Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animal Kingdom Day

And some Disney magic along the way.

I got to Animal Kingdom around 7:20. They hadn’t started parking cars yet. The new entrance looks really nice. It didn’t take long to go through temp and bag checks. They were letting everyone in well before 8:00am.

I headed to Pandora to get a DAS return time . I was going to go on Na’vi river journey. However it was close because of technical difficulties. I headed over to the safari. It said a 15 minute wait but was more of a walk on. I took the trail after the safari to kill time before Rafiki’s Planet Watch opened up.

I found a snake in my yard yesterday and wanted to know what type is was. It was a corn snake. While there I saw two miniature donkeys... Jack and Jill. Cheryl... they were so cute.

I headed over to Asia and stopped in for the bird show. I liked it much better than the Up show. After that I went on a tiger hunt. Luckily she was up close to the glass.

I got hungry as I only had a protein shake while waiting for the safari. I chose my favorite Satu’li Canteen. I got a kids meal to supplement the chicken and rice I brought with me. This is where the magic happened. I asked for a kids refill of root beer and Ruth brought back a large size. We got to talking and found out she also had Bariatric surgery 7 years ago. A few minutes later she brought by two cupcakes and a box to go. That was so sweet of her. When lunch was done I went to Flight of Passage. It took a while but not too bad. It was because of social distancing. It was almost time for the macaw fly over. They are not really doing a show or talk.

Time to head out. Before I left I stopped at guest services to put in a thank you for Ruth. Now at home with my feet up. Going to have one of the cupcakes.

Pictures will be posted on Instagram under Marciuniversal. I took a lot!!! Enjoy 😊
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Awesome photos! Thanks so much for the one of the giraffe! Sounds like you had a good wild day at AK. Ruth is the ideal Cast Member.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
      Awesome photos! Thanks so much for the one of the giraffe! Sounds like you had a good wild day at AK. Ruth is the ideal Cast Member.
      I did have a good day. Even though it was busy it didn’t seem as crowded. Everything just seemed to flow nicely and fall in place. I enjoyed talking with Ruth. We used the same practice for our surgeries.
      Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post

I did have a good day. Even though it was busy it didn’t seem as crowded. Everything just seemed to flow nicely and fall in place. I enjoyed talking with Ruth. We used the same practice for our surgeries.
        Our first full day at WDW next month is at AK and I can't wait. Your meeting with Ruth has "it's a small world" playing in my mind.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Oh wow, what an awesome day you had there! Thank you so much for the photos of the tiger (brilliant shot by the way) and the donkeys - that was such a lovely surprise to see that one.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
            Oh wow, what an awesome day you had there! Thank you so much for the photos of the tiger (brilliant shot by the way) and the donkeys - that was such a lovely surprise to see that one.
            Thanks... As soon as I saw the donkeys I thought Cheryl!!!! They are not letting guests into the petting area right now. With the tiger, I got lucky that it was so close to the viewing area. Just before I left she moved on.

Comment

Sounds like a really nice day. Love the tiger shot. I haven't seen them out in ages. Thanks for sharing.
              WDW trips: 5/00, 4/02, 2/03 - offsite; 1/04 - Contemporary; 2/05 - offsite; 5/06 - BC; 2/07, 2/08, 5/09, 1/10 & 11/10 - offsite; 11/12 - POR; 10/13 - Poly;10/14 - YC; 11/15 - AKL; 11/16 - BC; 5/17 - BW; 11/17 - CBR; 10/18 -BC & AKL

Comment

A fun packed day in WDW you had
                Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                X