This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Your Neighborhood Watch Cast Pixies

Welcome to pixiedustlane (pdl). We're glad to meet you or if you're coming over from PassPorter welcome to our new home and it's great to see you again. Pixiedustlane is a safe, welcoming and friendly site for everyone and the cast pixies' job is to ensure that pdl stays safe, friendly and welcoming for everyone. If you have questions about the site or it's polices, need help and are wondering who to contact or are just wondering about who the cast pixies (administrators and moderators) are this thread will introduce them and tell you a little about them.

Hi! I'm Laura but known here as revral and I'm the chief pixie as this is my site. And here are the answers to 20 question so you can get to know a bit more about me.
    1. What's your favourite Disney character? Mickey although the love of my Disney life is Figment
    2. When was your first visit to a Disney park and which one? It was Disneyland and it was, I believe, 1975.
    3. What's your favorite Disney resort? or home resort if DVC? All Star Music
    4. What resort would you love to stay in, but haven't just yet? I have no idea why but for some reason I really want to stay at Caribbean beach. However, I doubt I ever will as I just can't justify the cost.
    5. Are you a park commando? or a Meandering Mary? I am definitely a Meandering Mary.
    6. What has been your most magical moment while at Disney? Non-monetary: getting to watch my mom dance with Goofy Monetary: my trip in 2016 Disney ended giving me over $70 between the $50 room credit (Magical Express luggage issue), a salt & pepper shaker set and a Mickey crispy treat that I was given by the cast members that were ringing up my purchases.
    7. What are your favorite places to eat at table service meal, ones you keep returning to? I'd have to say Yak & Yeti and Rainforest Cafe.
    8. If Disney told they were going to pay for you to do one table service meal a day but it has to be the same meal each day, which one would you pick? breakfast? lunch? or dinner? I'd pick lunch. I'm not much of a breakfast eater and typically by the time it's dinner time I just don't have the mental energy to deal with the whole hurry and wait routine that's a table service meal.
    9. What's your favorite snack in Disney World? I'll go with Dole Whip or maybe a cupcake
    10. What's your favourite Disney souvenir you've ever bought? I think I have three. A print of a (Thomas Kinkade?) painting of the Disneyland castle with the Partners statue in front of it and the collection of painted boxes from the Mexico pavilion in Epcot that I've managed to build.
    11. Which backstage tour would be on your bucket list? The Backstage Magic tour.
    12. What do you do on your departure day? Since I'm exhausted and don't want to do anything but relax but don't have to be on Magical Express until late afternoon I tend to check out, check my checked bag(s) with resort airline check in and sometimes my carry on with bell service and go park myself in the food court until I need to head out for Magical Express.
    13. When going to Disney World- what kind of advice can you give to a first timer or someone who hasn't been there a lot? Any inside tricks? Do your research. If you want to do something and it can be booked or reserved before you arrive book or reserve it as soon as you can. Don't try to do everything as it's not possible. Don't do tour a certain way or do something just because you you think you should because that's what “everyone” has told you. If not doing something is going to ruin the trip do it at the beginning. So if not meeting Cinderella is going to be devastating to you child do it at the beginning of the trip so that you have plenty of time to try again if you end up needing to. Magic is in the attitude and where you choose to find it. I've had a break for a diet Coke be a magical experience and it was after this break and due to the pouring rain that my mom considered my handing her a poncho to be magical.
    14. What is the best advice you can give yourself when going to Disney World? Relax and follow your whims.
    15. What are your Disney trip must dos? Disney World: Animal Kingdom – Kilimanjaro Safaris and having soft serve for breakfast from the van nearinsh Expedition Everest Epcot – Journey into Imagination Hollywood Studios – looking in the shops and the Beauty and the Beast show Magic Kingdom – The Enchanted Tiki Room Disneyland – Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
    16. What new addition to Disney World are you most looking forward to? Epcot's overhaul
    17. Which non Disney park vacations, if any, have you taken? (here I'm thinking of cruises, Aulani, Hilton Head etc. None of them.
    18. What is your favorite animate Disney movie, live action Disney movie and Pixar movie? I'm going to say the classic Mary Poppins for both animated and live action and for Pixar Finding Nemo
    19. What is your favorite Disney song? Grim Grinning Ghosts
    20. What’s your favourite non-Disney vacation destination? Domestic: Washington DC International: Scotland

