Disney After Hours: Magic Kingdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney After Hours: Magic Kingdom

I did Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom last night and even though I didn't stay the entire time I loved it and think it was money well spent. I was surprised by what all was available and everything was a walk on. As a scooter user this was a dream to navigate as the park seemed to be practically empty in places. Although I never made it in to Fantasyland which is where most of the open attractions were, so it may have been a very different experience there. I think this is definitely worth the money but especially so for those of us that use mobility aids such as scooters and wheelchairs. If I do this again in the future, and I think I will, assuming I'm able to find out what was going to be available during the event I would intentionally avoid doing those things on any Magic Kingdom days before the event or would book/schedule it to be my first time at the Magic Kingdom. I also loved being able to see the castle and Main Street all lit up at night without large crowds of people.

Things that were open:

Main Street:
    Meet Mickey & Minnie
    Meet Tinkerbell

Adventurland:
    Jungle Cruise
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room

Frontierland:
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Splash Mountain

Liberty Square:
    Haunted Mansion

Fantasyland:
    Meet Ariel
    Princess Fairytale Hall
    The Barnstormer

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    "it's a small world"
    Mad Tea Party
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Prince Charming Carrousel
    Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
    Under the Sea - Journe of the Little Mermaid

Tomorrowland:
    Astro Orbiter
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Space Mountain
    Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. That's a pretty impressive list of attractions that are open during it.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

• revral
      revral commented
      Editing a comment
      I was definitely surprised by just how much of the park was open.

We did DAH at MK in November and were equally impressed!
    ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL, 2019 - BLT

Comment

Luke and I may have to try this. Thanks for the review!
      Cam
      27 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Glad you felt it was worth the money. Great experience without the crowds and walk on with the attractions.
        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

How late did you arrive and what time did you leave? I am glad it was Fun for you.
          Kate from PA

1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 ASMu, 2000 ASMo, 2002 CT, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 ASSp, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 BC, 2012 WL, 2013 POR, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 BWI, 2015 PC, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 POFQ, 2018 BWI, 2018 ASMu with the Heidke Family! 2019 CS w/ Wanda Anderson.

Comment

• revral
            revral commented
            Editing a comment
            I think I arrived around 6:30 - 7 and left at about 11.
        Working...
        X