Tips for Hollywood Studios FastPasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

Tower of Terror has been a Tier 1 for years now, so for me it is frustrating that it is now grouped with every other E-ticket. But we'll figure something out, I hope.
    That's what I was thinking. I was fully expecting it to be knocked down to tier 2, along with Rock'n'Roller Coaster. I mean honestly, do either really have long waits these days?

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

Exactly! Not much that we'll want to FastPass for the 2nd and 3rd choices.
      I just went to look up the tier 2 Fastpasses for the Studios and had to do a bit of searching... on a bit of a tangent, wouldn't it be nice for the Disney website to just list the attractions with Fastpass and what tier they're in when you search for Fastpass? Never mind, too simple obviously... Anyway the choices now are:

Star Tours
      A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
      Beauty and the Beast
      Voyage of the Little Mermaid
      MuppetVision 3D
      Disney Junior Dance Party
      Fantasmic!
      Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

So essentially they're farming you into shows, given that's what the majority of these are...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
        luvnwdwgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Not a single one of those am I really interested in. I booked an early fastpass for Star Tours but could care less if we go or not. I actually wasn’t even able to get one for Muppets. We’re just going to do TSM, eat at Sci-Fi, and then I also got a fastpass for Indiana Jones cause I thought my sister might enjoy it but I really don’t know if we’ll stick around and wait for it. A lot will depend on how crazy the park is. We go in 20 days.

Originally posted by chezp View Post

I just went to look up the tier 2 Fastpasses for the Studios and had to do a bit of searching... on a bit of a tangent, wouldn't it be nice for the Disney website to just list the attractions with Fastpass and what tier they're in when you search for Fastpass? Never mind, too simple obviously... Anyway the choices now are:

Star Tours
      A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
      Beauty and the Beast
      Voyage of the Little Mermaid
      MuppetVision 3D
      Disney Junior Dance Party
      Fantasmic!
      Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

So essentially they're farming you into shows, given that's what the majority of these are...
      I knew immediately we were being as you say farmed out to the shows. Star Tours is the only one of these that we regularly use a FastPass. I am so disappointed in this tier plan.
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

We haven't been since they added the Toy Story area. So we have a few rides we've never done and with only one FP for a Tier 1 , we're in trouble....not to mention that we are offsite so no EE.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
          We haven't been since they added the Toy Story area. So we have a few rides we've never done and with only one FP for a Tier 1 , we're in trouble....not to mention that we are offsite so no EE.
          That's what Disney are hoping for, isn't it, that they offer so much to guests staying onsite that everyone will do that. Of course, that's not how it works out for various reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
            Wishing you all lots of luck when your FastPass day gets here!
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll be making FPs on Sept 6, 7, and 8. I think our order is AK, MK and DHS. Base tickets this time around.

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
                luvnwdwgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Good luck! Hope you get everything you want. 😊

I read several articles the other day as our FP selection day was Wednesday. I read about some strategies, but honestly, how ridiculous is it that you have to use the word strategy! My girlfriend went over Easter break, and they were able to get so many additional FP after the initial 3 that she has inspired me. Here's my plan: I got 3 am FP for DHS and Epcot. I really only want the tier 1 passes for each park. However, in order to get a 4th FP (or more), I need to "use" the first 3. So I plan to use 1, then when the 3rd FP time comes up, I will try to get a 4th one from tier 1. Unfortunately, I will have to scan my MagicBand at the attraction that I don't want to visit. I hate having to work the system this way, but it's the only way I can ride my favorites without long lines because I am NOT going to the parks at 6 am while on vacation! I am dragging dh as it is.
              WDW trips: 5/00, 4/02, 2/03 - offsite; 1/04 - Contemporary; 2/05 - offsite; 5/06 - BC; 2/07, 2/08, 5/09, 1/10 & 11/10 - offsite; 11/12 - POR; 10/13 - Poly;10/14 - YC; 11/15 - AKL; 11/16 - BC; 5/17 - BW; 11/17 - CBR; 10/18 -BC & AKL

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
                luvnwdwgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m with you about not going to the park at 6am. I can’t imagibe how crazy it’s going to be at that time. We’re not heading in until around 10. It’s ridiculous how you have to plan your DHS day now.

• lovewdw2
                lovewdw2 commented
                Editing a comment
                And I am with the 2 of you too. I am not getting up any earlier just to get to a park. Vacation doesn't say to me to get up early like I am at home going to work. Na Huh!

Thanks Cam, for letting me know because I haven't even thought of fast passes, since I am still stuck on dining. However we will all have Hoppers, so I know for everyone to get fast passes on the Tier 1 rides in DHS, I will have to plan accordingly, as to spreading them out for each day. That stinks! And I really don't like Disney for putting all the Top rides into one Tier- and yes picking out 2 more fast passes of what is left is like "why bother?" Some of those are ones that I wouldn't even consider thinking that a fast pass is needed, like Beauty & The Beast- it is a theater setting.
              Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

Originally posted by lovewdw2 View Post
                Thanks Cam, for letting me know because I haven't even thought of fast passes, since I am still stuck on dining. However we will all have Hoppers, so I know for everyone to get fast passes on the Tier 1 rides in DHS, I will have to plan accordingly, as to spreading them out for each day. That stinks! And I really don't like Disney for putting all the Top rides into one Tier- and yes picking out 2 more fast passes of what is left is like "why bother?" Some of those are ones that I wouldn't even consider thinking that a fast pass is needed, like Beauty & The Beast- it is a theater setting.
                I must admit that's how I feel as well. Given a lot of the tier 2 at the Studios are for shows, it does feel like a bit of a waste.

Comment

Working...
                X