Animation Experience

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation Experience

I am so excited a new version of Animation Academy is coming July 11 in the newly reopened Rafiki's Planet Watch. To keep with the Animal Kingdom theme, the characters drawn will be from Lion King. I really want to draw Simba. Guess I'll be heading by the Wildlife Express back to Rafiki's for some sketching. Here's the article on Disney Parks Blog.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Oh that sounds wonderful - and finally they're doing Fastpasses for something like this as well, so it's not a case of turning up and hoping to get in. I'm all in favour of this and suspect we'll be using a Fastpass or two on our next visit for this...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Very cool. I'd do it but I love the characters too much to subject them to my amazingly bad drawing abilities. I followed a Disney YouTube tutorial of how to draw Chip from Beauty and the Beast and lets just say it was his fifth cousin seven times removed that showed up.

Comment

So happy they added this. We loved doing the Animation Academy in DHS. Thank you for pointing it out.

Comment

Will definitely be doing this on our next trip..
          That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
          WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Oh, that sounds like fun. I used to love to take part in the Animation Academy tutorials. I'm not an artist at all, but they made it possible to come somewhat close and have fun.
            12/18-POFQ~4/2018-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Sounds great. I'm glad to see something new there.

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                Very cool. I'd do it but I love the characters too much to subject them to my amazingly bad drawing abilities. I followed a Disney YouTube tutorial of how to draw Chip from Beauty and the Beast and lets just say it was his fifth cousin seven times removed that showed up.
                Oh my goodness, that's classic! Usually that's how I am with drawing, but I've found that mine have come out Ok with some of the recent Disney drawing classes I've been to on the cruise ships.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
                  Oh that sounds wonderful - and finally they're doing Fastpasses for something like this as well, so it's not a case of turning up and hoping to get in. I'm all in favour of this and suspect we'll be using a Fastpass or two on our next visit for this...
                  I was excited to hear we'd be able to get FastPasses for this, too. I remember long waits when this was at Studios. I'm excited to add this FP to at least one of our AK days.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                    We used to do the Animation Academy at Studios almost every trip as it was a favorite for Stefanie. I've actually been surprised at how well some of mine have been, though they would never make the cut for making me an animator. Luke's are usually very good.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
                      So happy they added this. We loved doing the Animation Academy in DHS. Thank you for pointing it out.
                      I knew that quite a few of us had loved the Animation Academy, so I had to share the good news.
                      Cam
                      27 Trips to WDW
                      2 Trips to DLR
                      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Pris View Post
                        Oh, that sounds like fun. I used to love to take part in the Animation Academy tutorials. I'm not an artist at all, but they made it possible to come somewhat close and have fun.
                        I'm not an artist at all, too, but I'm happy at how my various character drawings have turned out over the years. To be able to do Lion King characters will be so cool!
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                        X