Magic Bands Longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revral View Post

Don't know how creative it is, but you could use them to make a countdown chain.
    Ooh... that's a neat idea!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Don't know how creative it is, but you could use them to make a countdown chain.
      Right now I am at 149 days on my count down...if I ever have enough MBs to make a countdown chain, I will lose my mind!!! My vacation drawer is not that BIG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post

Right now I am at 149 days on my count down...if I ever have enough MBs to make a countdown chain, I will lose my mind!!! My vacation drawer is not that BIG!!!!
        Hey, I never said it was a good idea or even feasible. I'd be astounded if I had anywhere near 100 magicbands as I've gotten rid of my collection of version one bands. Heck, even if I still had them I'd still have less than 20.

Comment

Friends of mine made small framed collections that included their MBs and the pins that they collected on a given trip.
          Very cute, but it won 't work for me...too many pins!!! LOL!

Comment

Hey, I never said it was a good idea or even feasible. I'd be astounded if I had anywhere near 100 magicbands as I've gotten rid of my collection of version one bands. Heck, even if I still had them I'd still have less than 20.
            I reckon if we still had all ours, we'd probably have well over 50, mainly because we do split stays and Disney always give us a new one every time we check in, which seems like such a waste. On some vacations, we came back with 8 or 10!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Too bad they don't have recycle bins that you could put old bands in if you no longer needed or wanted them at the resorts.
              Not sure how much of the bands is actually recyclable, but I'm sure at least part of them are.

Comment

Too bad they don't have recycle bins that you could put old bands in if you no longer needed or wanted them at the resorts.
                Not sure how much of the bands is actually recyclable, but I'm sure at least part of them are.
                Now there's a good plan. I must admit we always say that, considering Disney talks the talk about being green, they miss a lot of tricks. We can't believe how long it took them to start ditching plastic bags...

Comment

That's actually a very cool idea! 😄
                  Last edited by Cam22; 08-15-2019, 05:33 PM.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

That's a great idea!😄
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Now that made me laugh!
                      Cam
                      27 Trips to WDW
                      2 Trips to DLR
                      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Friends of mine made small framed collections that included their MBs and the pins that they collected on a given trip.
                        Very cute, but it won 't work for me...too many pins!!! LOL!
                        We've actually bought some canvases with the intention of painting them in Disney colors and then attaching some our pins, so maybe we could hang a Magic Band on each canvas, too. I'm liking this idea.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I've been told that if you bring them with you and turn Disney will recycle them for you.All you have to do is hand them off to a cast member which I'd do at check in.

Comment

I've been told that if you bring them with you and turn Disney will recycle them for you.All you have to do is hand them off to a cast member which I'd do at check in.
                            I no idea that they would do this. Good to hear!
                            Cam
                            27 Trips to WDW
                            2 Trips to DLR
                            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Good to hear. Of course, we've binned ours now, but it's useful information for future trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X