Comment

I’m Cheryl and I’m from the south east of England. Together with my husband Mark, we love to travel to both Disney and non-Disney destinations.
      1. What's your favourite Disney character? Eeyore, he’s so wonderful and gloomy and I’ve had a soft spot for donkeys for many years, as I grew up with one next door to us.
      2. When was your first visit to a Disney park and which one? Walt Disney World in January 1981
      3. What's your favorite Disney resort? or home resort if DVC? We’re DVC and we have two favourite home resorts – our beloved Beach Club Villas, which we adore, but there’s also something very special about Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas.
      4. What resort would you love to stay in, but haven't just yet? We’ve stayed in all the DVC resorts that are open (as I write this – September 2019), but when the Riviera Resort opens, I’d like to stay in that.
      5. Are you a park commando? or a Meandering Mary? A park commando – I know what I want to get done and like to get it out of the way early in the day, then we can relax and meander later.
      6. What has been your most magical moment while at Disney? My 30th birthday, which I spent in Disney World. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian, as back then, it had the Winnie the Pooh characters. I hadn’t seen Eeyore and was getting very worked up about it, as I had to see him for my 30th birthday. Towards the end of the meal, he came out with a cake and a card for me. I was blown away. It turned out that after I spoke to my parents earlier in the day, when they’d asked what our plans were for the rest of the day, they had called Disney from the UK (very rare back in 2002, I’m guessing!) to ask if they could arrange something special for me with Eeyore and this is what they came up with – free of charge!
      7. What are your favorite places to eat at table service meal, ones you keep returning to? The Crystal Palace (the Eeyore connection and it’s always good food), Boma for their amazing selection of wonderfully exotic food and the California Grill for consistently fine dining and wonderful views.
      8. If Disney told they were going to pay for you to do one table service meal a day but it has to be the same meal each day, which one would you pick? breakfast? lunch? or dinner? I’d probably go for dinner at the California Grill, as they change their menu regularly and you wouldn’t get bored with it!
      9. What's your favorite snack in Disney World? A Dole Whip pineapple float.
      10. What's your favourite Disney souvenir you've ever bought? The Christmas ornament we bought on our honeymoon in 1999. We had it personalised and, with the exception of our marriage certificate, it was the first thing I had with my married name on it!
      11. Which backstage tour would be on your bucket list? We’ve been fortunate enough to do a lot of the backstage tours, but I would still love to do the Wild Africa Trek one day.
      12. What do you do on your departure day? It depends what time we’re leaving. If we’re heading home, it’s a red-eye flight, so we have a lot of the day. We’ll usually go to a park, but will tend to head out early for one final nice meal on property.
      13. When going to Disney World- what kind of advice can you give to a first timer or someone who hasn't been there a lot? Any inside tricks? Don’t think that you can see and do it all, because you can’t. Decide what your priorities are before you go and try and concentrate on those and don’t be too ambitious with your list. Less is more! And finally if your heart is set on any table service restaurants, book them beforehand, so you won’t be disappointed if you can’t get in on the day.
      14. What is the best advice you can give yourself when going to Disney World? To remember to try and take some time at the resort we’re staying in. We usually have some down time in our room, but there’s so much to see at each resort and we often end up leaving and saying we didn’t do the resort justice.
      15. What are your Disney trip must dos? Aside from eating at our favourite restaurants, making sure we catch up with any friends who are there at the same time as us and enjoying some of our favourite attractions. Things like Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pirates of the Caribbean, Test Track, the Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth. Sadly IllumiNations is no longer on that list… sob!
      16. What new addition to Disney World are you most looking forward to? I’m excited by the new Cirque du Soleil show, as we adored La Nouba. I hope we’ll enjoy the new one just as much.
      17. Which non Disney park vacations, if any, have you taken? As DVC members, we’re fortunate enough to have stayed at Vero Beach, Hilton Head and Aulani. We’ve also taken 13 Disney cruises on the Wonder, Magic, Dream and Fantasy to a range of destinations, including Alaska (twice), the Western and Eastern Mediterranean, the Transatlantic, Canadian coast and southern Caribbean.
      18. What is your favorite animated Disney movie, live action Disney movie and Pixar movie? I love Finding Nemo for Pixar movies, for live action, I loved Christopher Robin (Eeyore had so many funny lines in it!) and as for animated film, gosh that’s a really tough one. There are so many wonderful choices. I did fall in love with Lilo and Stitch (and the idea of going to Hawaii!) the first time I saw it, so I’ll vote for that.
      19. What is your favorite Disney song? It’s not a song, but the music from IllumiNations will always have a very special place in my heart. So many wonderful memories of watching that show with so many wonderful friends over the years.
      20. What’s your favourite non-Disney vacation destination? It’s got to be the Donkey Sanctuary on the south coast of England. It’s in a beautiful town called Sidmouth and we just adore it there and who can resist a cute donkey?

