New Security Checkpoints For Magic Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Security Checkpoints For Magic Kingdom

While googling to see if changes had been made to the MK boat route security checkpoints, I happened onto this news of revamped security points for MK buses, boats and the CR walkway.
    https://wdwnt.com/2019/07/magic-king...s-being-moved/

This is a great improvement as the Poly-GF-MK boat point felt cramped and seemed like an afterthought.

I really like how all the security area will be well away from the MK gate.

I'm guessing this arrangement may be to better accommodate the addition of the walkway from the GF.

Whatever the reason, sounds great to me.
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

You're right, those changes sound good. If Disney can minimise waits for guests staying at the Magic Kingdom resorts. it's another good selling point to attract people to stay there.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I really appreciate all the work Disney is currently doing to make getting into each of the parks less of a hassle.
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

We hardly had any waits going through security last week regardless of what time we arrived, in fact the whole area just seemed less crowded so it seems to be working well.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne1972 View Post
          We hardly had any waits going through security last week regardless of what time we arrived, in fact the whole area just seemed less crowded so it seems to be working well.
          That is wonderful to hear! Thanks!
          Cam
          27 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Suzanne1972 View Post
            That's really good to hear.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Hopefully with all the new changes at Epcot they will be upgrading their security checkpoint. Longest lines last ti
              e and only 1-2 metal detectors. The metal detector line was backing up to the bag check line. Of course if people actually listened and empties their pockets it would go faster but not enough machines. The security guard looked at the line, looked at me and waved me around.
              GF Sept '98 honeymoon, WL March '06, WL Nov '08, BWV March '10, BCV Oct '11, GF Nov '13, BWI Jan '15, YC April'16, POFQ Dec '16, YC Nov '17, Poly Sept '18, POR Oct '18, BC March '19

Comment

Originally posted by notjustamom View Post
                Hopefully with all the new changes at Epcot they will be upgrading their security checkpoint. Longest lines last ti
                e and only 1-2 metal detectors. The metal detector line was backing up to the bag check line. Of course if people actually listened and empties their pockets it would go faster but not enough machines. The security guard looked at the line, looked at me and waved me around.
                Yes please! Epcot has the longest security checkpoint wait. It's very annoying. I hope this improves by the time I visit again.
                "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Good to hear as the waits can be a bit much at times. Now that you mention the boats, I didn't use the boats once on my recent trip for some reason. That I think is a first with a WDW trip.
                  Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                  WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                  X