Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the new rides put the Tiers in a different way, so it makes it even harder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the new rides put the Tiers in a different way, so it makes it even harder?

This question is specifically to members who have been there recently, because I really need to Understand how the tiers work with all the new rides, including the new Star Wars ride. My Fast Pass day is not until March 17th, 2020. BUT I really need the heads up as to what I can get for my group.

These are the rides I am looking for:
    1. Flight of Passage- AK
    2. Alien Saucers- DHS
    3. Slinky- DHS
    4. Millennium Falcon- DHS
    5. Rise of the Resistance- DHS- I know this does not open until December 5th.

The only one I will be riding will be #2. But I have 4 others that I know would like to do the 2 Star Wars ride. What am I up against?

We will have Park Hoppers, so I hope to get those 5 rides within our 5 park days.

Thank you for giving me any Advice about getting the Fast Passes.....

Last edited by lovewdw2; 11-10-2019, 09:30 AM.
    Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Unless things change when the Rise of the Resistance opens, none of the Star Wars rides are currently on the Fastpass system. So, everyone is suggesting to either go there at rope drop or the end of the day for the best chance of getting on the rides in a reasonable amount of time. I know that Slinky is a Tier 1 fastpass, but I am not sure about the Saucers. Most people are suggesting to go for Slinky as your Tier 1 fastpass. I don't remember which tier Flight of Passage is, so, can't give any advice for that one.
    Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jenn! I am hoping that Disney does change the fast pass tiers, once they add the 2 Star Wars rides.

As Jenn said, as of right now there are no FastPasses for either Star Wars rides. This is the way Pandora was when it first opened, too. I don't know if these will be added as FastPasses by your date or not. If these are added, I'm guessing there might be a tier change yet again at Studios. The Alien Saucers is a Tier 1 ride, all the good stuff in Toy Story Land is and has been since it opened. I'm hoping this will change and that Tower of Terror will return to Tier 2. Right now I think Studios has the worst set up for selecting FastPasses of all the parks.

I don't know much about this site, but they do have an interesting article on the best strategy for FastPasses at Studios.

https://www.mousehacking.com/blog/ho...tpass-strategy
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Cam, that article was very helpful. I just didn't want to go in blindly!

• Cam22
      Cam22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know we struggle planning out our Studios days, and it has never been my favorite park.

• notjustamom
      notjustamom commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree that DHS has the worst Tier system right now!!

I know you said current visits to Disney Kate but based on my trip last year, Swirling Saucers will be a much easier ride to get a FP for but I actually suggest not even bothering with the ride. It's a whip type ride and I can tell you it's not smooth. In our entire trip last year, Abby and I went on it one time, I slid across the seat whacking my arm/shoulder on the side of the ride vehicle so hard I'm surprised I didn't get a bruise and we never went on it again. Every time I suggested it, Abby said no thanks (which I was very thankful for but at least I gave her the opportunity) and she's not one to say that unless she just doesn't like it or want to ride (and we both now there are very few of those at Disney). Toy Story Mania on the other hand is much more fun and I'd try for that one instead of the saucers. Good luck though making final FP decisions.
    Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I LOVE TSM anyway, but I still would like to ride the Alien saucers because I liked the Whip when I was a kid. I guess I will see how the line is when we are there. Not thrilled with this park anyway, even with the added star wars rides. But Thank you for your suggestions.

Flight of Passage is a tier one.
    I agree with Cam; the HS tier options are horrible. It has only served to make us less likely to spend a whole day in HS.
    We will be there in a few weeks and have already made FPs. I check in on MDE every few days to see if the GE rides will open on there. Right now, they are still excluded.

Comment

• lovewdw2
      lovewdw2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just hate using the tiers anyway. I wish Disney had a better system. I am with you, I don't spend a whole day there. Even with the newer rides, it still won't keep me there longer. I have a funny feeling that we may have to keep going back just to get on the 2 new rides at Star Wars. Ugh!

• luvnwdwgal
      luvnwdwgal commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s what we did. We went 3 times altogether. Two of those times were to go on just one ride and leave, which were ToT and SDD. We had TSM on our main day there.

Just a question.... surely at some point the Star Wars rides will be added into the Fastpass system? I appreciate they're not included now and there doesn't seem to be any rumours about that, but I'm assuming sometime in 2020, they will be added? Am I alone in thinking this?

By the way, I think the whole Fastpass tier system is a nightmare now at the Studios.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I am sure that some time in the future the 2 Start Wars rides will get FastPasses just as Flight of Passage finally did. What I'm wondering about is what that will then do the craziness of the tiers at Studios.
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
        I am sure that some time in the future the 2 Start Wars rides will get FastPasses just as Flight of Passage finally did. What I'm wondering about is what that will then do the craziness of the tiers at Studios.
        Ugh, I dread to think! Surely that means something would have to come out of tier 1? They can't all be tier 1?

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post

Ugh, I dread to think! Surely that means something would have to come out of tier 1? They can't all be tier 1?
          Surely, at least, two attractions would have to move down to tier 2.
          Cam
          27 Trips to WDW
          2 Trips to DLR
          1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post

Surely, at least, two attractions would have to move down to tier 2.
            That would make sense. However, we all know that Disney doesn't always make sense. Quite frankly, I wouldn't count on them taking even one thing out of tier one never mind two.

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post

That would make sense. However, we all know that Disney doesn't always make sense. Quite frankly, I wouldn't count on them taking even one thing out of tier one never mind two.
              That's my concern. I hope something comes out whenever Fastpass+ is offered for Galaxy's Edge.

Comment

Working...
              X