Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galaxy's Edge - Will there be a change to FP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy's Edge - Will there be a change to FP?

I had to make our FP yesterday at the 60 day mark for our trip at the end of December. I was unsure of what to do with the HS days for FP, but ended up choosing Slinky Dog on one day and R&R on another day. Assuming we would go to rope drop and get in the Galaxy's Edge on one morning and Toy Story Mania on the 2nd getting anything else we can before the masses.
    I dislike the tiers in HS , but I do like the current set up using the extra magic hrs for Galaxy's Edge Smugglers Run. With adding the Rise to the Resistance which opens Dec 5th. I am wondering what the plans will be? Anyone have any insight?
    Upcoming trip: October 2019 OKW and December 19 BRV and BCV
    Past trips: 25 WDW and 2 Disney Hilton Head

I absolutely hate the tiers at DHS! All my favorites are Tier 1 rides, leaving me to choose 2 useless rides to fill up my fastpasses for the day. And with the new Star Wars Land rides not having fastpasses, I don't see myself riding them, as I refuse to wait in long lines.
    "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

My personal feeling is that the tiers at both Epcot and DHS should be going away. With the addition of Rise of the Reaistance at DHS and Guardians of the Galaxy and the Ratatouille attraction at Epcot, I think the tiers have become too restrictive. However, there hasn’t been any official word from Disney. I suppose we can hope.
      Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018

Comment

I have a feeling they will continue not to have FastPasses for Galaxy's Edge for a while. That was the approach for Pandora when it opened.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I've only gone twice since it opened. Never had any problems going into the land itself. The line for smugglers run was less than slinky dog. I use DAS for my wait time. It actually takes longer to get into the cantina than smugglers run. There is a single rider line as well.
          Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

You can use the DAS for Smugglers Run? We were there in Oct and I forgot to ask. DS wants to ride it during our trip in Dec but it would only be an option if he can use his DAS
            GF Sept '98 honeymoon, WL March '06, WL Nov '08, BWV March '10, BCV Oct '11, GF Nov '13, BWI Jan '15, YC April'16, POFQ Dec '16, YC Nov '17, Poly Sept '18, POR Oct '18, BC March '19

Comment

We never got to ride Slinky Dog due to huge lines all day. Galaxy's Edge was not a big problem. The most we saw the ride at was 70 minutes and they have single rider there. If I hadn't gotten or FP for TSMM, we probably wouldn't have done it either. It was also a long line all day. (Not sure why, they had multiple ride tracks). We did RnR first, then ToT, with small lines, then went to the other parts of the park.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
                We never got to ride Slinky Dog due to huge lines all day. Galaxy's Edge was not a big problem. The most we saw the ride at was 70 minutes and they have single rider there. If I hadn't gotten or FP for TSMM, we probably wouldn't have done it either. It was also a long line all day. (Not sure why, they had multiple ride tracks). We did RnR first, then ToT, with small lines, then went to the other parts of the park.
                Try going to Toy Story Land close to park closing. We were able to ride all 3 rides with less than a 30 minute wait. Slinky Dog, we went in the line 5 minutes before park closing and although the wait time said 50 minutes, it was actually 30.
                "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

Mayra -we thought that would work, but it had been raining on and off and I think they were just letting FP people on whenever. Line was still long even during Fantasmic....

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey View Post
                    Mayra -we thought that would work, but it had been raining on and off and I think they were just letting FP people on whenever. Line was still long even during Fantasmic....
                    Aww! What a bummer!

Comment

I hate the tier passes in Studios and Epcot and especially as when you take your tier 1 ride in Studios, all that is left is shows for the most part. Not good and they need to change this. A good reson why I have never done Frozen as I'm not willing to give up Soarin' and I can do TT with the Single Rider Line that is usually good.
                      Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                      WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                      X