SWGE opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWGE opening

I’ve been seeing photos of the mass of crowds at DHS this morning. It’s crazy! 300 minute ride time at 7am. There’s a lot going on down there right now. Food & Wine has also started. The next few days will definitely be hectic what with a hurricane out there. We have friends that are s scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Unfortunately that’s the same day they are forecasting the hurricane to hit. So glad we don’t get there until the 8th.
    CINDY

Hopefully the hurricane will change direction and not impact the area. Only die-hard SW fans will tough out the 300 minute wait....that certainly would not be me. I would rather indulge in the Food & Wine Festival.
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
      luvnwdwgal commented
      Editing a comment
      We plan on avoiding SWGE completely and we’re definitely looking forward to Food & Wine!😊

I was going to go to AK this morning. Cancelled my plans.

As as for Dorian, it's supposed to arrive Monday morning. I'm hoping it will change direction. If it doesn't, I'll have to evacuate with my daughter, 2 dogs and 4 lizards. I booked a room at studio 6 just in case. They accept dogs.
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
      luvnwdwgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Take care! Still hoping that it turns away!

• BriarRose4
      BriarRose4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good that you planned ahead. Hopefully you will not have to evacuate.

Thanks...: I'm in a mobile home and it's survived all the other hurricanes. New roof in the works. My roofer put extra nails to keep the tarp on.
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

B2993EC8-47F5-42BA-941A-7B6640A50DDA.png Not as bad as it was at opening. Still a long wait but better than the earlier 300 minute wait.

Comment

So, people started waiting before 4am and the opened the gates really early. Those people are probably falling asleep somewhere in the park now.

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
          luvnwdwgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Crazy. I haven’t absolutely zero interest in SWGE. Hope the craziness dies down by the time we go. Although I have been seeing on Facebook that the crowds are really down in the other parks. That would be nice!

One article I read this morning said it was the two tales of Batuu, comparing Disneyland to Disney World. I can't imagine getting there late in the night as many did to wait to enter the official line at 4 AM. crazy! The guy on blogMickey said it was way more crowded than the opening in Disneyland. Luke also read that Epcot and Animal Kingdom had almost no lines. I think if I were there today that is where I would head.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
          luvnwdwgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw that people who had been at DHS this morning were heading to AK and getting on FOP with very low wait times.

• BriarRose4
          BriarRose4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too! I would be at Animal Kingdom during the day and head to Epcot at night.

According to app - Smuggler's Run is at 150 min wait time.
        Anyone know if they are doing Fast Passes for MFSR?
        It looks like you get a "boarding group" when you go into DHS, but do you take your chances with MFSR at that point?

Comment

I can't think of anyone or anything that I'd be willing to wait for over two hours to meet/see. Heck, I'll skip things that have a 45 minute wait time. So glad I'm planning on an in and out morning shopping only visit to Hollywood Studios when I'm there. As I imagine and expect that things will still be absolutely insane in Hollywood Studios.

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
            luvnwdwgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn’t wait 45 minutes for anything. 30 is my limit and I don’t do that very often either.

I heard from Disney Cast Member friends that the parking lot started to fill up at 3:00am ahead of the park opening at 4:00am. However, when I checked the wait times an hour ago, I was surprised that Smugglers' Run was only showing 150 minutes. Everything else in the Studios seemed to have a surprisingly small wait time, nothing more than an hour. Hopefully it's not too terrible there.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• luvnwdwgal
            luvnwdwgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing more than 30 minutes sounds better to me. 😊

Originally posted by chezp View Post
          I heard from Disney Cast Member friends that the parking lot started to fill up at 3:00am ahead of the park opening at 4:00am.
          HOLY TOLEDO!! The park opened at 4:00AM?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post

HOLY TOLEDO!! The park opened at 4:00AM?!?!
            I'm just going by what a friend who's a Cast Member reported on Facebook. I'm not sure if the park was open for business with attractions going - I suspect not, but apparently people were going in from that time. I'm guessing that Disney wanted to get people in the park as early as possible, as the crowds were probably insane!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I'm still pleasantly surprised by the wait times - 120 minutes for Millennium Falcon and the next longest wait is just 65 minutes. Wait times in the other parks aren't too bad either. The big shock is Soarin' - just 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
                I can't think of anyone or anything that I'd be willing to wait for over two hours to meet/see. Heck, I'll skip things that have a 45 minute wait time. So glad I'm planning on an in and out morning shopping only visit to Hollywood Studios when I'm there. As I imagine and expect that things will still be absolutely insane in Hollywood Studios.
                I’m with you on that. I have a hard time waiting 45-60 minutes for something, let alone 300 minutes. There is nothing I can imagine wanting to wait that long for.
                Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post
                  According to app - Smuggler's Run is at 150 min wait time.
                  Anyone know if they are doing Fast Passes for MFSR?
                  It looks like you get a "boarding group" when you go into DHS, but do you take your chances with MFSR at that point?
                  No FastPasses at this time, and no idea when there will be. The boarding group is just get in to Galaxy's Edge as nothing to do with Smuggler's Run.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• jenifermg0
                    jenifermg0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I knew that it was just to get in, just wasn't sure about FP+.
                    Thanks!!

• Cam22
                    Cam22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Who knows what the system will be by the time of your trip, which is in January right? Maybe there will be FastPasses. Our December trip comes right as the second attraction, Rise of the Resistance opens, so we figure there still won't be FastPasses then.
                Working...
                X