Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My day at Epcot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My day at Epcot

    So tired of not doing anything with my broken wrist. I decided to try driving to Epcot. It's the start of the Festival of the Arts, one of my favorites.

    Since I was not about to do any rides, I got my cast signed by some of the characters... Also to take in the three new films.

    The characters are all over the place now with the construction work. I actually managed to get quite a few.

    New films:
    The Land pavilion. Loved the new film. It still focuses on conservation and what we can do to help out. I would see this again.

    France pavilion: Beauty and the Beast sing a long. Meh... it was all animated. It was entertaining, but a one and done for me. I love Impressions deFrance much more.

    Canada pavilion: Loved the new film. The scenery is breathtaking. Would definitely see this again.

    Photo backdrops: A few new ones were added. This is one of my favorite activities to do.

    It was very crowded yesterday, but I managed to stay longer than anticipated.

    To see all pics go to Marciuniversal on Instagram. Can't wait to go back and take in more of the art work.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

  • #2
    So glad you were able to get into Epcot and thanks for the review of the new films. What a lovely way to spend the day, even if you weren't able to do any rides.

    Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like a fun Epcot day! Love that the characters signed your cast! So good to hear that the new films at Epcot are very good. I think I'll have the same reaction to the Beauty & Beast sing along, especially now that you mention it is all animated.
      Cam
      29 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by chezp View Post
        So glad you were able to get into Epcot and thanks for the review of the new films. What a lovely way to spend the day, even if you weren't able to do any rides.
        I didn't mind not doing rides. At 10:30am the line for Living with the Land was a 30 minute wait. Test track is closed for refurbishment.
        Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cam22 View Post
          Sounds like a fun Epcot day! Love that the characters signed your cast! So good to hear that the new films at Epcot are very good. I think I'll have the same reaction to the Beauty & Beast sing along, especially now that you mention it is all animated.
          If the Beauty and the Beast was more like the Frozen sing along it would be better. It just couldn't be like that since in the evening they play Impressions DeFrance.
          Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post

            If the Beauty and the Beast was more like the Frozen sing along it would be better. It just couldn't be like that since in the evening they play Impressions DeFrance.
            Now that makes me happy as I'd rather see Impressions de France.
            Cam
            29 Trips to WDW
            2 Trips to DLR
            2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
            1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post

              I didn't mind not doing rides. At 10:30am the line for Living with the Land was a 30 minute wait. Test track is closed for refurbishment.
              Wow, that's crazy!

              Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

              Comment


              • #8
                It sounds like a fun day at Epcot! Thanks for the review of the new films. I’ve been wondering about them.
                Louise

                2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for the movie reviews. I’m looking forward to the new Canada film, although I have always enjoyed Martin Short. It sounds like you had a perfect outing to escape cabin fever. How fun to get character autographs on your cast.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jambo View Post
                    Thanks for the movie reviews. I’m looking forward to the new Canada film, although I have always enjoyed Martin Short. It sounds like you had a perfect outing to escape cabin fever. How fun to get character autographs on your cast.
                    I kind of missed Martin Short but really enjoyed the new movie.

                    in all my years going to Disney ( Land and World) with my daughter. We have never done autographs. This was a first for me.
                    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Disney4us2 View Post

                      I kind of missed Martin Short but really enjoyed the new movie.

                      in all my years going to Disney ( Land and World) with my daughter. We have never done autographs. This was a first for me.
                      No way! Wow. How cool to do that. When we used to do the autographs, we had a lot of fun getting them.

                      Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chezp View Post

                        No way! Wow. How cool to do that. When we used to do the autographs, we had a lot of fun getting them.
                        I to have never done autographs at Disneyland or Disney World even though I have met some of the characters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by revral View Post

                          I to have never done autographs at Disneyland or Disney World even though I have met some of the characters.
                          Glad I'm not alone. Neither of us ever had an interest in the autographs. Have tons of pictures though. Thought this would be fun having them sign my cast.
                          Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thank you for the review. Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff in the Fall.
                            That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
                            WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Great idea getting the characters to sign your cast! I was so disappointed that they decided to add Beauty and the Beast Singalong to the France Pavilion! It hasn't gotten very good reviews on the Disney Podcasts that I listen to. I guess I'm going to have to visit France during the evening hours to see the Impressions de France movie.
                              "If you can Dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a Dream and a Mouse." - Walt. E. Disney
                              1975 Off-site, 1982 Poly, 1985 CR, 1987 Poly, 1988 Off-site, 1990 Off-site, 1992 - 2018 CBR, CR, POFQ, CS, ASM , POP, WL (CC & BL), YC, BW, BWV, OKW, GF, GFV, BCV, BLT, AKL, DL (GC)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X