Getting Up Close with the Rhinos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Up Close with the Rhinos

I just booked the Up Close with Rhinos tour at Animal Kingdom for Wednesday, December 4. There is only one tour per day, and it is at 11:00 AM. I won't get to take any photos on the tour whatsoever, but I should be able to pet a rhino. Not a bad trade off. I am so excited. This tour fills up fast so if any pixies who are going to be there at the same time are interested in joining us, you'll need to call soon. There is a DVC and AP discount of $15 off the $40 tour price. I am so excited!
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Awesome! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I’m hoping to take a similar tour, Caring for Giants (I think that’s what it’s called), on our next trip.
    Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Have fun! That is so exciting.

Comment

Sounds like an exciting tour.
        My trips:
        1975 Honeymoon Ft Wilderness in a tent; 1985 off site; 2002 Port Orleans Riverside and last trip 2016 All Stars Music

Comment

Glad to hear this Cam as I know you were very interested in this tour. Nice discount you got.
          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

• Cam22
            Cam22 commented
            Editing a comment
            You know how much I love to get closer to the animals.

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post

I’m hoping to take a similar tour, Caring for Giants (I think that’s what it’s called), on our next trip.
          I took this tour two years ago and well worth it. Photos are allowed and seeing the elephants up close in a viewing area is amazing. The guides are great and give you lots of great info.
          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post

I took this tour two years ago and well worth it. Photos are allowed and seeing the elephants up close in a viewing area is amazing. The guides are great and give you lots of great info.
            Thanks for sharing your experience! It sounds awesome! I cannot wait. 😊
            Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by disny_luvr View Post

We have taken the Caring for Giants twice now. It is awesome! Hope you enjoy it! Dave reminded me that you can take photos on that one, as many as you like. I'm a little sad that at no point can I take a rhino photo. But I'm not too sad.
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

We have taken the Caring for Giants twice now. It is awesome! Hope you enjoy it! Dave reminded me that you can take photos on that one, as many as you like. I'm a little sad that at no point can I take a rhino photo. But I'm not too sad.
                That’s disappointing that you can’t take pictures, but you’ll make memories that will last forever. Enjoy!
                Louise

Comment

I just booked the Up Close with Rhinos tour at Animal Kingdom for Wednesday, December 4. There is only one tour per day, and it is at 11:00 AM. I won't get to take any photos on the tour whatsoever, but I should be able to pet a rhino. Not a bad trade off. I am so excited. This tour fills up fast so if any pixies who are going to be there at the same time are interested in joining us, you'll need to call soon. There is a DVC and AP discount of $15 off the $40 tour price. I am so excited!
                  I just booked the same tour so we'll get to pet a rhino together.

Comment

How great you're going to be able to enjoy the tour together - can't wait to hear all about it. It's one I want to do on our next WDW visit.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

You are going to enjoy it. We took this tour last month. The white rhinos are absolutely gorgeous! We saw Kiama and her mother Kendi. I could have stayed there all afternoon petting her. I would do the tour again.
                      That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                      WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Ahh, I was hoping to take that one last month, but I didn't realize it filled up so quickly and missed out. I did take the Caring for Giants tour and loved it.
                        12/18-POFQ~4/2018-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post

I just booked the same tour so we'll get to pet a rhino together.
                          Now I'm even more excited about this rhino tour! We're going to have so much fun!
                          Cam
                          27 Trips to WDW
                          2 Trips to DLR
                          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
                            How great you're going to be able to enjoy the tour together - can't wait to hear all about it. It's one I want to do on our next WDW visit.
                            I love these more affordable animal tours at AK. I hope they keep them and even add some, like on to see the giraffes.
                            Cam
                            27 Trips to WDW
                            2 Trips to DLR
                            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                            X