Any parks you don't visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any parks you don't visit?

A comment in another thread got me thinking about this. Are there any of the four parks that you just don't generally visit or, if you skip them, it doesn't bother you?

While the Studios is our least favourite park, we always ensure we do all four every trip.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

I don't skip any park. However, there always ends up being at least one park that I spend less time in. In years past that park has been Epcot that than changed somewhat with the slow but thorough gutting of Hollywood Studios and my taking the Undiscovered Future World tour. My coming trip I imagine that I'll avoid Hollywood Studios almost entirely due to Star Wars and will probably spend significantly less time in Epcot due to the demolition and construction that will be going on.

Comment

We’ve never skipped an entire park, although we have skipped World Showcase a few times. I could easily skip Epcot altogether though since there’s really only Soarin’ that I care about going on. I use to have to ride Spaceship Earth but anymore it really doesn’t matter to me. I’m so glad it’s going to be refurbed.
      CINDY

18 Trips to WDW and counting!!😊
      Granddaughters’ 1st trip to WDW-August 30-September 5, 2020!🥳

Comment

I skip Animal Kingdom. We went the first two years it opened and I haven't been there since.
        ​​​​​

Comment

We spend the least amount of time in Hollywood Studios. Most of our time is between Epcot and Animal Kingdom.
          That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
          WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Never been to Animal Kingdom. No interest.

I don't like to see animals taken from their natural habitat. I'm weird that way.
            “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Comment

I often skip Animal Kingdom.

Comment

For awhile we've only been able to fit in three day trips so we skip one park. The last time we did all the parks in a trip was 2012. The last few years we skipped AK starting when Pandora was first added. This year we skipped Epcot so we could finally do Pandora and miss all the refurbishment going on in Epcot.

Comment

We don't skip any of the parks but we do spend the least amount of time in AK - only one day. The rest of the parks get multiple visits per trip
                  Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

We have only been twice and thus have not skipped a park. Since it will be a while before we get back I doubt we will skip any the next time either. There will be new things for us to see in most of the parks and I wouldn't want to miss any of that.
                    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

I try to visit all the parks on my trips, but a few times I didn't visit the AK as it was quite far from whatever resort I was staying at. It's a long bus ride. Especially from the MK and DS resorts. Although I'm in the DS area this time I will be going.
                      Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                      WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Even on a very short visit, we do not skip a park, even Studios, which is my least favorite. Thank goodness for hoppers those two short trips. Our trips are usually 11 to 12 days so we try to spend at least 3 days per park, and then choose where we want to return for a 4th time.
                        Last edited by Cam22; 10-22-2019, 04:45 PM.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• notjustamom
                          notjustamom commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I’d give anything to be able to spend 10+ days in a row! We almost always travel during school breaks so at most it’s 5-6 days. Hopefully in 2 years when DS graduates we can take extended trips 😁

Originally posted by revral View Post
                        [COLOR=#We'gutting of Hollywood Studios and my taking the Undiscovered Future World tour. My coming trip I imagine that I'll avoid Hollywood Studios almost entirely due to Star Wars and will probably spend significantly less time in Epcot due to the demolition and construction that will be going on. [/B][/COLOR]
                        That sounds so much like us. If we stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge then we spend more time at Animal Kingdom, but if we are at a resort far away from it, we might not.
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

On our long trips, we visit all of the parks. We usually do two days at MK and Epcot, one day at AK, and one day at HS. On our weekend trips, we switch up which 2 parks to visit. This December, my kids have chosen to visit HS and Epcot on our short trip. In April we will visit MK and AK.

Comment

It's interesting how quite a few people skip Animal Kingdom. I guess that helps explain why Disney expanded it with Pandora to encourage more visitors.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• Jambo
                              Jambo commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It has been in my top two since it opened. I enjoy everything about it ( except the carnival games 😄 ). Everyone has different interests I suppose.
                          Working...
                          X