AKL Jambo House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AKL Jambo House

Just got back from my first stay at AKL Jambo House. The resort is gorgeous, especially the lobby. We had a savanna view and were treated to animals that we would never see that up close. My phone was busy with pictures and videos. Went on the Starlight Safari at the resort and was close enough to pet a giraffe and zebra, although we had to keep our arms in the vehicle. Saw those magnificent rhinos on the Up Close With Rhinos tour. This time we saw Dugan, papa to the (3) newest nuggets born at AK. I could have petted him all day. The animals were out in force on Kilimanjaro Safaris. I never saw that many giraffe, rhinos, elephants, zebras and lions on the safari. It was wonderful! Transportation to the other parks was not bad at all...the trip to and from the resort was great. We took Mears Connect. The crowds in the parks were not overwhelming, the weather was good and the food was delicious. Looking forward to taking my goddaughter next year for her 1st trip to Disney. It will be especially magical to see everything through her eyes. We will be staying at a monorail resort to be close to MK and nap time, if necessary, at the resort. Will definitely be back at Jambo House one day...
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club - Sept 2022 AKL

So happy for you all that you enjoyed your stay at AKL Jambo House. It is my favorite resort and DVC home.
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Sounds like you had an amazing time! We'll have to look into doing the Starlight Safari on our next visit.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Sounds like a great experience.
        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
        X