Skipping attractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping attractions

Today’s SQOTD made me think about skipping attractions while traveling with family. Do you sacrifice a desired attraction FP when the rest of your party wants to do something else or do you separate to do your own thing? My kids are teens and we seem to skip certain rides unless I make a specific request. Last year I chose to skip TT with the family and ride FEA by myself.

We're fortunate in that we both tend to like the same attractions. I must admit I love to fly in Dumbo and DH doesn't, so I just go off and do that on my own.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I'm usually solo unless someone joins me and now the only person that would be joining me is my mom. So, we certainly could separate but we tend not to.

Comment

We pretty much all like the same attractions.
        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Since there are only 2 of us, we generally do the same attractions, and we both get a number of things we love.
          Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

Luke and I enjoy most of the same attractions, though I don't do the bigger roller coasters anymore. I don't mind taking a break to rest my feet while he gets a ride or two on one these.
            Cam
            27 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Ed and I like most of the same attractions so if it is just us we don't have to skip anything. When we took my parents we had to take into account their ages and mobility issues and skipped some of our favorites.
              Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007 & 2015, Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

As we now do longer trips, some attractions that are on Lucille's ,"NO Burger Flipping WAY or HAVE YOUR LOST WHAT'S LEFT OF YOUR MIND?" List. Those I set up for down days and go off on my own to enjoy. Some others I book for both us and see how she feels when we get there. If up to it, Great, if not BETTER I get to do it twice. But I try not to FP those more than once a day and make sure they are near a store she likes or a people watching spot she enjoys

Comment

Lenny and Abby will ride Star Tours (it makes me sick now to ride) and while I will wait in line with them, I walk right through and wait at the exit for them and take that few minutes to just sit and relax and people watch. Last time we went when Flights of Passage was open, Lenny opted not to ride due to concerns of the ride vehicle so he stayed outside and I walked through the FP line with Abby to keep her company. When she went into the preshow room, I was led to the exit - I figured this would make me sick as well and chose not to ride with her - where I was told to feel free to wait for her, which I did. Other than those two attractions, we pretty much all like everything else and stick together.
                  Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Comment

Our last few trips have been with 8-10 people (3 family units) so we definitely don't all want to do the same things all the time. Sometimes the people who don't want to go on the attraction will just wait on a bench. Other times we'll just split up and do different things. We always plan to have time together every day and time apart. That way everyone gets to do what they want to for the most part.
                    WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

We usually ride most of the same things together. But,on occasion I will ride something DH doesn't like and vice versa.

Comment

My wife won't go on most coasters. My boys and I usually get a fastpass for coasters and my wife usually gets a fastpass for a show or character meet while we are on coaster.

Comment

There are only a few attractions that I can't go on so I usually tell my DH to go on a single rider line if it's available. If I travel with friends who have motion issues then I just do whatever rides they're able to do since I go to WDW so often.
                          "If you can Dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a Dream and a Mouse." - Walt. E. Disney
                          1975 Off-site, 1982 Poly, 1985 CR, 1987 Poly, 1988 Off-site, 1990 Off-site, 1992 - 2018 CBR, CR, POFQ, CS, ASM , POP, WL (CC & BL), YC, BW, BWV, OKW, GF, GFV, BCV, BLT, AKL, DL (GC)

Comment

Usually the shows or movie attractions like: Festival of the Lion King, Reflections of China, Carousel of Progress, etc. I can't always do all of them because my family doesn't enjoy them much.
                            "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

My husband and I like the same attractions so we tend to stay together. Our sons are 17 and 19 and usually stay with us, but do go off and do their own thing (usually when we want to stay in World Showcase)

Comment

Working...
                              X