Epcot 12/2/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epcot 12/2/20

We had a nice visit to Epcot last week. The hours were 12:00-9:00. We arrived just before noon. We loved the touchless body scanners. What a fantastic addition to WDW security. With the assistance of the DAS for Joel, we managed all the big attractions as well as everything on our must-do list of non-headliners. We were truly impressed with the sheer size of the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. The work is obviously currently mostly inside, but the exterior of the building just seems massive. I wondered if the added to the old Ellen’s Energy Adventure structure. Maybe not, but it sure seems larger. We did miss having a nighttime show, and Joel missed the character greetings, but we did enjoy a couple of the character motorcades. We saw one with Mickey and friends and one with the Frozen friends.

Overall, it was a great day.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020

Good that you had such an enjoyable day.
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

Nice to hear you had a great day!
      "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." ~ Walt Disney

Previous trips: June 1994 (offsite); July 1996 (offsite); May 2006 (offsite); May 2008 (offsite); May 2011 (offsite); June 2012 (POR); June 2014 (AKV - Kidani); June 2017 (POR); January 2018 (BC & YC); June 2019 (Pop Century)

Comment

I'm glad to hear you had such a good day. Interesting about the size of the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Originally posted by chezp View Post
          I'm glad to hear you had such a good day. Interesting about the size of the Guardians of the Galaxy attraction.
          Yes, and they are adding some sort of interactive element next door in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. We thought it was tied to the futuristic theming of Guardians and Mission:Space.
          Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joelsmom View Post

Yes, and they are adding some sort of interactive element next door in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. We thought it was tied to the futuristic theming of Guardians and Mission:Space.
            Ooh that sounds interesting!

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

The old Ellen's Energy Adventure is the queue, preshow, and load and unload zone while the actual ride is has been built in a whole new building.
              Cam
              29 Trips to WDW
              2 Trips to DLR
              2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
              1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

• joelsmom
                joelsmom commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought I remembered them constructing a new building from last year’s visit. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks joelsmom for sharing the Guardians attraction.

My kids always loved the actual Exxon dinosaur while I really liked the intro by Ellen Degeneres. Before I return, I will definitely watch the entire Guardians movies. Made the mistake - went to Avatar and we were clueless about it all.

I’m at least 2 vaccines away from a Disney visit. Lots of time to prepare...

Comment

Originally posted by PatV View Post
                I’m at least 2 vaccines away from a Disney visit. Lots of time to prepare...
                I think a lot of people feel that way. I know I'll be a lot happier once I get mine - although it will be a long time before they get to me, but at least thank goodness our vaccine programme is underway. There is some light at the end of the tunnel!

Comment

• joelsmom
                  joelsmom commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, I know! I was so encouraged to hear that you guys were starting a large scale effort immediately. I sure hope it goes well. Unfortunately, word in the states is that even with the vaccine, we won’t have more than 100 million doses available for a while, and it will probably take months to get more, as we seem to have passed on an opportunity to get more pretty quickly. That plus our raging numbers will slow us more than you guys, I think.

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you guys had a great day!
                Louise

2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ Pop/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention one of the true highlights of the day at Epcot. We were just positively bowled over by the Voices of Liberty on the America’s Gardens stage for a brief concert of seasonal songs. Some were classics, and some were less well known, but as usual, the group of singers did a spectacular job. It was a beautiful prelude to dinner.
                  Susan

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention one of the true highlights of the day at Epcot. We were just positively bowled over by the Voices of Liberty on the America’s Gardens stage for a brief concert of seasonal songs. Some were classics, and some were less well known, but as usual, the group of singers did a spectacular job. It was a beautiful prelude to dinner.
                    I would have loved to have seen them. They are always impressive.
                    Cam
                    29 Trips to WDW
                    2 Trips to DLR
                    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
                    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I'm so glad to hear they were out and performing, I know how many people love seeing them.

Comment

Sounds like a great day in Epcot and an added bonus with a Voices of Liberty show.
                        Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
                        WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
                        X