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Hi, ya'all! I"m Cam, aka Cam22, a Disney fan since birth.

1. What's your favorite Disney character? At the top of my favorite characters list is Mary Poppins. My first Disney movie memory is of Mary Poppins. I was so proud of myself when I could sing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Following closely behind are Chip and Dale who were Stefanie’s favorites and thereby became mine, too, Dopey, and Tinker Bell.

2. When was your first visit to a Disney park and which one? My first visit to the Magic Kingdom came in March 1980 at 21. I had begun to feel I might never get there. I’m still grateful to a friend who paid for my ticket so I could finally go.

3. What's your favorite Disney resort? or home resort if DVC? I love, love, love Animal Kingdom Lodge whether I stay at Jambo House or Kidani Village. Luke gifted me with DVC points here for my 50th birthday – best present ever.

4. What resort would you love to stay in, but haven't just yet? I can’t wait for the time when we finally manage a DVC stay at Copper Creek, and if I had endless points, staying in one of the cabins would be a dream come true.

5. Are you a park commando? or a Meandering Mary? In the beginning, we toured commando style, but since our retirement and the fact that somehow we keep getting older, we are now very relaxed in our touring. For me, lots more time to take photos.

6. What has been your most magical moment while at Disney? I’m lucky enough to have several, but the one that always comes to mind first is when Snow White came over especially to be with Stefanie during the Spectromagic parade. Stefanie’s face was priceless.

7. What are your favorite places to eat at table service meal, ones you keep returning to? Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Kidani is our only must-do every single trip. No exceptions!

8. If Disney told they were going to pay for you to do one table service meal a day but it has to be the same meal each day, which one would you pick? breakfast? lunch? or dinner? Definitely dinner because we neither one eat much for breakfast or lunch. As to where, Boma as with a buffet we could manage something different every night.

9. What's your favorite snack in Disney World? Mickey Head Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie

10. What's your favorite Disney souvenir you've ever bought? My Aulani Dooney & Bourke bag is my current favorite.

11. Which backstage tour would be on your bucket list? Either Backstage Magic or Savor the Savanna

12. What do you do on your departure day? What we can do depends on when our flight and hence Disney Magical Express pick up is. If can, we like to get one more visit, even if it is short, to one of the parks. If we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge it will always be Animal Kingdom Park. Otherwise, the choice is usually decided the night before, wherever we really want one more visit.

13. When going to Disney World- what kind of advice can you give to a first timer or someone who hasn't been there a lot? Any inside tricks? Do your homework, e.g. make dining reservations and FastPasses, read information so you can decide what is most important to do on a first trip because you won’t be able to do it all. Once you are there, relax and enjoy whether all your plans pan out or not.

14. What is the best advice you can give yourself when going to Disney World? Knowing that there really is no such thing as a slow season, meaning the parks will be crowded, give others (and myself) lots of patience and kindness.

15. What are your Disney trip must-dos? Kilimanjaro Safaris (I must see giraffes.), Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, Spaceship Earth, WDW Railroad, and Haunted Mansion.

16. What new addition to Disney World are you most looking forward to? The Mary Poppins attraction at Epcot. I have wanted a ride that centers on her forever.

