DVC Moonlight Magic for January 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVC Moonlight Magic for January 2020

So I see they have FINALLY released the dates for the Moonlight Magic for next year.
    As luck would have it there is a date during our upcoming trip.
    Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to sign up? I know I have to do it online and I will need to be online practically before they even open the registration (which means before 5am my time). However, I have never done this and I don't want to screw up and miss out! I am even planning on taking part of the morning off if need be.

When we did this a few years ago, signing up wasn't that hard. I think it's worsened now. I would say that I wouldn't bother with the Moonlight Magic again. It was an absolute mess getting into the park and we decided that we wanted to get the "unusual" characters who were out for meets and greets. We did one and that was it, the waits were insane. It's a nice idea, but it didn't work for us.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I took my Dd and her friend to one last summer. We had a great time! Registration was easy. I just hopped online the morning it opened. However, I am on EST. Mornings aren’t too bad for me.

Comment

Unfortunately, we've never been there during any of these events. So disappointing!
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

When I signed us up for last year's DHS event I was nervous about the process as well.
          it wasn’t too bad, though. I recall being in a virtual queue for a while...the page keeps refreshing and eventually you are taken to the sign up page.

One of the other forums I participate in is DVCinfo.com and they had a link to the page and detailed instructions for signing up. I ran it through a few times beforehand....as far as I could go... to practice.

~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL

Comment

Hoping someone knows:

So I believe that each DVC Member can reserve tickets for up to four people including themselves...correct?

So DH and I are both have cards and own the points together.

When I get online to try to get tickets, can I get 6 of them - using both membership numbers or do we each have to sign in and try to get a set of four and a set of two?

Does what I am asking make sense??

Comment

• revral
              revral commented
              Editing a comment
              You make sense to me. Unfortunately, I'm of no help as I'm not DVC.

Okay - so I got 4 tickets, but needed 6.
            I had added DS and friend's DS to our ressie over the weekend so that I could get 6 - we wan them to come but not sure if they can yet.
            After I got the four (it wouldn't let me do 6 even though I have 6 on my ressie) - I called DVC and they are working to fix it. Guess this is not uncommon.
            I have the name and extension of the lady I spoke with and her supervisor's name. Should be a new confirmation e-mail in the next day or so.

Comment

Hoping it works out that you get two more tickets!
              Cam
              27 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I hope you can get those additional two tickets!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Should be fine getting the last two...I have been assured by three different people that it has been updated. I am just waiting for the confirmation e-mail.

Comment

WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!
                    6 tickets to the January 21st MM event at Animal Kingdom!
                    SOOOOOO EXCITED!
                    The CM I was talking to on the DVC phone number said they only let around 5000-6000 people into the event!!!!!!

Comment

That's great news!

Comment

Congrats!
                        Cam
                        27 Trips to WDW
                        2 Trips to DLR
                        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
                        X