Magic Bands Longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chezp View Post

Thanks for that, that's a really interesting read, especially how the temperature at which your MagicBand is kept at affects its battery life.
    The temperature thing is true of batteries in general not just those in Magicbands.

Comment

Thanks for that, that's a really interesting read, especially how the temperature at which your MagicBand is kept at affects its battery life.
      We keep ours in cool dry drawers when we are home. I don't know how much longer it will preserve them, but we hope it helps.
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

We had so many old Magic Bands that I gave them to DH to destroy cause I felt no need to keep them. It would be nice if you could just replace the battery and use them over and over.
        CINDY

17 DAYS TILL WDW!!!WOOHOO!!!🥳🥳🥳

17 Trips to WDW and counting!
        1st Sister’s Trip-September 8th-14th, 2019!😊
        Granddaughters’ 1st trip-September 20-26, 2020!🥳

Comment

• allgiggles
          allgiggles commented
          Editing a comment
          Just curious...why did you need to destroy them? They don't store any information on them.

• luvnwdwgal
          luvnwdwgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I wasn’t sure about them still retaining info, like our credit card, so felt better just destroying them. Better safe than sorry.

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
        We had so many old Magic Bands that I gave them to DH to destroy cause I felt no need to keep them. It would be nice if you could just replace the battery and use them over and over.
        I have a small plastic bin with all of our single color Magic Bands. I keep trying to think of something creative to do with them. ????
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

I have a small plastic bin with all of our single color Magic Bands. I keep trying to think of something creative to do with them. ????
          I have ours in a Longaberger basket. When that one is full, I'll start filling another one. I have 40+ baskets, so I have plenty of storage space.
          WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King

Comment

I found this article Disney Parks Moms Panel that might be helpful.

Magic Bands
            Thanks Cam and that's good info
            Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
            WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Originally posted by Her Dotness View Post
              Depends on how much you value in-ride photos and videos as I recall.

I remember PP techie WillCAD said the chip will do everything else past two years. It just won’t record the above anymore.

Won’t swear to that but think that’s what he said.

Me, I’d just get a new one. That way you’re reasonably sure, barring possible flaws, it’ll do anything you expect of it.
              Thanks for the info Dot as a bit hit or miss with the MBs and of course matters how much and what you're using them for. I think my best option is to just get a new one.
              Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
              WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post

The temperature thing is true of batteries in general not just those in Magicbands.
                I didn't realise that. I knew extreme heat and extreme cold wasn't good for them, but frankly it's not good for most electrical things, let's be honest!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
                  We've binned so many over the years, as sometimes it's a couple of years in between our trips and Disney always give you new MagicBands whenever you check in. As we often do split stays, we end up with a stupid amount of the things!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Someone must have done something creative with them on Etsy. The stuff I see there is always so imaginative...

Comment

Someone must have done something creative with them on Etsy. The stuff I see there is always so imaginative...
                      I'll have to check Etsy out. I just have so many projects I want to do that that dealing with the old Magic Bands falls to the bottom of the list.
                      Cam
                      27 Trips to WDW
                      2 Trips to DLR
                      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I would really like to see them start using the MBs on the cruise ships!

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post
                          Funny you should say that. We were talking about that last night. We were watching a travel programme and another cruise line appear to be using something similar to MagicBands. We were both saying that surely the new ships must have MagicBands? We're surprised that they've never introduced them on the existing ships, but I guess it would be too much to retrofit them.

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post
                            Now that would be a neat idea. It seems Disney would have already thought of this.
                            Cam
                            27 Trips to WDW
                            2 Trips to DLR
                            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Don't know how creative it is, but you could use them to make a countdown chain.

Comment

Working...
                              X