Things I learned on my recent trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I learned on my recent trip

I learned some things about myself on my trip in November/December that I thought I'd share and maybe they can help others.

It turns out that I need a fastpass or two in the morning to prevent or get over the what do I do paralysis. I didn't make any fastpasses this trip and I truly believe that this is a large part of why I did so much wandering.

Advance dining reservations, need to be limited to one or two per week. As I know I'll end up at Rainforest Cafe and Yak & Yeti at least once. I enjoy a table service meal, however I discovered that I can and do start to resent the time they take.

Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom is definitely a must do if it's available. It was wonderful and as a scooter user it was amazing to be able to actually keep moving while doing a little looking. That's something I really miss about being able to do Disney on foot is being able to look around but still keep moving.

I've done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party enough and am over it. I do however want to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party again as I've only been to that once.

The Bayou Brunch at The House of Blues is definitely on the must do list. It was amazing and a wonderful way to get a Saturday off to a very enjoyable and relaxing start. The only problem? My stomach's not big enough for all the wonderful and tasty food that's available on the buffet.

I really enjoyed having breakfast at Boma before going to Animal Kingdom and definitely want to repeat the experience. It may become part of my first full day routine? tradition?. Over the last four or five trips I've really enjoyed Animal Kingdom being the park I go to on my first full non arrival day and starting the day off with breakfast Boma this was absolutely delightful. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I think I need to start including more breakfast in an reservations I make.

I've always felt we need the FastPasses to get us going in the park, so it's good to hear you confirm that. I love Boma, but we now make a reservation there only when we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks for sharing our thoughts.
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels they need a fastpass or two to get them going in the parks. It's weird though because I don't have that problem at Disneyland. I stay at a value resort and they're all in the Animal Kingdom area so getting to Animal Kingdom Lodge isn't incredibly time consuming or difficult.
      Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
      I've always felt we need the FastPasses to get us going in the park, so it's good to hear you confirm that. I love Boma, but we now make a reservation there only when we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Thanks for sharing our thoughts.

Comment

Boma for breakfast used to be a tradition for our last day. We’ve decided that’s just too much food before sitting in a car for ten hours. We still love it and try to visit every couple of years on a non park day in the middle of the week.

Comment

• revral
          revral commented
          Editing a comment
          I can see how it would be too much before sitting in a car for a long time. I can whole heartedly recommend it to start your day at Animal Kingdom. Especially if you have a car it would be very easy to do an earlier reservation and still get to Animal Kingdom near park opening.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts from your trip.

I don't think we'd do much without Fastpasses first thing either. It's interesting about the After Hours party. I have a friend on Facebook who did it last week (I think?) and she had a totally different experience to you. She said it was terrible, the crowds were awful and she'd never pay for it again. I think it's one of those hit or miss things and depends on the night you go, as I keep hearing either very good or very bad reviews of it.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I may have had a similar to your friend had I made it to Fantasyland (I think all of Fantasyland was open and that's very likely where almost everyone else went) and had I not gone during the week I think I went on either a Wednesday or Thursday.
          Originally posted by chezp View Post
          Thanks for sharing your thoughts from your trip.

I don't think we'd do much without Fastpasses first thing either. It's interesting about the After Hours party. I have a friend on Facebook who did it last week (I think?) and she had a totally different experience to you. She said it was terrible, the crowds were awful and she'd never pay for it again. I think it's one of those hit or miss things and depends on the night you go, as I keep hearing either very good or very bad reviews of it.

Comment

It’s alway good to look back and take note of some things you’ve learned after a trip!
            We made a note not to eat a big dinner before attending a DAH event.
            ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL, 2019 - BLT, 2021 - BWV, 2022 - BLT

Comment

I LOVE that you posted what you learned from your Disney trip. I too usually make fast passes in the morning for whatever park I am start that day. Then I wander....lol

I can't eat a big breakfast during my trip, but however I can on my departure day! Boma's is really good for Breakfast, however The Wave has me going there now.

Thanks for posting, Laura!
              Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

Working...
              X