Demolition Has Begun on the Fountain of Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demolition Has Begun on the Fountain of Nations

This looks so very sad, but the new plans look wonderful so one day it will be more beautiful than ever.

https://blogmickey.com/2019/10/fount...ts3i2iEKxmFNso
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Oh gosh, that is a sad sight indeed.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

That is sad although I'm happy that change is finally coming to Epcot.

Comment

No!😥 I’m all for the new plans. Epcot needs a refurb, but I just hate this.
        CINDY

18 Trips to WDW and counting!!😊
        Granddaughters’ 1st trip to WDW-August 30-September 5, 2020!🥳

Comment

Let me tell you that blue wall screwed me up when I was there at night! Don’t ask me why but at one point I looked up and saw the wall and my navigational skills got thrown for a loop. I literally stopped for a second and did a 360° turn. DD thought I was nuts asking what was wrong. It threw my bearings off!! 😂
          GF Sept '98 honeymoon, WL March '06, WL Nov '08, BWV March '10, BCV Oct '11, GF Nov '13, BWI Jan '15, YC April'16, POFQ Dec '16, YC Nov '17, Poly Sept '18, POR Oct '18, BC March '19

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
            Oh gosh, that is a sad sight indeed.
            I popped up on my Facebook feed and my heart hurt for a second.
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
              That is sad although I'm happy that change is finally coming to Epcot.
              After feeling momentarily sad, my second thought was that it is okay because so much exciting new stuff is finally coming to Epcot.
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by luvnwdwgal View Post
                No!😥 I’m all for the new plans. Epcot needs a refurb, but I just hate this.
                I've ready that they plan to have some kind of fountain that still has the water from the Fountain of Nations, but that's all I've heard.
                Cam
                27 Trips to WDW
                2 Trips to DLR
                1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by notjustamom View Post
                  Let me tell you that blue wall screwed me up when I was there at night! Don’t ask me why but at one point I looked up and saw the wall and my navigational skills got thrown for a loop. I literally stopped for a second and did a 360° turn. DD thought I was nuts asking what was wrong. It threw my bearings off!! 😂
                  It would have thrown me off, too. A few years ago we went to WDW in November so it got dark early. We were shopping in Mouse Gear and then left by a door we don't usually use. Both of us kept turning around and around trying to figure out where in the park we were. These new walls will definitely cause that to happen.
                  Cam
                  27 Trips to WDW
                  2 Trips to DLR
                  1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• notjustamom
                    notjustamom commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s exactly what happened! Oh thank Jesus it’s not just me 😂.

• Cam22
                    Cam22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We were really addled because both of us were disoriented. That doesn't usually happen. It was a wee bit scary.

I am sad that it's gone, but looking forward to the fountain that is going to take its place.
                  That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                  WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Originally posted by BriarRose4 View Post
                    I am sad that it's gone, but looking forward to the fountain that is going to take its place.
                    I feel the same way. It will be very interesting to watch as all this evolves.
                    Cam
                    27 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

This is a tough one to look at and comprehend as it was one of my faves in Epcot.
                      Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                      WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

• Cam22
                        Cam22 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I totally agree!

So sad to see it go. I love the photos with it in the background.
                      "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Originally posted by MayraLR View Post
                        So sad to see it go. I love the photos with it in the background.
                        I'll miss getting photos of it dancing.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• SuperDave
                          SuperDave commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It was so sad to see the walls around theold fountain last week! I will miss it so much. I always visit it when I first enter Epcot. That was a given and a must!

I saw some aerial photos of where the fountain had been earlier this week. It is complete gone now.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                        X