In which I get Up Close with Rinos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I get Up Close with Rinos

I went on the Up Close with Rhinos tour the other day and loved it. It was very informative and not only was the information interesting but it was interesting to see some of the backstage area. You do indeed get to pet a rhino which is definitely something you're not going to get the opportunity to anywhere else. One of the things you'll hear said anytime rhinos are being talked about is how thick and tough their skin is. And after petting one I believe it. The skin had an interesting texture and was so firm, taught and, I'm assuming, thick that if I hadn't known I petting a living creature I would have assumed that it was a man made material. What was surprising is just how tactile and how much they actually enjoy being touched and petted. The rhino we got pet would actually lean in to the hand(s) petting her. And according to one of the two handlers there really likes having her belly rubbed. This was a fun, interesting and educational tour that I would whole heartedly recommend doing and even see myself repeating in the future. The experience was made even better by being able to do this tour with Cam and Luke.

Oh wow, that sounds like a truly wonderful experience. I'm so glad you were able to do it and with Cam and Luke too - even better!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by revral View Post
      I went on the Up Close with Rhinos tour the other day and loved it. It was very informative and not only was the information interesting but it was interesting to see some of the backstage area. You do indeed get to pet a rhino which is definitely something you're not going to get the opportunity to anywhere else. One of the things you'll hear said anytime rhinos are being talked about is how thick and tough their skin is. And after petting one I believe it. The skin had an interesting texture and was so firm, taught and, I'm assuming, thick that if I hadn't known I petting a living creature I would have assumed that it was a man made material. What was surprising is just how tactile and how much they actually enjoy being touched and petted. The rhino we got pet would actually lean in to the hand(s) petting her. And according to one of the two handlers there really likes having her belly rubbed. This was a fun, interesting and educational tour that I would whole heartedly recommend doing and even see myself repeating in the future. The experience was made even better by being able to do this tour with Cam and Luke.
      So glad you enjoyed the tour with Cam and Luke. We loved it too and plan on doing it again next year. They are gorgeous animals! Our rhino also kept pushing against the bars when we petted her. She really enjoyed having her hip area rubbed. Too bad we couldn't rub her belly...now that would have been quite an experience. When we went on Kilimanjaro Safaris, I was most excited to see the rhinos, wondering if any of the rhinos we had seen were out in the savanna.
      That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
      WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Sounds like a great experience and well worth doing with Cam and Luke.
        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Sounds great! This is one tour I’d really like to do this summer when we are there, but I’m worried about the heat.
          Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Thanks for the review. It sounds like a great time. We will be doing the Up close with rhinos in May. We had it booked for last May but thunderstorms prevented us from doing it. We hope for better weather this year.

Comment

We were so happy with this tour and really enjoyed being with you for it. It is such a good value, too.
              Cam
              29 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Working...
              X