I have to pull it down to get some real air at times.

So I worked for a local grocery store from March 25th to June 6th- it was a temp job and I saw it all. Customers complaining about the arrows, one way in & one way out, and who isn't wearing their mask the right way, who isn't standing 6 feet away from that person, and yeah I had customers complaining how Florida was "all open" and PA was not. I have seen customers fighting and saying nasty comments to my supervisors. I had an older man who I asked to move behind the yellow line, so the customer in front of him could finish paying- and he wouldn't budge. I even had a customer tell me I should be wearing a mask, but this was before they were mandated. I had a customer who was a doctor, who told me that he did research and that masks do not work. Then I had a nurse as a customer, who told me the same thing. I wear a mask because is still mandated here in PA. But being here in PA and living here and seeing what I am seeing here in my little town; no one here understands social distance.

So....I think most people just think that the pandemic is over and Life begins again! I don't understand why they don't get it....

And I am betting that Disney will be enforcing the Mask wearing in their parks. They enforce everything else!
        Last edited by lovewdw2; 06-27-2020, 05:48 PM.
        Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

My personal view is that it would seem sensible to me to delay the re-opening of Disney World in the same way as Disneyland. However, if that happens, I personally think all the other theme parks that are already open should close as well. Over here, we'd call it rolling back the re-openings and that's already been threatened numerous times by the government if cases spike after our next big opening on 4 July - our independence day now!

I'm not familiar with the various phases of re-opening in the States and the requirements for those, as we've tended to focus on our own coronavirus issues over here (of which there have been many). From the figures and reports on the news here (you know it's getting bad when we start reporting on what's going on in another country), it seems to me that cases are rapidly accelerating in some states, including Florida. That's why, if I was in charge, I'd put an immediate reversal in place to try and get the number of cases back down. I understand from this morning's news that some form of reversal has been put in place, but it doesn't seem to apply to theme parks.

Over here, they keep talking about "following the science" and, while I'm no scientist, it does seem very coincidental that the spike in cases has come after re-opening many businesses. I just did some calculations and, at the peak of the outbreak here in April, we were seeing 6,000 new cases a day, albeit we're doing way more testing now. Florida has a third of our population, so at the moment, their numbers would add up to around 30,000 new cases a day for us. That really has brought it home to me how bad things are there.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Kate remarks:
            I still don't understand why we have to wear one outside if people are more than 6 feet away from me. The air is not contaminated.
            Medically speaking, you're quite right, Kate, according to what I've been hearing/reading from health experts. You don't need a mask outside as long as you can keep more than 6 ft. distant from others. You don't need a mask when walking past someone. Air currents and the simple physics of your moving along will keep more than a very few viruses from landing on you, nowhere near enough to make you sick if they happened to land on eyes, nose or mouth. Someone you pass would have to cough or sneeze right at or near your face for you to be at much risk. Pretty unlikely, as rude as that would be.

Unless your governor has ordered mask wearing everywhere outside your home, you needn't wear one outdoors if you can easily keep your distance from those you encounter.

Disney is probably trying to impose mask wearing everywhere except if eating or drinking to get most people to wear one at all.

Remains to be seen how strictly Disney will enforce that. Official info I've seen says CMs will "remind" guests to put on a mask. That would be consistent with Disney's general do-nothing policy in the past unless guest behavior clearly threatens immediate harm or is illegal.

We'll see if WDW proves like other FL parks with people largely ignoring the "requirement" to mask and distance, I'm guessing. Assuming they proceed with the reopening, that is.
            Last edited by Her Dotness; 06-28-2020, 03:06 AM.
            “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
              I'm not familiar with the various phases of re-opening in the States and the requirements for those, as we've tended to focus on our own coronavirus issues over here (of which there have been many). From the figures and reports on the news here (you know it's getting bad when we start reporting on what's going on in another country), it seems to me that cases are rapidly accelerating in some states, including Florida.
              The problem in this country is that there's been no federal government strategy outlined for the country as a whole. He Who Shall Not Be Named is primarily responsible for that.