17. Which non-Disney park vacations, if any, have you taken? (here I'm thinking
        of cruises, Aulani, Hilton Head etc.) We have taken two Disney cruises, one to the Bahamas and the other to the western Caribbean. We have just been to Aulani in Oahu, Hawaii (my favorite vacation ever).

18. What is your favorite animate Disney movie, live action Disney movie and Pixar movie?Favorite animate Disney movie is The Lion King, favorite live action Disney movie is Mary Poppins, and favorite Pixar movie is the whole Toy Story series.

19. What is your favorite Disney song?“Can You Feel the Love Tonight?”

20. What’s your favorite non-Disney vacation destination? Nashville, Tennessee, simply because we enjoy the Titans and Predators games.
        Last edited by Cam22; 09-24-2019, 12:47 PM.
        Cam
        27 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Hello my name is Kate aka lovewdw2 and I live in Pennsylvania- I have been to Disney many times, but started going solo in 2013. Here are my 20 questions so you can get to know a bit about me and my love for Walt Disney World!

1. What's your favorite Disney character?

Bullseye
          2. When was your first visit to a Disney park and which one?
          Magic Kingdom- 1971
          3. What's your favorite Disney resort? or home resort if DVC?
          I don’t have one favorite- PO French Quarter, Caribbean Beach, Beach Club, Boardwalk Inn
          4. What resort would you love to stay in, but haven't just yet?
          Polynesian (I stayed there as a kid, but not as an Adult)
          5. Are you a park commando? or a Meandering Mary?
          I am neither, but I do like to make a plan with scheduled meals.
          6. What has been your most magical moment while at Disney?
          The little plastic strip on the Disney umbrella broke, and I was asking for some tape. Instead they gave me a new umbrella. The trip with my youngest son, 2018, we had plans to go to Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom. While we were standing in the Garden section, the sky opened up and dumped torrential rain on us. Everyone else ran for cover & left, we only had our ponchos on. I stayed and only my sandals were soaked. However, my son, Ryan’s sneakers were soaked, and about an inch of the bottom of his shorts were wet. He was wearing the shorter poncho. He ran to find cover, but I am not sure that he ever found any. When Chewbacca & Ryan met each other, they were about the same height, that was Priceless!
          7. What are your favorite places to eat at table service meal, ones you keep returning to?
          Teppan Edo, Trail’s End, Cape May Café, and The Wave.
          8. If Disney told they were going to pay for you to do one table service meal a day but it has to be the same meal each day, which one would you pick? breakfast? lunch? or dinner?
          Dinner.
          9. What's your favorite snack in Disney World?
          Elephant Ear
          10. What's your favorite Disney souvenir you've ever bought?
          A Disney Sweatshirt jacket
          11. Which backstage tour would be on your bucket list?
          Behind the Seeds Tour
          12. What do you do on your departure day?
          I usually schedule a table- service breakfast in one of the resorts. After I might do a little shopping. Then get back to the room, to finish packing. Take some pictures of the room. Depending on when Magical Express will pick me up, I get bell services to pick me up & my baggage.
          13. When going to Disney World- what kind of advice can you give to a first timer or someone who hasn't been there a lot? Any inside tricks?
          Take your time, take afternoon breaks and go back to the resort. For tickets I would only buy one-day park tickets. If you want some table- service meals, plan ahead before your trip. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
          14. What is the best advice you can give yourself when going to Disney World?
          Enjoy the atmosphere more, do some things you haven’t done in a long time. Sleep in and take your time. Go to the resort pool at least once a day/night.
          15. What are your Disney trip must dos?
          Eat at Teppan Edo & Trail’s End, and Peco’s Bills. Ride Peter Pan. Buy cotton candy only at The Confectionery. Buy something caramel in Germany. Get a henna or 2. Visit Amorette’s Patisserie.
          16. What new additions to Disney World are you most looking forward to?
          Spaceship Earth’s updated ride. Canada & China’s new films. Walking around in Galaxy Edge.
          17. Which non-Disney park vacations, if any, have you taken? (here I'm thinking of cruises, Aulani, Hilton Head etc.
          I haven’t gone to any of those places.
          18. What is your favorite animate Disney movie, live action Disney movie and Pixar movie?
          Brave, Cinderella, and Up.
          19. What is your favorite Disney song?
          Belle
          20. What’s your favorite non-Disney vacation destinations?
          2005 Ireland & London, Virginia trips, California to visit my oldest son, and going to the beach
          Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

