I may be crazy but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be crazy but

I'm seriously considering not booking any fastpasses. I know. I know. This goes against any and all Disney World trip planning advice, recommendations and even my past trips. But at this point I have ten trips under my Mickey belt, so even my must do's, always do's and usually do's have been many times. With so many trips behind me I know full well that not booking fastpass es could mean I wont get to do/see one or more of my favorites and oddly enough I'm okay with that and find the idea of that freedom liberating and very attractive. While I enjoy having plans I neither need nor want a schedule and it just seems that adding fastpasses to adr's, a tour, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom is taking the trip from a trip with plans to a trip with a schedule. And having a schedule isn't appealing to me. Like the title say I may be crazy or maybe I'm just now discovering and coming in to my own where Disney World trip planning is concerned.

You already have some great plans for this trip, so I don't think it is crazy at all to skip the FastPasses.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
      You already have some great plans for this trip, so I don't think it is crazy at all to skip the FastPasses.
      Thanks. I think part of why I'm willing to skip fastpasses is that I've never relied on them which probably comes from having been to been to Disneyland many many times before I made my first trip to Disney World. Plus, I can always book a fastpass while in the parks, on the bus, while eating dinner etc. if I find I want them. I really do miss the "old school" fastpasses.

Comment

I totally understand how you feel. I hate having to be at a specific place at a certain time while visiting the parks. I miss the old days when you didn’t have to schedule everything.
        CINDY

Comment

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
          I totally understand how you feel. I hate having to be at a specific place at a certain time while visiting the parks. I miss the old days when you didn’t have to schedule everything.
          So do I. Imho, having to schedule everything takes some of the fun out it. What's next having to make an abr (advance bathroom reservation) in order to use the bathroom?

Comment

Unless there's something you're desperate to experience, and it doesn't sound as if there is, then you really don't need Fastpasses.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

It's not crazy. I usually book something one day prior to a park visit.
              Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post

So do I. Imho, having to schedule everything takes some of the fun out it. What's next having to make an abr (advance bathroom reservation) in order to use the bathroom?
                Scheduling everything does certainly takes the fun out of it. That’s why we always eat quick service. I don’t want to be tied down to ADR’s everyday. Fastpasses are bad enough.
                CINDY

Comment

You're not crazy. You already have plans in place. The freedom to do what you want without any time constraints is exciting.
                  That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                  WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

It's not crazy at all. I'm going for a week in Nov. and have only booked about 6 FP. Who knows if I will use them! I just did some of the attractions that I really want to be sure to do that usually have long waits. Other than that, I'll just go with the flow.
                    11/19-POFQ~5/19-POFQ~12/18-POFQ~4/18-Won. thru PC~10/16-POFQ~6/16-Won. to Alaska~4/16-POFQ~2/16-POR/Mag/POFQ~11/15-POFQ~6/15-Mag to Norway~5/15-POFQ~3/15-POFQ~12/2014-POR~9/14-CSR~3/14-POR~3/13-POR~ 6/11-Won. to Alaska~3/11-POR~6/10-GF/Poly~6/09-Mag~ 3/08-Pop/Won/POFQ~10/07-Pop~ 6/07-CBR~3/07-Pop/POFQ~6/06-Pop~12/05-POFQ~7/05-POR~1/05-Pop~7/04-POR~1/04-CBR~6/03-POFQ~3/03-POFQ~3/02-off site~12/01-WL~7/01-ASMU~3/01-POR~7/00-Swan~7/98-DxL~7/92-DxL~5/89-Off site~12/76-Honeymoon off-site

Comment

Working...
                    X