Disneycember 2022 MVMCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneycember 2022 MVMCP

On arrival day, we dropped our luggage at the resort, changed into our matching party shirts, and headed to the Magic Kingdom for our first ever MVMCP. We arrived at the MK about 4:30 and joined the line for the party crowd. The line was lengthy, but as usual it moved smoothly and quickly. We were in with our wristbands within just a few minutes.

The day crowd was still there, of course, but we managed a party map, our complimentary Christmas ornament, a photo op, a trip to guest relations at City Hall (and then due to a long line on to the guest experience kiosk) to activate Joel’s DAS, a return time for the Jingle Cruise, dinner at Pecos Bill’s, and a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean before party time. Jingle Cruise was our first party time activity.

We did enjoy shorter wait times for attractions. The areas of congestion, such as the show stages and the hub during the parades and fireworks, didn’t seem particularly crowded. We saw every show without issue. Joel’s other big priority was character greetings. In Fantasyland, he met Tiana, Rapunzel, Elena, and Cinderella, all except Elena with their princes. That was a great treat. Belle greeted him in her winter/Christmas attire outside the former Enchanted Tales location. We missed Ariel and Eric, and Joel also chose not to wait in the lengthy line for Aurora and Phillip. He did see Moana along with Aladdin (as Prince Ali) with Abu. Those were in Adventureland.

I made the effort to get us to the snack giveaways. Each spot had its own flavor of cookie, with either apple cider or hot chocolate. The cookies were meh. I didn’t care for the cider, but the hot chocolate was pretty tasty.

We enjoyed the “snow” on Main Street and in Tomorrowland, although the whirring of the blowers dampened the “magic.”

We did a few other rides, including Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear and Peter Pan, all with very little wait. Before we knew it, it was near midnight, and after the late parade, we headed down Main Street to the exit and the bus back to POFQ. It was a lovely, stress-free night.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019, AoA December 2020, ASMovies Sep 2021, Disneyland June 2022

Thank you for sharing. Makes me want to go. We have gone several holiday seasons but never done the Party. Say Hello to Mickey for me

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you had a good time at the party and that you got to meet so many characters.
      Ta Ta For Now. Jenn https://www.pixiedustlane.com/core/i...lies/smile.pnghttps://www.pixiedustlane.com/core/i...ilies/cool.png

WDW 2007, 2015 & 2020/2021 (New Year), Universal FL 2011 & 2015, DLR 2012, DCL (Dream) 2016, (Wonder) 2018, (Fantasy) 2022

Comment

So glad that you all had such a wonderful time at the party!
        Cam
        29 Trips to WDW
        2 Trips to DLR
        2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
        1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

So glad you had a good night at the party!
          ~ Donna

Past trips: 1991-Dixie Landings, 1994- Off site, 2004 - POR, 2009 - POFQ, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - POR, 2012 - BLT, 2013 - BCV, 2015 - BWV, 2016 - BWV, 2017 - BLT, 2018 - OKW, 2018 - BWV/AKL, 2019 - BLT, 2021 - BWV, 2022 - BLT

Comment

Sounds like you had a great time at the party!
            Louise

2022 ~ POP; 2021 ~ BC/Poly; 2018 ~ POR/YC; 2017 ~ Disney Dream/BLT; 2016 ~ BC/Poly; 2015 ~ BC/Poly (June) and Disney Fantasy (November/December); 2014 ~ Poly; 2013 ~ Disney Fantasy; 2012 ~ BCV (June) and Disney Magic (August); 2010 ~ WL; 2009 ~ POP/CBR; 2004 ~ WL; 1996 ~ Dixie Landings; 1991 ~ CBR; 1985 ~ Fort Wilderness

Comment

Sounds like you had an amazing time! It's good to hear that, as given the way prices have been going, I've been wondering whether it's worth it any longer.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Working...
              X