Magic Kingdom, 9/16/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Kingdom, 9/16/21

This was a Thursday. After a day off from the parks on Wednesday, we were up early and at MK for opening. The crowd seemed substantial, but nothing like the mobs we’ve seen at rope drop in the past. We joined the group headed for Fantasyland. Once the “rope was dropped,” we did everything in that part of the park in about 2 hours. The Mine Train and Peter Pan’s Flight were, as usual, the longest wait times, but we walked right in to Small World, Little Mermaid, the teacups, Mickey’s Philharmagic, the carousel, and Dumbo. We used return times for the longer waits and filled in with those walk ons while we waited. On our way to Tomorrowland, we finished with Winnie the Pooh, where we waited maybe 10 minutes. Fantasyland was a win. Except for actual queue bodies, nothing felt crowded.

Tomorrowland was similar. We did everything except Space Mountain and were finished before lunch. On to Liberty Square, the only attraction we cared about was Hall of Presidents. Despite the serious warning to remain silent, there were some cheers during introductions of the more recent presidents, which just annoyed me. Silence means silence, people. Then we ate at the newly reopened Columbia Harbour House. We even scored a table upstairs overlooking the passers by.

After a lovely lunch, we proceeded to Adventureland, where we did everything except the treehouse, or as we’ve heard it called, Stairs: the Attraction. We cut through over to see our friends at the Country Bear Jamboree. Who doesn’t love Big Al? Then we managed both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder before dinner back up on Main Street at Tony’s. We very much enjoyed Tony’s, our first but not last visit.

We staked out what turned out to be a nearly unobstructed view for our final viewing of Happily Ever After. I will miss that show. Out There just thrills me. Maybe it’ll be included in the next one??

Crowd level overall for the entire day? I’d give it a 5 and probably the lightest I’ve ever personally experienced at MK. Great day! But shhh during Hall of Presidents!!
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021, Disneyland June 2022

Sounds like you had a fun packed day! I agree with you...silence means silence.
    That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.
    WDW Sept 1995 Contemporary - July 1997 & 1998 Polynesian - July 2000, 2003 & May 2019 Grand Floridian - Oct 2021 Beach Club - Sept 2022 AKL

Comment

I feel that showing your political leanings during the Hall of Presidents is uncalled for.
      Cam
      29 Trips to WDW
      2 Trips to DLR
      2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
      1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Another good day in terms of crowds. Very sad about the behaviour of people in the Hall of Presidents.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Working...
        X