Splash Mountain being rethemed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovewdw2 View Post
    However I hope Disney does not get rid of Briar Patch- the store under Splash Mountain! But I am betting it will be full of items to buy that reflect the new changes.
    I suspect that the Briar Patch will also be re-themed.
    Hopefully Disney will open a new shop - The Hundred Acre Wood perhaps - dedicated to Pooh and his pals!!!

Comment

• Cam22
      Cam22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would definitely visit a 100 Acre Wood shop.

My family was talking about these changes yesterday and while we love Splash Mountain the way it is, we could all see how it could easily be transformed to the new Princess and the Frog theme and still be great. It's not the logistics/mechanics of the ride that are changing, just the scenery so it will still have all the elements that we enjoy (slowly meandering boat ride with a few fun drops). The big question we had was, When??? We don't see this happening for at least a year. Disney is probably not going to be starting any new projects any time soon as even some previously scheduled projects have been put on hold (like SSE). I would imagine it's going to be quite awhile until they start doing projects that are mostly cosmetic. Our thinking (and we could be totally wrong) was that they made the announcement to make people happy but conveniently let out any kind of time frame and they have now pushed this to the back burner again (though I do believe this has been in the works for quite some time. I've definitely read this rumor in the past year or so).
    WDW Visits: March 1979 Offsite; April 1979 Offsite; April 1981 Offsite; June 2001 ASMo; June 2004 Pop; May 2009 Pop; June 2011 Pop; June 2013 AoA Lion King; June 2015 AoA Lion King; June 2016 AoA Nemo; June 2018 AoA Lion King; ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶0̶ ̶L̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶; Next trip June 2021, AoA Lion King

Comment

• Pris
      Pris commented
      Editing a comment
      I suspect you are quite right about it. I definitely feel that the timing of the announcement was very much in light of current events.

Originally posted by jenifermg0 View Post

I suspect that the Briar Patch will also be re-themed.
    Hopefully Disney will open a new shop - The Hundred Acre Wood perhaps - dedicated to Pooh and his pals!!!
    I'd be up for that!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by allgiggles View Post
      My family was talking about these changes yesterday and while we love Splash Mountain the way it is, we could all see how it could easily be transformed to the new Princess and the Frog theme and still be great. It's not the logistics/mechanics of the ride that are changing, just the scenery so it will still have all the elements that we enjoy (slowly meandering boat ride with a few fun drops). The big question we had was, When??? We don't see this happening for at least a year. Disney is probably not going to be starting any new projects any time soon as even some previously scheduled projects have been put on hold (like SSE). I would imagine it's going to be quite awhile until they start doing projects that are mostly cosmetic. Our thinking (and we could be totally wrong) was that they made the announcement to make people happy but conveniently let out any kind of time frame and they have now pushed this to the back burner again (though I do believe this has been in the works for quite some time. I've definitely read this rumor in the past year or so).
      It's a good point, although I must admit I did wonder if this might be something that is done sooner, because as you say, it's a cosmetic project. That might make it cheaper and therefore easier for Disney to do. Just wondering out loud...

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• allgiggles
        allgiggles commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is they will wait until it's time for a big refurbishment at Splash and just do everything at once. But Disney doesn't usually follow my logic so I'm probably wrong.

• Her Dotness
        Her Dotness commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm, I suspect as strong as feelings about race are in this country currently that re-theming this one is likely to proceed.

For one thing, the stories that Song of the South was based upon were written by a White Southerner although closely adhering to Black storytelling traditions.

I think the climate's too aroused after all that's happened lately for Disney to postpone this one. They've usually been ahead of the rest of society where equality is concerned; this won;t be any exception, I predict.

I an always sad when they re-theme or close an attraction. But having said that I realize that if they didn't change or update attractions, people would get bored and probably visit less. I always like to reminisce about Epcot in the late 80s but when I watch old YouTube videos they don't seem as cool as I remember them, LOL,

Comment

Working...
      X