Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epcot’s F&W Festival and we should have known better!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epcot’s F&W Festival and we should have known better!

The reason for our quick weekend trip was for dh to run the the 1/2 marathon. We have taken this opportunity to make this our late anniversary celebration trip without the children. We splurged a little and stayed at the new tower at Coronado Springs. Since this was a weekend trip, we had one day for parks. F&W Festival it is! Unfortunately, the only day we could go was Saturday. We knew this was not ideal, but it was the only day available to us. The weather was beautiful. The morning started out breezy and pleasant. We did experience some Florida heat during the middle of the day but the evening was cool and comfortable.
    We tried several samplings from around Epcot and everything we tried was very good. Dh’s favorite was the venison stew from Canada ( I think ). I loved the crab cake from the Coastal Eats kiosk.
    However, the crowds were ridiculous at times. The lines at the kiosks were long and hot. The language from the wandering drinking parties was not suitable for a family friendly vacation location. It was just the two of us, so maneuvering throughout the park wasn’t too big of an issue. I would have chosen a different park if our kids had accompanied us.
    All in all, we still had a great time!

Our first Food & Wine Festival experience was also on a Saturday, and that almost made us rethink doing it again. But I made sure on our next trip we could go on two weekdays and it was radically different. Glad you all enjoy yourselves despite of the crowds and drunks.
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• Jambo
      Jambo commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely a weekday event!

I was there last Tuesday on the 29th and it was the perfect day to go as the waits at the kiosks were very minimal. Never more than a few people in line ahead of me. Always go Mon-Thu and avoid the rest. Never go on a Saturday! I didn't notice anyone being out of control with the drinking when I was there and I spent the whole day there. Even from dinner time until closing. It was a good environment. Even walking through the crowds was fine as it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be and very manageable. I picked the right day to go. On the weekends you get the locals and that's where the difference lies with this event.
    Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
    WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

• Jambo
      Jambo commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds wonderful!

I'm sorry you didn't have a great time at Food & Wine due to the crowds. Although, I'm not surprised. I tried to do Food & Wine a number of years and gave up because of the crowds. Since I was using a scooter, not only did I not feel I could operate the scooter safely in the crowds but was afraid that I was going to end up being trampled. In all my visits to Disney World and Disneyland I have never actually been relieved to exit a park but that's what I was when I tried to do Food & Wine.

Comment

• Jambo
      Jambo commented
      Editing a comment
      We still had a very good time. I just wish Saturday wasn’t the only day we had for the Festival. I didn’t notice very many scooters. It would have been frustrating and scary to work through the congestion on one.

Unfortunately, that was our experience of Food and Wine on a weekend and that's why we now try and avoid it on weekends. It's getting so crazy popular, like most other things these days at Disney.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Working...
    X