Clear All

• Favorite resorts, ones you haven't stayed yet, and ones you won't return

Favorites:
    POFQ/POR
    Boardwalk
    Beach Club
    Caribbean Beach
    Pop Century- I liked not sharing the buses
    All Star- Music- recently stayed there and forgot how nice it is to stay there.

New Resorts:
    Polynesian- even though I stayed there when I was a little kid- not the same lol
    Yacht Club
    Contemporary- MK view

Never again:
    I don't think I have any....

What are yours?

Thank you for Participating!

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn, 2018 All Star Music with the Heidke Family!

We have only stayed at All Star Music and POR, so those would have to be my favorites as we enjoyed both of them. I would love to stay at Animal Kingdom and Grand Floridian.
    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I tend to stay at values and my preferred value is All Star Music. I'm in no hurry to return to Port Orleans Riverside because when I stayed there the lighting at night was practically nonexistant and due to the landscaping blocking your view and no directional signs I spent the vast majority of the time I was there and not in my room getting lost. In fact I got so lost on my departure day that I ended up having to ask a cm how to get to the main building. For some unknown reason I really want to stay at Caribbean Beach but probably never will as I just can't justify the cost.

Comment

Favorites I've stayed at:
        POR
        Yacht Club
        AKV-Kidani
        Beach Club

Favorites that I'd love to stay someday:
        Grand Floridian
        Poly
        Wilderness Lodge
        Boardwalk

I don't have any that I wouldn't go back, but I have a few that don't interest me at all.
        The Swan
        The Dolphin
        All Stars
        Contemporary
        "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC)

Comment

Favorites: AKL-Jambo house
          Boardwalk
          Wilderness Lodge
          POR
          Someday: Contemporary Tower or BLT
          Yacht Club

I don’t have a never go back, but Saratoga Springs and Swan and Dolphin are probably my least favorites of the hotels I’ve tried. We’re going to try GFV this summer for the first time. Looking forward to that one.

Comment

Favorites;
            AKL both Jambo and Kidani
            WL
            Beach Club
            Poly

Not Stayed at yet:
            Grand Floridian Villas
            Bay Lake Tower
            Riviera

Won't Stay Again:
            We've not disliked anywhere that we've stayed, so I'd be willing to return to any of them.
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Favorites:
              Contemporary
              Poly
              Coronado Springs
              Pop Century

Resorts we haven’t stayed at:
              Grand Floridian
              Wilderness Lodge
              Boardwalk
              Beach Club
              Animal Kingdom Lodge
              POR
              All Stars
              Art of Animation

Resorts I don’t care to stay at again:
              Yacht Club

CINDY

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
              1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
              20 Weeks till WDW!!! Woohoo!!😁

Comment

Our favourites are the Beach Club Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas.

I'd like to stay at the Riviera Resort, as that will be open next time we go and I'd love to spend a couple of days in one of the lakefront cabins at Copper Creek at the Wilderness Lodge.

We've stayed at all the DVC resorts and we honeymooned at Port Orleans. We haven't done any other moderate resorts or ever stayed at a value resort and, having been spoilt over the years by the DVC, we have no desire to do so.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Favorites
                  BoardWalk Villas
                  Polynesian.....Both DVC and regular resort rooms
                  Old Key West

​​​​​New resorts
                  ​​​​​AKL Kidani.....Will be there in August
                  Wilderness Lodge

Resorts I don't care to stay in again
                  My least favorite was the 1 bedroom DVC at Grand Floridian....(I love the regular resort rooms.) It was far from coffee refill and a good walk to monorail boarding.
                  The room was beautiful and our view was of the monorail......not really bad but I like other places better.

​​​​​

Comment

Favorites:

Polynesian
                    Wilderness Lodge

Resorts I haven't stayed at:
                    Old Key West
                    Wilderness Cabins
                    Saratoga Springs

Never again:

Little Mermaid rooms at AOA - much too far to walk from bus stop
                    Port Orleans Riverside - bad experience on last visit there
                    All Star Resorts - too many loud groups

Comment

We almost always stay value, so All-Star Movies is probably our favorite, but all of the All-Stars have appeal for us. We just like the fun vibe.

The only resort we HAVE stayed at outside the values is Coronado, and that's my never again. We hated almost everything about it.

Would love to try the other moderates, especially POR and CBR. Oh, also Art of Animation. Joel really wants to stay there next trip.
                      Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

• lovewdw2
                        lovewdw2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What happened with Coronado Springs? I am staying there for this trip coming up, but this will be my 2nd time, and at that time it was with my 2 boys- 2007. We liked it. Was it the theming?

• joelsmom
                        joelsmom commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It was really everything except the room itself, which we very much liked. Room location...boo! Service...boo! Food...boo! Theming...meh! Bus stop rudeness/aggressiveness...major boo! I absolutely could not believe how many things happened to us there that I just felt were unbelievable at WDW. No thanks. I’ll stay off property before I’ll go back to CSR. In a 3 day stay, I made 2 trips to the front desk to ask questions and bring up issues. Both conversations were polite, but no one offered solutions or apologies for our myriad issues.

• luvnwdwgal
                        luvnwdwgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I love Coronado Springs! We’ve stayed there several times and have never had any issues with anything. We had awesome room locations, very nice CM’s, and I thought the dining options were fine. I think the best part of Coronado Springs IS the theming. It’s a beautiful resort, especially at night with the lights and music. Looking forward to staying there again someday to see what it’s like with the new renovations.

Favorites:

The All Stars. We've stayed at Music and Sports and would stay at Movies if the other two aren't available for some reason

Would like to stay at (but never will unless I can hit the lottery and actually afford them):

The Contemporary only because I would really love being able to walk to the MK, not because of theming.
                      Animal Kingdom lodge in a Savannah room with a balocny so we could have sliding doors we could open and see the animals

Never again:

Fort Wilderness. It's just gotten way too big and spread out. Back when we stayed there, we could walk to Trails End and the marina and the buses that went to the MK were right there too. You didn't need to go out to the parking lot for them. Granted back then there was no Studios or AK either and I'm fairly certain the only two ways to get to Epcot were monorail or drive so hence no Epcot bus either (that I remember). Now you need to take a bus every where or rent a really expensive golf cart.
                      Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

Favorites;
                        Grand Floridian
                        Polynesian
                        Contemporary

Not Stayed At Yet:
                        Animal Kingdom Lodge
                        Wilderness Lodge
                        Beach Club
                        Riviera
                        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000 & July 2003 Grand Floridian

Comment

We've only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, All Stars Music and the Ft Wilderness. Loved POR. Hated the All Stars.
                          Would never came in a tent at Ft Wilderness. I got bit by sand ticks and was sick for weeks after.

My dream place to stay is Wilderness Lodge.
                          My trips:
                          1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

Favorite resort For Us Hands Down Ft Wilderness. I have been a fan since my first trip in 1988. Stayed in the cabins and it was like having a basic suite in the other resorts. Today with our RV we have our own PRIVATE DVC accommodations that are certified Pet Friendly. Added bonus we have gotten to know a number of our fellow campers that tend to be there when we are so there is that too.
                            While we did stay at AKL one trip and loved the overall feel we hated our room. There was no room to walk around both beds took up all the space except the bathroom patio was small and if we both were out there one of us tended to have to get up and go inside if the other needed a head call or wanted a soda

Comment

Working...
                            X