Steakhouse 71 opening 10/1/21!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steakhouse 71 opening 10/1/21!!!

And the menus look fabulous...breakfast, lunch and dinner. YUM!

Steakhouse 71, located on the first floor of Disney's Contemporary Resort, has set its opening date and shared a look at its menus!
    “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2021--PVV/VGF; WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// Drew to WDW several times in the 70's/1984; Me DL 1967.

Definitely one to try!
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club - Sept 2022 AKL

Comment

We booked our first two days’ ADRs this morning, impossible to get any really popular ones since we were booking a weekend.

We both were really grateful we know how to do that efficiently and have a system. I monitor our list, strategize order of attack and tell Drew what date, meal and restaurant to go for. Drew does the actual bookings since he’s calmer under pressure and can work the system better.

Online booking was really sluggish this morning. Like that’s anything new, huh? (Which is why I suspect Genie+ will be a complete crazymaker.)

I’m hoping it’s good luck that we can start booking the main part of our split tomorrow—the day ressies for Steakhouse 71 begin.

We’re so excited by the menus we’re hoping to get all 3 meals there but will be happy if we get any.
      “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2021--PVV/VGF; WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// Drew to WDW several times in the 70's/1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

• Her Dotness
        Her Dotness commented
        Editing a comment
        Durn! Drew read the date wrong for the booking start date. We'll have to wait till Thursday to try for this one.
        Oh, well...we'll get whatever else is available and modify endlessly in the intervening months.
        Is it characteristic of WDW oldtimers that we modified TWICE within 30 minutes of starting to book? (I can sense PDL heads nodding all over the world.)

This looks wonderful...Hope we can get something for our February trip.
      I like the look of the whole menu. Hoping for lunch or dinner.

Comment

I think the menu looks great! We’ll have to try it on an upcoming trip.
        Louise

2022 ~ POP; 2021 ~ BC/Poly; 2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ POP/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

DH will be glad to have a steakhouse back at the Contemporary. He was disappointed when they closed the Concourse Steakhouse. I’m glad to see they have a shrimp dish. I love steak but never order it when we go out. Won’t be going there on our upcoming trip the end of October/November since we’ll have kids with us and there’s no kids menu, but maybe someday.
          CINDY

Comment

That looks great. I particularly love the crab cake items.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Good work. I'm surprised you are having two dinners there. But, I'm sure you'll enjoy them. I like the menu.
              Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
              WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

We rebooked the second dinner to Trattoria al Forno.

Stk 71 is a decent steakhouse comparable to Le Cellier, we thought, but with upscale sauces and atmosphere.

We put too much stock in The DIS’s Pete Werner’s claim that it’s currently the best restaurant on property. We had a far better dinner at Yachtsman.

There’s no green salad but a standard iceberg wedge (traditional but boring!) And the puff pastry round of Drew’s apple tart could have been used as a hockey puck. He could barely cut it with a fork. The bite he offered me was leathery. Seriously abused puff pastry!

The filet prices at each reflect the quality, IMO. The $36 6-oz. filet Drew had at 71 was good but not as tender or flavorful as the 8-oz. ones at Yachtsman ($54 ea.) we both had, I thought. Yachtsman’s in-house aging and doing their own cuts make a discernible difference, IMO.
                Last edited by Her Dotness; 11-17-2021, 02:24 AM.

Comment

We’re pretty nearly done with Steakhouse 71, depending on tomorrow’s breakfast.

Terrible service at lunch. Took an age before our server appeared. I ordered only a shrimp cocktail and garden salad. Server brought my food without asking if I wanted to wait until Drew’s steak was ready. I thought that a bit unusual, but oh, well, they were very busy.

Then, Drew’s steak came—with another shrimp cocktail and salad!

Add that most pieces of lettuce were as big as the palm of my hand—for a kids’ salad—in a rectangular dish that made them hard to cut. No dressing offered, probably because it was allergy-friendly. I shrugged and ate it kid-style rather than flinging lettuce about trying to cut it.

There was more, but you get the picture, I’m sure.

This was one of very few times we haven’t left a tip at Disney TS. We were too done with the place to ask to speak to a manager.

Needless to say, we are reluctant to suggest any Pixies eat there.
                  Last edited by Her Dotness; 11-17-2021, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences there. That's not good. 😞

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Well, this is good info to have.
                      I would rather go back to Le Cellier or Yachtsman based on this info.

Comment

To close out Stk 71, breakfast was adequate.

I had scrambled eggs, a bit overdone for my tastes, with bacon and some excellent roasted potatoes.

Drew had an omelet containing “really nice mushrooms” (he says), with tomatoes, spinach, and Swiss. Unfortunately, the surface was slightly overdone, perhaps a salamander used to melt the Swiss. Lower, it was very good, he added just now.

Yes, we’re sitting in Topolino’s awaiting dinner and talking about another restaurant. Heresy!

ETA: Topolino’s is superb. Such a pleasant conclusion to our week.

Drew had a tomahawk veal chop with baby Brussels sprouts and English peas. Mine was 4 nice-sized Diver scallops accented with several varieties of sorrel, the chef told me, topped with thinly sliced sunchokes, white and black sesame seeds and a hint of fennel seeds.

A very tasty dinner indeed.
                        Last edited by Her Dotness; 11-19-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X