1. What's your favourite Disney character? Minnie Mouse

2. When was your first visit to a Disney park and which one? June 1979, Disneyland in Anaheim

3. What's your favorite Disney resort? or home resort if DVC? Of those where I’ve stayed, I’d have to say All-Star Movies.

4. What resort would you love to stay in, but haven't just yet? definitely Port Orleans Riverside

5. Are you a park commando? or a Meandering Mary? Generally, we are commandos, but we have meandered a time or two. These days, if we have hoppers, we might meander a bit more, but we always wind up commando for at least a couple of days.

6. What has been your most magical moment while at Disney? When we visited Walt Disney World for my son Joel’s graduation from community college, we ate at Il Mulino inside the WDW Swan. Our maitre d, Lafayette, just went above and beyond for us our entire meal. He gave us a wonderful table just off the busy path of the restaurant. He checked on us two separate times during the meal. Finally, he surprised us with a complimentary flourless chocolate cake for dessert. We just thought that was a truly magical meal.

7. What are your favorite places to eat a table service meal, ones you keep returning to? Our table service favorites tend to be at Epcot. We love Akershus and Garden Grill. At Magic Kingdom, we try to visit Crystal Palace. At Animal Kingdom, it’s always Tusker House.

8. If Disney told you they were going to pay for you to do one table service meal a day but it has to be the same meal each day, which one would you pick? breakfast? lunch? or dinner? dinner, because it becomes such a nice way to relax after what has probably been a full day of park activity

9. What's your favorite snack in Disney World? bland as it may seem, the good old krispie treat - I eat them every single trip.

10. What's your favourite Disney souvenir you've ever bought? I have a blue, long sleeved, pullover shirt with Walt Disney World emblazoned across the shoulder that is just totally comfy cozy. I love it so much I bought a gray one last year. FYI, they sell them in many colors at World of Disney.

11. Which backstage tour would be on your bucket list? Keys to the Kingdom

12. What do you do on your departure day? We almost always drive, so we usually get up early, grab a quick breakfast in the quick service location at our resort, and hit the road for the 11 hour drive home.

13. When going to Disney World- what kind of advice can you give to a first timer or someone who hasn't been there a lot? Any inside tricks? First, I would advise to make a list of must-do attractions and meals. Keep it manageable. Don’t over schedule yourself. Literally, build in time to just relax and soak in the magic of Disney. If you love it, as we do, you’ll be back for more. If you don’t love it 😮, then what you miss won’t really matter to you anyway. A bit of relaxation makes for a more enjoyable trip.

14. What is the best advice you can give yourself when going to Disney World? Honestly, after so many trips, it really is to not over schedule our time.

15. What are your Disney trip must dos? Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (or Astro Blasters at Disneyland), a Buzz Lightyear character greeting, Soarin’, Avatar: Flight of Passage, Expedition Everest, a Tinkerbell greeting, and a Disney resort

16. What new addition to Disney World are you most looking forward to? Galaxy’s Edge and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

17. Which non Disney park vacations, if any, have you taken? (here I'm thinking of cruises, Aulani, Hilton Head etc. So far, we’ve only done Disney parks.

18. What is your favorite animated Disney movie, live action Disney movie and Pixar movie? Beauty and the Beast for animation, Cinderella for live action, and Up for Pixar

19. What is your favorite Disney song? No question here - Reflection from Mulan. However, I do feel the need to note an honorable mention. Out There from Hunchback of Notre Dame always makes me emotional. As sung by Tom Hulce, it just seems so full of hope and joy that it’s impossible for me to not be moved by it.

20. What’s your favourite non-Disney vacation destination? What’s that? Ha Ha! Seriously, I love to visit historical sites, and I plan to revisit Washington, DC one day in the not-too-distant future.
            Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Comment

Working...
            X