UO/IOA Dining 8/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UO/IOA Dining 8/2020

The dining experience was probably the biggest issue we had on our trip. In each area of the parks, especially at Islands of Adventure, there was generally only one casual/quick option for dining. While I understand this is probably a matter of economics right now, we were disappointed to not be able to eat at some of our favorite lunch places. Circus McGurkus Cafe at Seuss Landing is currently a team member break area, so none of their wonderful fried chicken this trip. 😞. We also tried the Comic Strip Cafe and the Captain America Diner, only to find them closed as well.

At CityWalk, quite a few TS places are open only Thursday-Sunday, and almost all of them are opening at 4:00 for dinner. We arrived on Saturday and didn’t notice the Monday-Wednesday closings until we started looking for dinner on Monday. We did enjoy decent meals for dinner at Margaritaville, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, and the NBC Sports Grill. Oh, and of course I had to visit the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. The biggest issue there is deciding what sweet treats to buy.

We stayed at at Loews Royal Pacific Resort. We didn’t try the nice restaurants there, limiting our dining to the quick location, Tuk Tuk Market. Their meal offerings are exceedingly limited. You can get individual pizza, cheese or pepperoni, and it’s tasteless. You can get a hot dog. You can get pre-packaged salads and sandwiches, bags of chips, and several sweet items. We didn’t try breakfast, but they do offer a couple of breakfast sandwiches. They offer Starbucks beverages and bottled Coke products. The Coca Cola Freestyle machine is currently shut down, although the Freestyle souvenir cups are still sold in the parks and can be refilled there. Go figure. All in all, Tuk Tuk Market for dinner is better than nothing, but it’s really only just to keep you from starving.
    Susan

DLR off-site June 1979, WDW offsite March 1985, ASMovies June 2002, ASSports May 2006, ASMusic May/June 2007, ASSports May 2008, Pop Century May/June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, ASSports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, ASMovies October 2013, DLR off-site June 2014, ASMusic May/June 2015, ASSports May/June 2016, ASMovies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, MNSSHP October 2017, ASSports March 2018, Pop Century July 2019

Sorry that meals were hit or miss right now.
    Cam
    27 Trips to WDW
    2 Trips to DLR
    2 Disney Cruises (Wonder and Magic)
    1 Trip to Aulani/Hawaii

Comment

Sorry to hear the available options weren't that great. I think it's the same everywhere. I've struggled to find places open on Mondays and Tuesdays for our trip around England next month. A lot of places seem to be on very limited hours or offering limited menus right now.

Enjoying some relaxation time on the Transatlantic cruise on the Disney Magic - I'm Cheryl and with my husband Mark, we love visiting Disney and exploring the world...

Comment

Interesting. Thanks so much.

Comment

Kind of limited on the food offerings right now, but things should get better shortly as more places open up. I enjoyed my stay at the RP in 2017 and enjoyed the Orchid Court Lounge area for continental breakfast each day as well as the sushi bar one evening. Great resort and I'm sure I'll return.
          Trips:95-2K,06&13-Italy, Switz, France, UK, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech, Lich, Eire, Spain, Portugal, Moroc; 98-Nat.Parks(CA, AZ, UT & NV) 99-Vegas, 01-Austr, NZ&HA, 05-Memphis, 11-Austin:ACL& Orlando:Bay Hill;13-Paris & East France;15-Memphis;18-Vegas
          WDW:02-WL, 03-CSR, 04-AKL, 05-BWI, 07-POR, BC, 08-CG Omni & CBR, 09-Poly, POR(Decade of Dreams), 10-POFQ, GF, 11-POFQ, 12-CSR,WL, 14-POR, 15-DCL Magic-West Caribbean, 16-B Resort, 17-USF:Royal Pacific/WDW Dolphin

Comment

Working...
          X