The guidelines put forth by the White House public health experts, Drs. Anthony Fauci and Deborah Birx, would have very likely enabled us to do as Germany is doing--reopen very gradually, easily managing any spikes.

Except, no state followed them. Most have pretty much ignored them, in fact. Politics.

Over here, they keep talking about "following the science" and, while I'm no scientist, it does seem very coincidental that the spike in cases has come after re-opening many businesses. I just did some calculations and, at the peak of the outbreak here in April, we were seeing 6,000 new cases a day, albeit we're doing way more testing now. Florida has a third of our population, so at the moment, their numbers would add up to around 30,000 new cases a day for us. That really has brought it home to me how bad things are there.
              It's very serious in Florida, Texas, Arizona and California not only due to businesses opening much too soon but to people mobbing those that opened along with crowding beaches and parks.

Perhaps, like Australia, America suffers still from so many of our earliest settlers having been Europe's rejects. We tend to have a renegade attitude, of "Not gonna, and you can't make me."

Comment

Dot is quite right about a number of things in her contributions to this thread. For the purpose of answering the original question, the issues are, I believe, two. First, individual states are being allowed to issue their own guidelines for phased reopening. In many, many cases, decisions then trickle down to local governments. For instance, here in Tennessee, I live in a county and work in a city that lies within that county. Those are two separate governments, and because their populations are higher than outlying areas, the governor has declared that they may each, yes individually, set different guidelines for phased reopening. Our two mayors, county and city, are attempting to cooperate on one plan, but they don’t really see eye to eye, so sometimes we get different guidelines for the city than we have for the county. Additionally, individual businesses can opt to remain in a more restrictive phase, even though guidelines might allow them to open up more. So, you get the idea? We have a hodgepodge of guidelines, state, and two local, and some choice for local business. To the untrained eye, such as mine, it’s a mess. From what I have gathered from local Orlando news sources, it’s much the same in Florida, just on a larger scale, because they have a larger population.

Now, a big issue during this crisis is this whole idea of issuing guidelines, as opposed to mandates. The pandemic has shone a light on the cracks that can open up in the structure of the U.S. government. Under the Constitution, many powers belong to the states, others to the national government. Historically, we have relied on the strength of our leaders to protect and comfort us in times of crisis. Currently, depending upon your region of the country, your leadership (at all levels) might not be that comfort that so many of us need and desire. I find that we are of two minds in the U.S. these days. We have the generally cautious approach, and we have the throw caution to the wind approach. We don’t have much in-between. During a real crisis, people need more than guidelines, which are basically just suggestions. We need rules. Individual choice is the enemy in the midst of a pandemic. The health and safety of citizens SHOULD be priority #1. A quick example...Yesterday, as I worked my part-time job, I counted customers with and without masks for about 30 minutes. I noted about 115 people pass through my area of the store. Eight of them wore masks. That’s a reflection of masks being a choice.

Back to Disney, et al in central Florida. The state and local governments have issued pretty clear requirements for theme parks reopening, but enforcement is key. Under the rules, Walt Disney World has every bit as much right to reopen as the others, but they have taken a slower approach. What we have here is INDIVIDUAL leaders (perhaps teams of decision makers, but you get it) at each theme park making decisions. Then it’s to the workers in the parks, etc. to enforce. For your typical CM in a gift shop at Disney, that’s a lot of pressure. Or, you rely on your patrons to simply comply. At this moment, you should refer back to the end of the previous paragraph. There is, dare I say, too much room for personal choice. I believe I used the word mess earlier. Currently, Disney has every right to reopen. Currently, there is nothing to stop them except them. Ultimately, we all as individuals have to decide when we are ready to return. Darlene, it’s complicated. Federal government, state government, local government, businesses, and individual citizens...it’s complicated. I hope I haven’t muddied the waters.
                Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

• allgiggles
                  allgiggles commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Excellent explanation and I agree with everything you said.

