Tips for Hollywood Studios FastPasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Hollywood Studios FastPasses

I just finished reading this article of tips for booking FastPasses at Hollywood Studios with the opening of Galaxy's Edge. I'm still not at all happy that all the big ticket rides are now in Tier 1 together. But complaining won't change that, so I'm hoping when the time comes for us to book ours for our December trip, we can still manage to get Toy Story Midway Mania and Tower of Terror. I don't know that I'll even care to ride Slinky Dog Dash since I got so sick on it a year ago October. But I know Luke will want to ride it. I'm really hoping that Disney offers an early entrance event for this park during our stay because I do feel this is one place where that would be worth the cost. Unfortunately, whether a guest like Star Wars or not, this lands opening is going to impact all of us in touring this park.

How Will FastPasses Work in Disney's Hollywood Studios after Star Wars' Galaxy's Edge Opens?
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

I agree totally. I'm not a Star Wars fan, so that makes it easier for me. But I don't think there's any point to a fastpass system where all the good rides are in Tier One.

Comment

Well, that's idiotic. Lately it seems, to me at any rate, that Disney World is determined to become the antithesis of Disney.

Comment

Fortunately I planned a down day for my sister and I, plus I didn’t plan another park on the day we’re doing DAH at MK so I had a couple extra days to play with as far as booking tier 1 rides at DHS. So in addition to our regular day at DHS where I booked TSM, we’ll be running over to ride Slinky Dog and TOT on 2 other separate days. One I scheduled in the morning on our day off and the other is in the evening before we head to MK for our DAH. DHS is never a full park day for me so I didn’t want to have to hang around all day trying to get fastpasses nor am I interested in getting there at 6am with everybody else.
        CINDY

Comment

Originally posted by JoanneS View Post
          I agree totally. I'm not a Star Wars fan, so that makes it easier for me. But I don't think there's any point to a fastpass system where all the good rides are in Tier One.
          The article says that by putting all the good rides in Tier One, guests will be more spread out, but I'm not sure I'm buying that.
          Cam
          27 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
            Well, that's idiotic. Lately it seems, to me at any rate, that Disney World is determined to become the antithesis of Disney.
            I've never like the tiers at any park. It seems to limit guest choices and makes park planning frustrating.
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
              Fortunately I planned a down day for my sister and I, plus I didn’t plan another park on the day we’re doing DAH at MK so I had a couple extra days to play with as far as booking tier 1 rides at DHS. So in addition to our regular day at DHS where I booked TSM, we’ll be running over to ride Slinky Dog and TOT on 2 other separate days. One I scheduled in the morning on our day off and the other is in the evening before we head to MK for our DAH. DHS is never a full park day for me so I didn’t want to have to hang around all day trying to get fastpasses nor am I interested in getting there at 6am with everybody else.
              You did an excellent job of working out those ride FastPasses for Studios!
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
                luvnwdwgal commented
                Editing a comment
                That was the only way to ride all the ones we wanted to without staying in the park all day. I was hoping the Skyliner was going to be open by then to be able to get to DHS easier but we’ll just have to hop the bus.

I am really shocked at just how much is now tier one. I really thought that they'd maybe take out Rock'n'Roller Coaster and/or Tower of Terror with all the others. I was very wrong about that. Part of me is relieved that we can't do a lot of the E-ticket rides, as they just don't agree with us.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Too many attractions in tier one and not much left to choose from for your next two FP+s.
                Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
                  luvnwdwgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s right. That’s why I scheduled our tier 1’s on multiple days cause there’s nothing else we really want to do and I didn’t want to waste the day there trying to schedule and waiting for fastpass times.

Originally posted by chezp View Post
                I am really shocked at just how much is now tier one. I really thought that they'd maybe take out Rock'n'Roller Coaster and/or Tower of Terror with all the others. I was very wrong about that. Part of me is relieved that we can't do a lot of the E-ticket rides, as they just don't agree with us.
                This makes me glad that I've never been one to rely on Fastpasses. Which probably stems from having my start at Disneyland where I've never felt they were necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
                  Tower of Terror has been a Tier 1 for years now, so for me it is frustrating that it is now grouped with every other E-ticket. But we'll figure something out, I hope.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
                    Too many attractions in tier one and not much left to choose from for your next two FP+s.
                    Exactly! Not much that we'll want to FastPass for the 2nd and 3rd choices.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

This makes me glad that I've never been one to rely on Fastpasses. Which probably stems from having my start at Disneyland where I've never felt they were necessary.
                      I know we've gotten very reliant on FastPasses. This will definitely change the planning some.
                      Cam
                      27 Trips to WDW
                      2 Trips to DLR
                      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDave View Post
                        I'd agree with that.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Thankfully neither do we, with my chronic fatigue. Don't get me wrong, I will get whatever I can on Fastpass, as I don't like having to rely on the Disability Access Pass (I never remember the new name of it - I think that's right), but at least I know if I can't get a Fastpass, I can use that instead to alleviate the need to stand. And there are so many Fastpass attractions that neither of us can do due to our health anyway....

Comment

Working...
                          X