Star Wars Galaxy Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Galaxy Edge

IF4CE0B43-4C99-4B6D-BC8F-275421083D49.jpeg7E1A994A-374E-46FE-882D-AF5333E7FE00.jpegC860BF72-DFEB-43CE-93E0-3810F323CFAC.jpeg
    13AE8BF1-77A0-4E26-8B3A-65DA43DC3990.jpeg I finally made it to Galaxy Edge yesterday. The theming is fantastic. I never made it into the cantina, long line and I don't drink.

I rode the Millennium Falcon. I was the right pilot. It's a simulator, but not as intense as Star tours or even Flight of passage. It actually felt smooth to me most of the time. I would definitely ride again without hesitation. The crowd was not that bad considering it's a new area. The wait time was about 60 minutes at the time I was there. I did not try the blue or green milk.... lactose intolerance. I never made it into the dining area or gift shop... that will have to be for another time.

They did a great job but I'm not as much into Star Wars as I Harry Potter. I love walking though Diagon Alley and Hogsmead at Universal Studios and IOA.

I still give Disney two thumbs up. 👍 What I really liked was the photo pass opportunity. They had very clever shots. I was there to do my 22 month post op pics.

Attached Files
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Thanks for the photos and the mini review. We hope to visit Galaxy’s Edge in April.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

Congrats on your magnificent weight loss! Love all the photos from Galaxy's Edge and your description of the Millennium Falcon is very helpful!
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
        Congrats on your magnificent weight loss! Love all the photos from Galaxy's Edge and your description of the Millennium Falcon is very helpful!
        Thanks Cam....

I really thought it would be way more intense than FOP or Star Tours. It was very engaging as orders were given to everyone on what to do. There's two pilots, engineers and gunners. Each position is told what to do during the ride. I liked being the pilot. Everyone else sits behind the pilots. If you're a big Star Wars fan, you will love this area. There's so much to see and I barely scratched the surface.
        Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post

Thanks Cam....

I really thought it would be way more intense than FOP or Star Tours. It was very engaging as orders were given to everyone on what to do. There's two pilots, engineers and gunners. Each position is told what to do during the ride. I liked being the pilot. Everyone else sits behind the pilots. If you're a big Star Wars fan, you will love this area. There's so much to see and I barely scratched the surface.
          We both love Star Wars and have been anticipating this new land. This attraction sounds very much like one I will easily be able to do. That makes me happy!
          Cam
          27 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm hopeful we might both be able to ride the Millennium Falcon when we get back to Disneyland next year (Florida not until 2021). Flight of Passage really did a number on us, so it's good to know it's not that intense.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Thanks for the review. I have been hesitant on this ride, but to my proneness to motion sickness. I do usually pop a dramamine before going to the parks each day. I can ride Star Tours with no problem, but have not tried FoP. This sounds like I can ride it. Yea!!
              12/18-POFQ~4/2018-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Great pics. We are looking forward to visiting Galaxy’s Edge in December. My son was lucky enough to go to the one DL this summer. He loved it.

Comment

Nice review of GE and glad you enjoyed it for the first time.
                  Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                  WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Thank you for the review. Less than a month and we get to seek out adventure there too. We also never saw the new Toy Story area or the Pandara area, so we have a lot of new exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
                      Thank you for the review. Less than a month and we get to seek out adventure there too. We also never saw the new Toy Story area or the Pandara area, so we have a lot of new exploration.
                      Oh wow, you're going to have so much to enjoy on this trip!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I am glad that I read your thoughts. I am not a Star Wars fan either, so I might have skipped this. Now I will definitely drag my hubby there next month! Actually, he likes Star Wars, so I'm sure he will be interested in it. He's just not much of a Disney World fan . Good to see you having fun and looking great! Congrats
                        WDW trips: 5/00, 4/02, 2/03 - offsite; 1/04 - Contemporary; 2/05 - offsite; 5/06 - BC; 2/07, 2/08, 5/09, 1/10 & 11/10 - offsite; 11/12 - POR; 10/13 - Poly;10/14 - YC; 11/15 - AKL; 11/16 - BC; 5/17 - BW; 11/17 - CBR; 10/18 -BC & AKL

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
                          Enjoy.... I love Pandora, Slinky Dog Dash is a fun coaster. Loved walking around Star Wars Land. Alas, my heart still draws me to Diagon Alley and Hogsmead at Universal Studios/ IOA. Love me some Harry Potter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShelBell View Post
                            I am glad that I read your thoughts. I am not a Star Wars fan either, so I might have skipped this. Now I will definitely drag my hubby there next month! Actually, he likes Star Wars, so I'm sure he will be interested in it. He's just not much of a Disney World fan . Good to see you having fun and looking great! Congrats
                            From everything I keep reading, there's a lot there for non-Star Wars fans. How many of us were Pandora fans when that land opened? Very few, I'm willing to bet, but we all love the theming and exploring that area.

Comment

Working...
                            X