• revral
                  revral commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the refresher on U.S government, Susan. And well done.

• Cam22
                  Cam22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bravo, Susan!

allgiggles remarked:
                And if someone isn't comfortable being out because other people aren't wearing masks, they shouldn't be punished by having to stay home to protect themselves because *others* are breaking the rules. The rule followers get the benefits of being able to go out in public again without worrying. If people don't want to wear a mask then *they* should stay home -- *they're* the rule breakers (kind of like being in elementary school. The kids who broke the rules didn't get to go out for recess. Their "victims" didn't have to sit at their desk while the rule-breaker got to go out to recess.).
                A comparison we can all relate to and quite an apt one besides. Yeah, no fair.

Another factor feeding the behavior of the mask-refusers, I believe, is a philosophical one which trickled down from when I was a teenager in the Sixties. That would be the potentially destructive philosophies, "Do your own thing" and "If it feels good, do it."

I suspect that those fueled the Me First Generation as the Millennials are often labeled--the characteristics being self-centered, brash, assertive and entitled.

I've heard plenty of parents of my generation muse that they didn't do as good a job as our parents and grandparents did instilling core values like responsibility and concern for how one's behavior affects others.

American society really has abandoned many of the qualities of the Greatest Generation, I feel. Most notably, their acceptance of duty, courtesy, and responsibility for the good of all.

Comment

It has nothing to do with parks being open. People are tired of being isolated and cooped up. When they go out they “ forget “ to social distance. I’ve seen it first hand at Volcano Bay. I work the escalators and have to distance people from each other.

Masks are another thing. I hate wearing it in the Florida heat and humidity. The heat index is well over 100. Yet, I protect others and myself. I still don’t get together with friends. I’ve turned my neighbor down when he needed a ride. I don’t know who he’s been exposed to. At work my encounters with the public are brief. Back stage we all social distance. When I see people not social distancing I let security know and then someone comes to help with that. IMO, it’s the mentality of everyone being over COVID-19. It’s still out there and the more people disregard social distancing and not wearing masks it’s only going to increase and get worse.
                  Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

• Cam22
                    Cam22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are absolutely right! I do hope folks wake up before we are all shut down again.

• allgiggles
                    allgiggles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I completely agree. If people don't start to *remember* to wear masks and social distance, we're going to end up right back where we were a few months ago. I understand people sometimes forget to keep their distance while in a busy place (like an amusement park or grocery store). I'm guilty of accidentally getting too close to people some times but I always have a mask on and quickly correct the distance situation. There is no excuse for the large parties, gatherings on the beaches and parks, etc. Our area of the state just had restrictions lifted last Friday. I've seen numerous large picnics/parties happening in people's back yards since that happened...including one I just passed while running an errand. Our household and family are still choosing to keep our social circle very small and consistent. We don't go out unless we need to or if we feel the situation is relatively safe (like when I start working out with my trainer again next week -- it will be me and her in the building. She will sanitize everything between clients as well as doing her best to air out the studio.). We are not even close to being comfortable eating inside a restaurant. And I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted (with TONS of restrictions at the salon -- and I'll be the only client there) because I'm pretty sure we're going to end up losing some privileges in the next few weeks as hospitalizations and deaths start to rise again and my hair is out of control.
                    Last edited by allgiggles; 06-30-2020, 08:02 AM.

• Her Dotness
                    Her Dotness commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm glad to hear that Universal backs up its workers, not requiring them to be the "bad cops." I'm really glad to see you say you're being so cautious. Wish more people would do that.

As for this, "If people don't start to *remember* to wear masks and social distance, we're going to end up right back where we were a few months ago." Sad to say, we already are and then some. About a week ago, national numbers were as high as in April and heading higher.

