Interesting article about food portion sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting article about food portion sizes

I can see the argument for people's waistlines and it's good that Disney aren't just immediately thinking of increasing prices as the default - although I'm sure that will be a tempting option for them.
    Disney has provided an update on how they are looking to mitigate the impacts of inflation throughout the parks and resorts -- learn more here.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

If you really think about it though, they are in essence increasing prices. With the decrease in portion sizes, there won't be a decrease in price. The prices will just stay the same and that's how they get you. People think "Great! Prices didn't go up" but just like at the supermarket on a lot of things there, the package sizes are smaller. Just for an example, Abby loves Cheerios and once upon a time, I could get her a 16 ounce box. That price hasn't changed but now it's only a 12 ounce box. And just to make the math easy, say it was only $1.60 for the 16 ounces, that's 10 cents an ounce but for 12 ounces, that's 14 cents an ounce I'm paying. So I guess it's all in how you look at it but as the title of your link says, it's all about "increasing profits" for them. It's just a shame it seems like there is never enough profit for them anymore.
    Darlene

My Previous Trips: All WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music - August 2021 AS Movies

Comment

Curiously, there’s been some dismay in the media and accusations of fat-shaming on our side of the pond about the waistlines remark.

As if we aren’t all aware that eating too much DOES cause weight gain.**

I find it curious that Americans’ generally unhealthy diet and resistance to regular exercise aren’t blamed more. Portion sizes aren’t the main problem, IMO.

** Please note that I make exceptions for those with medical conditions/medications that make weight loss by ordinary methods difficult to impossible.
      Last edited by Her Dotness; 11-17-2021, 08:17 AM.
      “People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” —Winnie-the-Pooh

WDW 11/2021--PVV/VGF; WDW 11/2019-VGF/BRV; WDW 11/2018–VGF; WDW10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// Drew to WDW several times in the 70's/1984; Me DL 1967.

Comment

Working...
      X