Disney’s Hollywood Studios 12/4/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney’s Hollywood Studios 12/4/20

Our final park day of this trip was DHS. My mom had decided that she was done with the parks, so she opted to stay at the resort. So, it was just me and Joel all day. We started at pre-7:00 AM, trying for that long awaited Rise of the Resistance boarding group. Funny story...just before 7:00, we’re off the wi-fi, in the room, ready to hit the join button, and my phone gives me the message that I have little to no signal. Joel and I sprint down the hall and out the door of the building at about 1 minute before 7:00! He’s watching the clock, and I have finger poised to join. I’m sure it was quite a sight! But it worked! We got a boarding group, #65. We skip happily back to the room to mobile order breakfast. That group number wound up being called at 5:06 that afternoon! Isn’t that crazy? Even after joining the queue, it was more than an hour in line before we got into the attraction, but we did finally experience RotR. I don’t want to call it a ride. It’s much more than that. It’s so immersive, it’s hard to tell where the experience actually begins. As much as I thought Pandora was a next level experience at AK, this attraction is in a category all its own. In fact, Galaxy’s Edge is definitely the most impressive “land” we’ve yet seen at WDW.

The rest of the day was great fun, too. We walked right on the Millennium Falcon ride first thing in the morning, and went back later to do it again. We rode the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway twice, as well. It is absolutely beyond cute. I was bowled over by the ingenuity. It’s an utterly delightful ride. We managed to get to Toy Story Land and ride all three of those attractions. Slinky Dog Dash was just as much fun as we remembered from last year. The only indoor show we saw was Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy. They did a great job of physical distancing.

We ended the day after park closing at Savi’s Workshop, so Joel could build a lightsaber. Is this worth the $200 price tag? Not for the average person, but for a Star Wars enthusiast, and certainly for Joel, this was thrilling and totally worth it. His reservation was for 8:05 PM. He and the other participants took part in another immersive presentation, and the lightsaber itself was quite something. He chose his parts and pieces, and it’s real metal and looks authentic. It also came with a cloth sheath with a carrying strap and a fold over and drawstring closure. After Savi’s, we and the other dozen or so people in that experience walked out of a totally empty park. I wondered how we would get back to Art if Animation, but we were told at the exit to go to a bus and tell the driver where to take us. That was pretty fantastic. It was us and the driver.

All in all, it was an outstanding day at DHS.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020

Your DHS day sounds incredible! We finally got to ride Rise of the Resistance, too, back in November and were so amazed.
    Cam
    29 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

I’m glad you got to experience ROTR. I think I had a boarding group of 58 the day I went. Sounds like you had a great day.
      Over 100 pounds gone. Diabetes is in remission, no more insulin. So grateful to have done weight loss surgery ( duodenal switch).

Comment

Sounds like a great day. We're hoping to ride ROTR in October.
        That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
        WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & July 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, July 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian

Comment

I'm glad you got to ride Rise of the Resistance, but my goodness, the wait even with the boarding pass system is crazy! I'm hoping that maybe in two years' time, which will be the next time we get back, the waits may be a little less insane.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

I am so glad you had a terrific day in DHS. I am also hoping that we get your luck and are able to ride Rise when we go over New Year's.
            Ta Ta For Now. Jenn

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018

Comment

Working...
            X