With the numbers rising in Florida I can understand why people are asking Disney to delay opening. I know that the Actor's Equity Union is not allowing it's members to work at this time and Disney does have some Equity performers. This virus isn't like the common cold; to some it's deadly and we don't know who may react badly to it. I know it's not easy to stay home and socially distance oneself from others. Humans naturally want to gather and we need each other's company. But, if you are considerate of others, you will do your best to control yourself.

I wish that we, as a country, had taken drastic action when this first started. I wish we were all forced to stay home and away from others. But that didn't happen. Some states were more stringent than others with their restrictions. It reminds me of when I was little and got Scarlet Fever. My whole family was confined to our home with notices placed on our doors. My Dad had to stay home from work and we were not allowed to leave the home for fear we would spread the disease. Police checked on us every day. Two weeks later, the signs were removed and we could leave our house. No one in my class or at my DDad's place of work were infected. We had successfully contained the disease. Why, were we treated this way in 1968, but in 2020 we are all allowed to spread a deadly virus?

Anyway, I don't think I'm comfortable traveling to WDW until this virus is under control. As it is, I often come home sick from WDW with a cold or virus. I'm sure it's my fault for touching the wrong things or not washing my hands enough, but I'm not willing to risk it this time.

If other people also feel that waiting is the better course of action, Disney will lose more money if they open and not enough people come to the parks. And the public relations nightmare of cast members getting sick and dieing, would be bad for everyone.

I think they should delay for now, but it's not my call.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post
                    It has nothing to do with parks being open. People are tired of being isolated and cooped up. When they go out they “ forget “ to social distance. I’ve seen it first hand at Volcano Bay. I work the escalators and have to distance people from each other.

Masks are another thing. I hate wearing it in the Florida heat and humidity. The heat index is well over 100. Yet, I protect others and myself. I still don’t get together with friends. I’ve turned my neighbor down when he needed a ride. I don’t know who he’s been exposed to. At work my encounters with the public are brief. Back stage we all social distance. When I see people not social distancing I let security know and then someone comes to help with that. IMO, it’s the mentality of everyone being over COVID-19. It’s still out there and the more people disregard social distancing and not wearing masks it’s only going to increase and get worse.
                    Thanks for posting this. I think this is a worldwide problem. You are so right about people being tired of being isolated and cooped up. Over here, we had the chaotic scenes on the beach last week when we had the hottest day of the year so far and, although nowhere near as bad, there was often little social distancing when non-essential shops re-opened and I have no doubt it will be the same story when pubs re-open on Saturday. We also saw it at the weekend when we went to a local zoo around some of the most popular animals. People forget so easily and, yet you're spot on, sadly this horrible virus has not gone away and it will get worse if people fail to social distance.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by JoanneS View Post
                      It reminds me of when I was little and got Scarlet Fever. My whole family was confined to our home with notices placed on our doors. My Dad had to stay home from work and we were not allowed to leave the home for fear we would spread the disease. Police checked on us every day. Two weeks later, the signs were removed and we could leave our house. No one in my class or at my DDad's place of work were infected. We had successfully contained the disease. Why, were we treated this way in 1968, but in 2020 we are all allowed to spread a deadly virus?
                      Oh my goodness, thank you so much for sharing that experience. Wow, I can't begin to imagine what that was like for you. I thought you might also be interested to know the national news over here did a feature with someone in a very similar situation to you all those years ago and it was fascinating to listen to her and her experiences with lockdown, as we now call it. Of course, back then, there was no such word for it.

Comment

Back then, your whole family was in quarantine, serious business, and public health departments were equally serious about enforcing it.

I'd get much too political discussing this further.

If you're curious about how different it might have been for the U.S., compare us with South Korea's Covid management--like night and day.

Comment

My take--
                          It's not right for the Cast Members to put their lives in danger if conditions are bad enough that Florida is moving back to more stringent protocols.
                          It was probably not right for Universal or Busch to open up yet either.
                          The general public is not taking precautions seriously enough yet.

Comment

Working...
                          X