A day at Hollywood Studios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day at Hollywood Studios

I went to Hollywood Studios today. They have a new way of getting a boarding group for ROTR. The virtual queue opens at 7 am. You don’t need to be in the park to get a boarding group. I logged on right on time. I got a boarding group.... # 58. 🙄.

I got to the park before 9:30 am. Got a return time for the new Mickey and Minnie train ride. Went to Toy Story land. The line for Slinky Dog was at 80 minutes and that’s before the official 10 am opening. TSMM had a 5 minute wait which was actually a walk on. Since I enter from the handicap entrance the let me go a second time. There was nobody in that line.

I had time to kill before Mickey/Minnie. Went to see the Lightning McQueen show. It’s really geared for kids but it was cute. After my train ride I went to get a return time for Slinky Dog. The CM was nice and made my return for 5 minutes . First of two magical moments. I got another time for Slinky but never used it.

I was always checking the app to see how fast the groups were moving. It was very slow.

Took a ride on Star Tours and saw a new scenario. It was nice to see something new at an older attraction. I got hungry and headed over to the ABC Commissary. Got a chicken sandwich. I took the chicken out of the bun. Too much bread.

I was about 75 minutes from my boarding group time. I went to check it out. I had talked to a CM earlier and she let me go early... Thank you Lillian. That was the second magical moment. I saw her after the ride and we chatted a bit and I thanked her again.

I won’t spoil it for anyone but the ride was really good. I’m glad I had a chance to finally ride it. I’m not that familiar with all the prequels of Star Wars. Only saw the first three.

All the Christmas decorations were up and Christmas music was playing.

It was a long day but enjoyable. Still too many people, especially in the popular areas.

Mor pictures can be found on Instagram at Marciuniversal.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Congrats on getting a boarding group for RotR! Sounds like a fine day!
    Cam
    28 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I'm so glad you finally got on ROTR, I kept seeing your updates on Facebook and did wonder if you'd ever get on it, as the process seemed quite painful and the wait time wasn't going down much.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
        I'm so glad you finally got on ROTR, I kept seeing your updates on Facebook and did wonder if you'd ever get on it, as the process seemed quite painful and the wait time wasn't going down much.
        it took forever, or so it seemed. Thankfully Lilian let me in early. If I get a boarding group like that again, I’m just going to cancel it. Although it was good, I’m not in a hurry to ride again. I’d rather brave the crowds at Magic Kingdom. The serenity of Epcot... Hollywood Studios isn’t my favorite park.
        Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Working...
        X